Bills sign WR Chad Jackson

Why not? Nothing to lose. Worth a shot.

Absolutely bring in some guys with potential from every source available and let it sort itself out there is only potential upside here. The Bills are offer huge potential to free agents from all sources there are more than a few players who have the talent they have to have an opportunity with a real opening and the Bills offer that at almost every job on their roster.

another player with all the measurables but can't transition to the NFL for whatever reason. He played with Brady and still got cut.

And Randy Moss and Wes Welker and Donte Stallworth and Jabar gaffney.... And sammy Morries and Kevin Faulk and Maroney...

Amazing he wasnt the number one reciever and didnt led the league in yards, TDs and have the highest salery

Give him a chance maybe he can help out

I live in NE, and had to ask a coworker who the heck is he. He's a huge (supposedly) NE fan and didn't know who I was talking about. In spite of that, bring him in, doesn't cost much and he does have speed. Might return kicks which could free up McKelvin to perhaps perform where he's supposed to. Anyways, not a bad pickup......In fact, there's not been one pickup that I'm opposed to. FO seems to be trying to upgrade where they need to.

Oh yeah, great move by the sage Buddy Nix. Here's a kid that could not make it at wide receiver with Tom Brady throwing and that line blocking in 2006 and 2007. (Brady only threw for 50 TD passes in 2007.) I'm sure he'll light it up with Edwards/Fitzy/Brohm/??? throwing behind their 2010 line which looks like it will feature more rookies starting on it then even last years. Yes sir, I see only good things for Chad Jackson this season. Way better move then wasting Ralph's unspent money on a veteran WR like Bolden or even Antonio Bryant, right? You know, a WR who might actually know how to get off the line or change up his route to allow his QB to get a throw off before the inevitable sack??

But wait, I keep forgetting, Bill Walsh....er, I mean Chan Gailey is the Bills coach. He is an offensive genius, so I'm sure he and his assistants will "coach 'em up" just fine.

Yah Go figure i can't understand why he couldn't get Brady to barley look his way with Moss on one side and Welker (the 2 best friggin receivers in the bidsness!!) I think that was the year that Moss set a NFL record for single season receptions too wasn't it ?? oh but i could be mistaken cause it's very apparent that no one knows football talent like you !! :bag: !!! Maybe instead of a janitor you should be a GM or a talent scout in the NFL .Hey maybe you could show Ralph your credentials & be our next Head Coach ! brilliant absolutely brilliant !!! :thumbsup:

I think this could be a very smart move by Nix. Bring Jackson in, hopefully get some information about Belichek's system and if he doesn't pan out you cut him. Belichek does this all the time and no one criticizes him. Clearly, people just want to B word about Nix....

I live in the Boston area, and I recall the knock on him was that he couldn't pick up the offense. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Too bad, too, because he was very good in College and was considered a steal when N.E. grabbed him in the 2nd.

Injuries played a huge factor in his career up to this point. I hope he can stay healthy and give himself a chance. The talent is there, not sure about the heart/head....

depth gotten for cheap, which we still need a lot of. if he ends up being a contributer that will work out for us. A lot of people here might expect him to come in here and be good because its a familar name.

More importantly, no word on Roscoe yet? Have we had this obligatory "Roscoe will be a bigger part of the offense presse release or statement yet." I wonder if his role change.

Too bad, too, because he was very good in College and was considered a steal when N.E. grabbed him in the 2nd.

Injuries played a huge factor in his career up to this point. I hope he can stay healthy and give himself a chance. The talent is there, not sure about the heart/head....

Took the words right out of my mouth. Going to several gator games when he was playing, he used to light people up. He was also a kid at the combine who impressed everyone pretty much...didn't drop a pass on the jugs machine (etc.). Hopefully he can bounce back from these injuries and go back to his former self.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Going to several gator games when he was playing, he used to light people up. He was also a kid at the combine who impressed everyone pretty much...didn't drop a pass on the jugs machine (etc.). Hopefully he can bounce back from these injuries and go back to his former self.

Like Isaid....There's no downside to this signing. At the best he's a third WR. At the best he's a great kick off returner. No matter what..He pushes who we"ve got. And that makes us better.According to most of you we've needed an O-line and a QB,but we need first and foremost is a winning mindset. INstill it by having a dominant Oline, running the ball and winning games....the rest will follow...

I agree, I think Denver gave him a shot too put he washed out.

He is another WR on paper that should be very good.

But was never able to translate to the NFL.

Worst case he can be a special team gunner.

There is not a good track record of washed out WRs reviving their NFL career but you have to trry

:thumbsup:

Seems to be just a look-see signing. I'm happy they are looking; I hope it works out. I put it into the no-harm-no-foul category.

What he said! :bag:

another nix trip to the dollar store to pick up some essentials

Do you think every signing should be a high priced FA? If so then the Bills would take a huge cap hit when they cut down to 53 players. Guys like this are brought into TC's every year by a lot of teams.

I live in the Boston area, and I recall the knock on him was that he couldn't pick up the offense. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

He scored a 15 on the Wonderlic, according to this.

Some other scores from the Bills 2006 draft that are on that list;

Donte Whitner - 20

John McCargo - 18

Ashton Youboty - 21

Ko Simpson - 10

More importantly, no word on Roscoe yet? Have we had this obligatory "Roscoe will be a bigger part of the offense presse release or statement yet." I wonder if his role change.

Not officially but sure plenty on this board still cling to those hopes. As you and I know, none of his coaches have so far known how to best make use of him.

Congratulations you've just signed the worst pick of the Belichick Era in New England

That is absolutely correct, just confirms all of the posts on here that Buddy and Chan have turned this franchise around and are doing a spectacular job! That signing had to come from below the dumpster water didn't it?