Update

So is if what NGU says is true and Trent is the starter, how the hell do you have faith in this "new" regime? No matter what some think, QB is the most important position in the NFL and there is a good one out there in DM, but they value a 3rd over a legit QB who has a couple of good years left? Not only has Trent struggled throwing the ball, but his decision making is awful and he is just to injury prone.

There would be no Buddy Nix without Drew Brees and Phillip Rivers. Sounds like the same ol same ol to me.

maybe theyve decided that o-line is far more important atm, and that they take care of QB next year?

NGU: any word on the team's general opinion of Marshawn Lynch (both front office and locker room)? A lot of people indicate that his act is wearing thin at OBD, while others cite the need for a couple of talented backs. Would they move him if a substantial offer came about, or is that just too unlikely at a sell-low moment?

So is if what NGU says is true and Trent is the starter, how the hell do you have faith in this "new" regime? No matter what some think, QB is the most important position in the NFL and there is a good one out there in DM, but they value a 3rd over a legit QB who has a couple of good years left? Not only has Trent struggled throwing the ball, but his decision making is awful and he is just to injury prone.

There would be no Buddy Nix without Drew Brees and Phillip Rivers. Sounds like the same ol same ol to me.

Mcnabb will cost more than a 3rd. And personally, I have had it for trading high picks for QBs (Bledsoe, Johnson) then having them come here and suck it up because the rest of the team sucks. If QB is so important, beldsoe should have made us look golden. We can trade for mcnabb and still only win like 3 games.

Not to mention mcnabb said he doesn't want to come here. That means we throw away a high pick on a player that comes here for one year then he leaves. Why do you want to give up that much for a player to only have him play one year? This isn't like TO where we didn't give up draft picks.

IF mccnabb was willing to sign a 5 year extenstion, it would be different. But he said he doesn't want to come here. So the most we can make him play is one year. And yeahm it is a great idea to bring in a player that doesn't want to be here. He would play really hard and not be bitter at all :thumbsup:

maybe theyve decided that o-line is far more important atm, and that they take care of QB next year?

If DM can be had for a for a 3rd, he's a guarenteed solid QB for a couple of years. If the Bills draft an OL in the 3rd, he's a 50/50 "prospect". I'd go with the guarentee who could help make the Bills a winner much faster than a 3rd round OL. JMO

Mcnabb will cost more than a 3rd. And personally, I have had it for trading high picks for QBs (Bledsoe, Johnson) then having them come here and suck it up because the rest of the team sucks. If QB is so important, beldsoe should have made us look golden. We can trade for mcnabb and still only win like 3 games.

Not to mention mcnabb said he doesn't want to come here. That means we throw away a high pick on a player that comes here for one year then he leaves. Why do you want to give up that much for a player to only have him play one year? This isn't like TO where we didn't give up draft picks.

IF mccnabb was willing to sign a 5 year extenstion, it would be different. But he said he doesn't want to come here. So the most we can make him play is one year. And yeahm it is a great idea to bring in a player that doesn't want to be here. He would play really hard and not be bitter at all :thumbsup:

you are correct, the situation is much closer to the premium picks spent on Maybin, Losman, Whitner, McCargo, POZ, McGahee, etc who have never produced at the level expected and flamed out early.

not sure how wasting a pick on McNabb is going to doom this organizstion any worse than all of the butchered picks from previous years.

Because we would only get mcnabb for one year. Why would you spend a premium pick on a player for only one year?

Why not draft players like ngata, oher, cushing, etc that can keep your team going for years?

So basically we will have a QB for one year and we will be all looking for another QB next year. Then mccab, who gets injured EVERY season basically is going to end up on IR in week four because his blindside is being covered by a UFA.

If we can get mccabb for our 2nd round (seems like we can) AND he is willing to sign a 3 year+ contract (sources say no chance in hell), then I say go for it. But trading to get a player for only one year sounds like a bad version of the TO deal.

I would only trade a 3rd and a player for McNabb. I agree with you that we need our 1st and 2nd. Bledsoe and Johnson sucked. While Mcnabb doesn't rely on his legs as much, he still can move and is not even close to the statues that RJ and Bledsoe were.

I don't know if the Eagles are going to be in the position to demand more than a 3rd for DM. He's owed a 6.2 million dollar roster bonus before the draft and if they want Kolb, thats an awfully expense game of chicken.

Lastly, I have never heard anyone in sports say they didn't want to go or stay with a team just to wind up with a big contract with said team. It happens all of the time.

I don't know if the Eagles are going to be in the position to demand more than a 3rd for DM. He's owed a 6.2 million dollar roster bonus before the draft and if they want Kolb, thats an awfully expense game of chicken.

Yeah, I am not sure what team would be willing to do this. It really looks like mccnabb is done in philly though.

Yeah, I am not sure what team would be willing to do this. It really looks like mccnabb is done in philly though.

It sure looks that way, although Reid has always supported him. But it is a business, so it could happen. IMO, I think it's just chatter between teams. I can't see anyone giving up what the Eagles will want for him. And the last place he's going to want to go is the Bills, simply because of the state of our O-Line. He's too old to be getting his body slammed into the turf. It's doesn't make sense for Buffalo either, because he's not going to make this team a contender in one year.

I think the Jets win the division, New England right behind them, an the Fish much better. Sad but true....

