Eagles stockpiling picks...now have 10

The Eagles are going to try and move up to draft the Safety from Tennessee....mark it down

I just hope that once that #9 selection is on the clock there will be a player that 2 teams really want still available.

Trade down a few spaces (12-18 range) and get another quality pick.

McNabb and the 24th pick, for Lynch and the 9th? what you guys think?

The Eagles just signed Mike Bell (who isn't that good) and have McCoy & Weaver. So rb isn't really a need for them. Given that Jauron is there and they need a safety, a package involving Whitner might be interesting to them.

The Eagles just signed Mike Bell (who isn't that good) and have McCoy & Weaver. So rb isn't really a need for them. Given that Jauron is there and they need a safety, a package involving Whitner might be interesting to them.

true, but if the premise of this thread is that they are moving up to get Berry, then they definitely dont want Whitner.

true, but if the premise of this thread is that they are moving up to get Berry, then they definitely dont want Whitner.

That's one poster's opinion. It could be true but who knows. They still have to find a trade partner and their oline is in pretty bad shape right now too. Additionally, they just traded a very solid starting cb and a starting LB (and they are short on those as well). For a team that went 11-5, they have a lot of holes.

If they really are looking to move McNabb (and they pretty much have to now), why not offer a player in a position of need that their new d back coach drafted? I'd certainly ask if I was Nix.

I'd trade McCargo for a grilled cheese sandwich right about now. Maaaaaybe hold out for a pickle.

I'd love a grilled cheese. Is McCargo even under contract anymore? And the crazy thing is we would have gotten a pick for McCargo if he didn't fail a physical.

I would realy like the bills to snatch up more draft picks. Whitner isn't needed here anymore. Id try to get the eagles 121st pick for him and add someone else. Wilson should be starting SS, with Scott as backup. We also got Harris who had played a bit of safety for us. I just don't like Whitner as a person or a player. He seems like a sleezy "diva" to me. And the guy thinks he's so !@#$ing cool, and alot better player than he is. Hell, take the 137th pick for him.

i still dont get the whole "trade marshawn" talk, the guy accomplished more in 14 games two straight years than Freddie could accomplish in 16 games. So what if the guy does something stupid again, then i guess its a good thing we have TWO running backs that are good and Marshawn will be gone. i'd rather take the chance that we see the same Marshawn who can actually score td's inside the redzone unlike freddie. We need both in my opinion.

i still dont get the whole "trade marshawn" talk, the guy accomplished more in 14 games two straight years than Freddie could accomplish in 16 games. So what if the guy does something stupid again, then i guess its a good thing we have TWO running backs that are good and Marshawn will be gone. i'd rather take the chance that we see the same Marshawn who can actually score td's inside the redzone unlike freddie. We need both in my opinion.

dont get me wrong, ive been on record here in MANY threads saying that I too think it is a mistake to trade him. its just gotten to the point that the "trade marshawn" talk is so prevalent, i dont feel like qualifying all of my posts with "i dont think we should trade him, but...". i was just throwing that out there in a hypothetical situation.

im with you 100%. keep Marshawn. he has 2 great seasons, 1 rough one, and is worth more to us on the team than he can get in trade anyways.

First ... with no one bidding on McNabb any general manager who would in any way give up a first round position or selection would just be a fool. The Eagles are going to have to move one of their top two quarterbacks and the price for either McNabb or Kolb just keeps going down.

And, as much as I posted an inquiry yesterday about trading Lynch ... we do need two quality running backs not just one. This would just be a foolish trade.

Finally ... here in South Jersey we have seen the increasing number of Donovan passes that are missing their mark ... just behind receivers ... a little bit short of them making them have to stretch ... he is not one to choose and I'd love to see the powers that be officially announce we are not in the McNabb chase! :lol:

dont get me wrong, ive been on record here in MANY threads saying that I too think it is a mistake to trade him. its just gotten to the point that the "trade marshawn" talk is so prevalent, i dont feel like qualifying all of my posts with "i dont think we should trade him, but...". i was just throwing that out there in a hypothetical situation.

im with you 100%. keep Marshawn. he has 2 great seasons, 1 rough one, and is worth more to us on the team than he can get in trade anyways.

Yeah, except that ranking 13th (1,036 yards) and 11th (1,115 yards) is hardly GREAT. Im sorry, you must have great confused with mediocre. What Adrian Peterson has done is GREAT, what Chris Johnson did last year was GREAT. Marshawn is top 30% of the league if your talking as far as starters goes.

Just saying...

Have a Happy Easter!

Yeah, except that ranking 13th (1,036 yards) and 11th (1,115 yards) is hardly GREAT. Im sorry, you must have great confused with mediocre. What Adrian Peterson has done is GREAT, what Chris Johnson did last year was GREAT. Marshawn is top 30% of the league if your talking as far as starters goes.

Just saying...

Have a Happy Easter!

That's because he had Jason Peters watching his blind side last year. :lol:

I just hope that once that #9 selection is on the clock there will be a player that 2 teams really want still available.

Trade down a few spaces (12-18 range) and get another quality pick.

I like this idea, The Bills never seem to do this but they often trade back into the first round.