Campbell

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
How bout we trade our trash (Edwards) for their trash (Campbell) and then everybody can cheer that we did something. I'm still for taking Colt McCoy in round 2.

How about we trade our trash fans for real ones and then everybody can cheer for the Buffalo Bills. (all players included)

Trent Edwards is one of the lowest paid players on the team, yet we ask the most out of him. He has never had a good supporting cast yet TE never complains or makes excuses. The team always comes first to Trent Edwards even if it means swallowing his pride and sitting on the bench.

If you were to ask TE what his primary goal is for this Bills football team the answer will always be the same,

"Our goal is to bring home a Championship for the City Buffalo"

Haven't you been paying attention? The bills for years have built their AAA minor league team with so-so drafting and "damaged-goods", or "bargain" players no one else wants, straight out of the sale rack at Two Guys. . Campbell would be a perfect fit. Another B- player for a B- franchise. But the stands are filled every Sunday, aren't they? I wish I was Ralph Wilson. Smartest business guy in the league.

Agreed, but B- ?? I wish I had you as a teacher. Bills have had 1 winning season in the last 10 years, no playoffs, sold part of our games to another city and have drafted no talent in that period of time. More like a D+ at best.

Probably Jake Locker. but have to lose 11 or 12 games to get him in next years draft. Can Bills nation survive another nightmare season?

Ha ha ha. 7-9 and 6-10 are considered nightmare seasons? I guess 0-16 and 2-14 are picnics in the park for Lions and Rams fans. Not saying we don't need to get better but let's maintain some perspective here.

PTR

How about we trade our trash fans for real ones and then everybody can cheer for the Buffalo Bills. (all players included)

Trent Edwards is one of the lowest paid players on the team, yet we ask the most out of him. He has never had a good supporting cast yet TE never complains or makes excuses. The team always comes first to Trent Edwards even if it means swallowing his pride and sitting on the bench.

If you were to ask TE what his primary goal is for this Bills football team the answer will always be the same,

WOW, I just threw up in my mouth a little bit... :thumbsup:

I hope this was sarcasm and I am just too dumb to realize it

Guest dog14787
WOW, I just threw up in my mouth a little bit... :wallbash:

I hope this was sarcasm and I am just too dumb to realize it

Me too :rolleyes:

Glad I could oblige :sick:

Guest dog14787
One mans trash is another mans treasure...(See Bledsoe, Milloy, Mitchell, Gailey, Donahoe, Incognito, Klopfenstein (Parts I, II, III, IV, V, VI...), Fitzpatrick, Owens, Stroud, and lets not forget the latest...Rashard Mendenhalls brother (BROTHER!)

:rolleyes: Well said

He is the African American version of JP Losman. Stats lie. he fumbles too much, takes horrible sacks, no ability to scramble properly, and a 2 cent brain.

To top it off, Campbell actually has WR's and TE's who know what a hash mark is and how to cross on a pattern.

From one VA Bill to another....I had Campbell as more of a Rob Johnson type than JP Losman but I totally agree with the rest of your analysis...The guy has great character but he is a football moron. He has been in the league for 4 years and still can't read a defense. His processor runs slower than normal.

Remember the game against the Jets where JP went out his way to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory.. Campbell will give you those plays in the 1st and 2nd quarter of just about every game....my goodness maybe he is more like JP.

If we grab Campbell, we would have two QBs who have been tried and failed, one guaranteed back up, and then Brohm.

Yep,Ready for another year. When will it end. Bills Raiders NFL laughing stock. It`s getting old. The young pups on here really don`t know how old it has been. Seems like forever.

• 2 weeks later...

Raiders best fit for Campbell?

8:16AM ET

Jason Campbell | Redskins | Interested: 49ers?, Jaguars?, Raiders?, Vikings?, Bills?, Browns?, Panthers?

Top Email

After the Redskins' trade for Donovan McNabb, the kneejerk reaction was that Jason Campbell was not long for Washington, D.C. The Washington Post's Jason Reid reported later in the week that Campbell's agent had been given the green light to explore trade opportunities for Campbell, and on Monday, the QB signed his RFA tender, clearing a final hurdle to his being traded.

Possible destinations for Campbell

* Oakland: Lost out on McNabb, other options aren't too encouraging

* Buffalo: Campbell's not from California!

* Minnesota: You know, in case Favre doesn't come back

* Carolina: ESPN's NFC South blogger Pat Yasinskas thinks Campbell is worth a shot for the Panthers, possibly with a mid-round pick

* Jacksonville: David Garrard's not getting any younger, although Michael C. Wright tweets that the Jags aren't interested

Both Oakland and Buffalo (which pick consecutively in the first round, appropriately enough) need a QB upgrade, but could also take a tackle with their first pick. And of course, there is the chance of a team biding its time and getting into the mix later (say, a Favre-less Minnesota Vikings, if they see Campbell as an upgrade over the Tarvaris Jackson-Sage Rosenfels duo).

ESPN.com's Matt Mosley thinks it'll take a fourth-rounder for Campbell, and throws the 49ers and Browns into the list of possibly interested teams. ESPN's John Clayton concurs with the price tag, noting that a mid-round pick could probably get it done. Assessing the different possibilities, Jeremy Green of Scouts, Inc. thinks that the Raiders' offensive philosophy is the best match for Campbell's game:

Jeremy Green

He's got the big arm Al Davis loves

"While it is hard to get excited about any player going to Oakland because of the nature of the Raiders organization, the down-the-field throwing style they ask from the QB in the offensive system does suit Campbell's skill set the best. Campbell is a pocket passer with a strong arm who throws a good deep ball, which is the No. 1 requirement in the Raiders' offensive system."

Len Pasquarelli

It's possible he stays in D.C., too

"It might be a long shot, but there is some chance that Jason Campbell will stay in Washington as McNabb's backup. His potential aside, as well as the feeling in some quarters (including this one) that he can be a productive starter, the Washington brass is having some trouble so far stirring up much interest in the five-year veteran. Some teams could be waiting for Washington to release him, and that might be a mistake."

Mel Kiper Jr.

This could affect Clausen's stock

"There really isn't a situation now for Campbell where you feel he could land as a good bet to get first-team reps. Arizona and Seattle have already addressed depth, and even a team like Carolina seems intent on letting Matt Moore take the reins. I don't think it'll be hard for Campbell to find work, but he's close to getting that 'journeyman' tag. Could he get a call from Oakland? If so, Jimmy Clausen could be affected once again."

Is this Joe Edwards?