Last Year, There Were 12 TVs in the Freaking Weight Room!!&#33

Did you see this article from the front page? http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/03/30/1004...-weightier.html

And here's another one: http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/201...m-overhaul.html

I STILL can't get over it!!

Reports differ over whether the 12 TVs were on the walls of the weight room or whether some were in the locker room, and I've also seen reports that five of the TVs were on the front panel of treadmills.

But I don't freaking care.

Televisions in the weight room of a pro team are SO WRONG!!

Thank God Alllare is gone, though it's hard to know how much was Allaire and how much was Jauron.

I've been saying for months that three years in a row of huge amounts of injuries isn't coincidence, that something was wrong with the S&C program. Here's the evidence!

EDIT: Sorry, I tried to delete this thread when I realized that I couldn't see the video linked in the "NO MORE CLUB MED" thread. If that video goes over the same ground, I'd suggest that you use that thread.

Agreed !! That just goes to show you what a real head coach is all about .Which we haven't had for the last 3 years. But it's no wonder the guys liked Jauron so much. Trivia Question ? How many teams have won a championship riding a exercise bike and watching Days of our Lives ??? And the answer is ---------- :thumbsup:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Which is all fine and dandy, but still doesn't answer the real question of what kind of work ethic existed in the weight room under Jauron and what will be in place under Gailey. Removing TVs is nice PR, but you have no idea what the new training regimen will be.

These guys are pros, and should take their job seriously. I think that a bigger issue is not that there are TVs in the room, but that guys may have been slacking in their exercise routines. That has nothing to do with TVs or any other electronic entertainment in the room.

what kind of training environment?

bringing in a trainer from the steroid & HGH infected heavy lifting world should give you a hint the Bills likely will be joining the rest of the NFL with their new performance enhanced drug program.

no longer will the players have to find their own drugs and screw up the dosages like Poz did resulting in brittle and broken bones.

go Bills!

Don't forget scalding hot pipes that can be used for wide-grip pull ups. Clubber Lang whipped Rocky with this training method and you could make a case that it had a hand in Mick's heart attack.

LOL! Good one, bro!

Ha ha ha ha ha! Now I have heard it all. Yeah TVs in the weight room was definitely the reason we have sucked balls for the last 10 seasons. Come on, you have to see this is a monumental reach even for Bills fans.

Do you really believe the players watching Oprah between sets is what caused their injuries?

The Good Ole Boys are old school and are changing things to what they grew up with. Nothing more, nothing less.

There will not be one less, or more, injury because of this.

Maybe that's why Marshawn didn't show up for voluntaries ... he didn't want to miss Oprah :ph34r:

Did you see this article from the front page? http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/03/30/1004...-weightier.html

And here's another one: http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/201...m-overhaul.html

I STILL can't get over it!!

Reports differ over whether the 12 TVs were on the walls of the weight room or whether some were in the locker room, and I've also seen reports that five of the TVs were on the front panel of treadmills.

But I don't freaking care.

Thank God Alllare is gone, though it's hard to know how much was Allaire and how much was Jauron.

I've been saying for months that three years in a row of huge amounts of injuries isn't coincidence, that something was wrong with the S&C program. Here's the evidence!

EDIT: Sorry, I tried to delete this thread when I realized that I couldn't see the video linked in the "NO MORE CLUB MED" thread. If that video goes over the same ground, I'd suggest that you use that thread.

No wonder they got called for 12 men on the field penalties...

I think the message sent by getting rid of the televisions is more impactful than the actual act of getting rid of the televisions.

Finally a clearheaded comment. Gailey's move was all about setting the proper businesslike mentality in there - this was about working on the players' brains, not their physiques.

Well said. Clearly it's the TVs in the weight room that explain why the Bills have sucked for the past decade. It has nothing to do with an inept front office, lousy talent, and an incompetent coaching staff. :thumbsup:

There are tvs in the gyms people go to because they are trying to get people to join to the gym. They don't care if the people get in shape, only that they are paying members. Going to the gym isn't part of these people's jobs. The tvs in the weight room at one bills drive is just symbolic of the inept organization. Taking the tvs out of the weight room is not a pr move. More likely it's one in which the people who are now in charge see as one of many steps to straighten out an attitude of losing that has permeated this team for years.