Albert Haynesworth

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...-to-the-eagles/

If the Redskins were offering Albert to the Eagles why not call the redskins and offer our 2nd round pick for Haynesworth. He has already been paid a big chunk of his bonuses. He is due 12 million a year for the next 6 years. It would solve a big area of need while keeping our 9th pick. Haynesworth is 29 I believe and we know that DTs can play into thir mid 30s.

It would be a big piece of the defensive puzzle.

If the Redskins were offering Albert to the Eagles why not call the redskins and offer our 2nd round pick for Haynesworth. He has already been paid a big chunk of his bonuses. He is due 12 million a year for the next 6 years. It would solve a big area of need while keeping our 9th pick. Haynesworth is 29 I believe and we know that DTs can play into thir mid 30s.

1) He doesn't want to play in a 3-4 - that's what seems to have precipitated his displeasure with the Redskins

2) He's not suited for a 3-4

3) No way Ralph ponies up for the amount remaining on his contract

1) He doesn't want to play in a 3-4 - that's what seems to have precipitated his displeasure with the Redskins

He's not suited for the 3-4? He's 6' 6" and weighs 350 pounds! What the Hell is he suited for, a speed rusher? He just doesn't want to play NT because it's hard work and not glamorous. Poor Fat Albert! He's got a $21mil bonus coming and he doesn't want to play NT. Boo Frickety hoo. Who needs that crybaby underachiever at that money? Maybe they'll cut him before the big pay day and and he can ponder what position he feels like playing this year.

"$41 million is guaranteed, and a poison pill provision in 2013 basically ends the deal in a practical sense in 2012. So, the Redskins were trying to unload a four-year, $48.2 million deal for a player who played in just 12 games in 2009, and frequently left the field when he was activated over further small injuries. Worse still, the 'Skins are trying to switch to a 3-4 defense, and Haynesworth is a prototype 4-3 tackle who has no desire to be a 3-4 nose tackle."

That's why trying to buy a Superbowl will never work.

He's not suited for the 3-4? He's 6' 6" and weighs 350 pounds! What the Hell is he suited for, a speed rusher? He just doesn't want to play NT because it's hard work and not glamorous. Poor Fat Albert! He's got a $21mil bonus coming and he doesn't want to play NT. Boo Frickety hoo. Who needs that crybaby underachiever at that money? Maybe they'll cut him before the big pay day and and he can ponder what position he feels like playing this year.

hehehehehheheeheehehehheh that's what I was about to say...he isn't suited????...no, he doesn't want to, but he is definitely suited to do so...he doesn't want to because he wants to make plays not eat up blocks...he could do it EASILY...he's just spineless and a glory getter...maybe in THAT aspect he's not suited for it

hehehehehheheeheehehehheh that's what I was about to say...he isn't suited????...no, he doesn't want to, but he is definitely suited to do so...he doesn't want to because he wants to make plays not eat up blocks...he could do it EASILY...he's just spineless and a glory getter...maybe in THAT aspect he's not suited for it

Yeah - I guess a player has to be suited to the role above the neck, too.

^^^^^^^^read above^^^^^^^^

The Skins aren't going to pay the guy 21 million dollars in one year just to trade him the next year for a second round pick (Which they would have to pay 1.7-2.2 million a year). Snyder isn't going to pay 21 million for 1 year of a DT in a 4-12 season plus a 2nd round pick. Haynseworth will stay a Skin for at least another year (Next year his salary will still be manageable and they would consider trading him then).

With his attitude (or lack thereof), his ridiculous contract demands, and history...I would see no reason to bring him in.

And I think we are starting the see, that his "standout" season that got him out of Tennessee and onto the Redkins' roster was indeed a performance solely for an increased paycheck.

His Jason Peters-like reputation has proven to be true.

Glad we did not enter the "sweepstakes" a couple of years ago.

Haynesworth is suited to.......eat. Snyder should be forced to pay every last penny of that contract. No way RW pays anywhere close to that kind of contract for anyone let alone someone totally unmotivated. Why is it that every single player that is available, the Bills should get? Sick of hearing about all the junk we should get and how it would help. NO, IT WON'T!!!! We have enough crap as it is.

geez do we have to play the 3-4 is it the law, did we take an oath or something, is there a penalty if we back out I mean really- we didn't suck against the run because we played a 4-3 we sucked because we played an asinine version of the 4-3 and didn't even do that well- replace Ellison, Kelsey, and get a decent DT in the rotation with Stroud and Williams - and have an offense that scores enough to make the other team have to pass once in a while and we'd be ok.

JUST STOP!!!

The Skins aren't going to pay the guy 21 million dollars in one year just to trade him the next year for a second round pick (Which they would have to pay 1.7-2.2 million a year). Snyder isn't going to pay 21 million for 1 year of a DT in a 4-12 season plus a 2nd round pick. Haynseworth will stay a Skin for at least another year (Next year his salary will still be manageable and they would consider trading him then).

It has been widely reported by many credible reporters that Haynesworth was offered to the Eagles in the Donovan McNabb trade but that the Eagles had zero interest. So I have to disagree with you. I think Washington would be happy to move him if there were any takers. He's unhappy there and the new regime isn't too crazy about him either.

geez do we have to play the 3-4 is it the law, did we take an oath or something, is there a penalty if we back out I mean really- we didn't suck against the run because we played a 4-3 we sucked because we played an asinine version of the 4-3 and didn't even do that well- replace Ellison, Kelsey, and get a decent DT in the rotation with Stroud and Williams - and have an offense that scores enough to make the other team have to pass once in a while and we'd be ok.

Haynesworth is a bad character. He fought a teammate in college. He fought a teammate in the pros. He stepped on Andre Gurode's head.

In 2007, Haynesworth was fined $1,000 and placed on 30 days’ probation for driving in excess of 100 miles per hour. Only four days later Haynesworth’s reckless driving caused another car to spin out of control and crash. The other driver, a 25-year-old man, ended up needing a new hip.

Haynesworth has already worn out his welcome after just one year with the Redskins.

And you want the Bills to acquire him and then change their defense back to a 4-3 for the guy? Wow.

Geez I guess we should forward your post on to the coaching staff. We posters aren't setting the defensive strategy; we're just going on what the coaches have intimated to us so far - and so far the 3-4 is what they've told us they're doing. AW is the quintessential contract year player. I agree with some above - he probably could play nose in a 3-4, but that means no sacks for big fat Albert so he's gonna cry about it all the way to the bank because Snyder is a dipsh!t.

Seriously the retard meter on my laptop hit 11 when I pulled up the front page of posts on this board. Bulger? Campbell? Haynesworth? Are you morons so starved for the Bills to make a trade or move in free agency that you will just take any reject off any team? How about the Bills just trade one of JUGS machines to the Raiders and get JP back? Will that satiate you enough to back away from the keyboard and resume banging your heads against the wall? :blink:

Fat Albert complained last year about the Skins defense not being designed to take advantage of his freewheeling skills. He has publically complained this year about the move to the 3-4 and his desire not to play nose tackle, again because it is not good for him. He has refused to participate in the Redskins workouts saying he wants to get in better shape this year and he can accomplish that by working on his own. This is exactly the reputation he had in Tenneesee - selfish and lazy - yet the Skins paid him $100 million. The Bills certainly do not need yet another selfish lazy player at any price.