another jab ftom espn

Very well said actually. Anyone who lives in reality, has the right to be and should be skeptical after going through the past decade of disgust. You can only carry that blind faith for so long before you get tired of having it thrown back in your face. I am as big of a Bills fan as ever, but I reserve the right to let them actually show me that things are going to change before I buy into it for now. Tired of getting my hopes shot down, I am at the point with this ownership and franchise that if they ever do win again, I would rather wait and be pleasantly surprised than spend another decade being disappointed.

And that is exactly how I feel. I gave up my seasons the year of the Denver opener and the infamous Dallas Monday nighter. That season seriously deflated me and changed my view of how I feel about this team. Then comes the opener against NE. Everyone is saying (including me), take the points, the Bills are going to get killed! It was as if I had a "Bills Labotomy", I just felt indifferent about the team. They play an unbelievable game, I get sucked in by the 2nd quarter and I'm saying to myself, "MAYBE THIS IS IT!" But in true HOF Bills flameout fashion, they give the game away and I had to sit outside for 2 hours after the game to cool down and keep my heart palpatations at bay. Oh, and then there ws the rest of hte season.

I obviously bleed Red and Blue, but what BF just said really dawned on me, I would rather remain skeptical and be suprised than suffer at their expense.

Now excuse me, I need a hug from someone.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have watched the Bills since their first game and they have a very very proud tradition, from Cookie Gilchrist, Jack Kemp, Sestak years and AFL championships to the OJ years through the Kelly era. The last decade has been a nightmare because of foolish coaching assignments, poor personnel planning, and the responsibility for that rests at the top, with Mr. Wilson. I could be wrong, but I'm not seeing any indication that things are changing.

You are completely overstating things. It was frustrating but we are the definition of medicore. Hardly a laughing stock. But the national media is jsut sort of indifferent.

And Mort is a douche who loves TD's old man balls and is one of the worst at his job. He sucks and will bash on Buffalo any chance he gets. Just accept it and don't let it bother you.

I was waiting for the "Mort's a douche/TD" post. Shocked it took this long.

Way to not let it bother you....

Uhm, no. Take away the WNY transplants and the fan base is Claude Rains.

Western NY must be empty.. there are thousands of Bill's fans on the west coast. I see a Bills logo on something almost every day here in San Diego..

I heard this morning that 56% of Americans disapprove of the health care bill. I think that the question you might want to ask yourself is what matters more to you....the will of the people, or unconditional support for any and all leftist policies?

What are you going to do next? Call people names if they don't support amnesty for gang members (thanks McCain), and new taxes on "sugary soda," or global warming which doesn't exist?

Dude.. climate change.. it's 100% fact.. it's been happening for billions of years. Man made? Well we surely aren't helping...

Dude.. climate change.. it's 100% fact.. it's been happening for billions of years. Man made? Well we surely aren't helping...

just because it is hot in san diego doesnt mean the planet is warming "dude", if you believe the climate change non-sense, then i bet you want free health care next!

just because it is hot in san diego doesnt mean the planet is warming "dude", if you believe the climate change non-sense, then i bet you want free health care next!

Pick up a book my man. It won't hurt I promise.

you can find a bills backers bar, in any city in the US. i bet you can't find any other team, with that many fans nationwide. one reason why buffalo gets dumped on is because there aren't many people left in upstate new york. everyone moved but still loves and follows the bills.

i just finished tom sawyer, next on my list is al gore's book, but strangely, the library had it in the fiction dept!, curious...

Wow.. Tom Sawyer.. What are you 12?

I know this "science" stuff is confusing.. Maybe some pretty graphs will help? I know, science is based on facts which seem to escape the typical conservative watching Fox News.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Climate_...Attribution.png

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Ins...ture_Record.png

Oh but wait.. it's was still cold in Philly so it must be non-sense huh?

Wow.. Tom Sawyer.. What are you 12?

I know this "science" stuff is confusing.. Maybe some pretty graphs will help? I know, science is based on facts which seem to escape the typical conservative watching Fox News.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Climate_...Attribution.png

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Ins...ture_Record.png

Oh but wait.. it's was still cold in Philly so it must be non-sense huh?

i was joshing, you know kidding..about tom sawyer.. but you using wikipedia as your reference.. all i can say is .. i rest my case..

you can find a bills backers bar, in any city in the US. i bet you can't find any other team, with that many fans nationwide. one reason why buffalo gets dumped on is because there aren't many people left in upstate new york. everyone moved but still loves and follows the bills.

Bet you can. Steelers, Packers immediately come to mind.

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/steelersbars.shtml

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/50404492.html

i was joshing, you know kidding..about tom sawyer.. but you using wikipedia as your reference.. all i can say is .. i rest my case..

Oh brother.. I used wikipedia for the colorful graphs dipshit.. since you obviously can't read or do any research of your own.

Would you accept facts from the EPA or are they jaded also? Facts are facts.. Fact = proven truth. Who would you believe then?

For the record. There is no question the climate has been changing "naturally" for billions of years. Are you really this freaking stupid? No one has questioned the climate has changed. The question is are we adding to the climate change.

Good grief.. I hope you aren't reproducing.

i think the bills have a national fan base due to natives moving away,and they make up a large majority, but i still think the bills are more relevant than the bengals, bucs and a great many other teams. regardless of the past decade and an owner who has made many blunders, the bills are historic in a football sense. but if you use the MTV, TMZ, pop culture ideology as a reference point, perhaps they come up short.

Oh brother.. I used wikipedia for the colorful graphs dipshit.. since you obviously can't read or do any research of your own.

Would you accept facts from the EPA or are they jaded also? Facts are facts.. Fact = proven truth. Who would you believe then?

For the record. There is no question the climate has been changing "naturally" for billions of years. Are you really this freaking stupid? No one has questioned the climate has changed. The question is are we adding to the climate change.

Why are you being so nasty and smug? Does this make you feel like more of a "man?" Seriously, wtf is wrong with you?

yeppers! me and the mrs are fixin to drink some gin tonight, i may get frisky and we just might attempt the "nasty" ! yee ha!.. i think im going out back and shoot some squirrels now before supper!.. the mrs is frying me some catfish, with some fritters!.. mmmmmmm good!