If we can get mccabb for our 2nd round (seems like we can) AND he is willing to sign a 3 year+ contract (sources say no chance in hell), then I say go for it.

That's the only way it gets done. Unless we can go 3rd round plus an expendable vet like Parrish.

NGU: any word on the team's general opinion of Marshawn Lynch (both front office and locker room)? A lot of people indicate that his act is wearing thin at OBD, while others cite the need for a couple of talented backs. Would they move him if a substantial offer came about, or is that just too unlikely at a sell-low moment?

I think they would definitely move him if they can. If not, you will find out everything you need to know in OTA's. Clearly talented, but zero work ethic. He has been getting by soley on talent. If he comes to work and puts in the time you could still have a very good player. That was not happening when Jauron was running the show. I don't see him changing, but it would great if I was wrong. If they don't move him, I think this one will quickly come to a head with the new staff.

This goes back to why you don't want to feel like you are stuck drafting a need. It was no secret he was a risk, but they let the need trump everything else.

I could live with out without Clausen.

But I think the smart move would be to draft an OT since the class is so deep this year.

If they do go OT it would be two years in a row in the first round. That's how you build your team.

thanks for the info Never. :wallbash:

I could live with out without Clausen.

But I think the smart move would be to draft an OT since the class is so deep this year.

If they do go OT it would be two years in a row in the first round. That's how you build your team.

thanks for the info Never. :wallbash:

I must have missed last year's draft, but I don't see any NFL OTs on the Bills roster, from last year's draft or any other source./

I think they would definitely move him if they can. If not, you will find out everything you need to know in OTA's. Clearly talented, but zero work ethic. He has been getting by soley on talent. If he comes to work and puts in the time you could still have a very good player. That was not happening when Jauron was running the show. I don't see him changing, but it would great if I was wrong. If they don't move him, I think this one will quickly come to a head with the new staff.

This goes back to why you don't want to feel like you are stuck drafting a need. It was no secret he was a risk, but they let the need trump everything else.

Thanks much for answering. I've been a believer in his talent, but it sure sounds like he has some growing up to do. I remain hopeful that the right staff will be be able to help him do so, and that he'll take the initiative. He seems far too young to give up on and it'd be a shame if he forced the team to do so, but the clock would seem to be ticking.

Definitely still well liked and respected by the players. That won't be a problem. No one could have performed well under those circumstances last year. I know it will be painful for people, but it will be interesting to see if Gailey can do anything with him.

There will have to be another QB on the roster. I just don't have enough info to tell you if it will be a vet or a draft pick.

That was my impression as well. The guy who threw him under the bus is no longer on the team and, instead, is now working on his VH1 show and is currently unemployed as a football player.

That was my impression as well. The guy who threw him under the bus is no longer on the team and, instead, is now working on his VH1 show and is currently unemployed as a football player.

Trent will probably soon follow, sans VH-1 show.

All...

Don't have much, but I hate to leave everyone hanging.

It will not be Clausen at 9. Bradford is the only QB that they would take there and he will obviously be gone. I guess they could always take him later in the draft. There is interest in McNabb, but the new regime places such a high value on draft picks, it is not likely to happen. OT is still the leader in the club house for the pick.

I don't like to make predictions, I would rather give information. However since I have been asked, I think Trent is your likely starter next year. That is just based on some things I have heard and my knowledge of the situation. However as many have pointed out, it is way too early for any type of certainty.

UPDATED : RELIABILITY METER (#1 is best.......#12 is worst)

#1- nevergiveup

#2- kelly blue book

#3- farmers almanac

#4- nostradamus

#5- TMZ

#6- punxsutawney phil

#7- weatherman

#8- economist

#9- ESPN Insiders

#10- psychic

#11- momma pecoraro (added by matter2003)

#12- Thurman Thomas

yes and no, can't you just say what you mean?

There are many reasons for Terrell Owens' miserable season in Buffalo. His agent, Drew Rosenhaus, is happy to give them to you.

"It's incredibly frustrating and I think you can basically pin it to three things," Rosenhaus told Joe Rose on WQAM this week. "Number one, coaching. Number two, quarterback play. Trent Edwards has been a disappointment this year, then he got injured and they brought in a backup quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick. Neither guy has played well."

One Link

LOL...wasnt this thread supposed to be for Nevergiveup to post updates? Well its already on page 4 yet he has only posted 3 times in it...its just getting filled with gibberish. Seems we have a bounty of threads to post most of this gibberish, so maybe we should leave this one for direct questions to NGU and his responses...

ok, but saying that TO threw Trent Edwards, or any Bills players, under the bus, when it was his agent named Drew Rosenhaus, who's known for saying just about anything to get his clients a contract, is being disingenuous. I'd like to see quotes where the man himself said anything close to that.

IMO, TO didn't bring his best game to the Bills last season, but he was a model citizen, at least for TO...

I'm looking at this from an available players point of view, and taking McNabb with a 2nd this year would mean having to really stick to our needs for the other picks--LT, NT, DE, WR, OLB, ILB, RT.

The draft is deeper at WR and OLB, so I'll take the LT and DT early and the other positions next:

1 9 Buffalo Bryan Bulaga OT Iowa

2 ---------Trade For McNabb-----------------------------------------------------------

3 72 Buffalo Cam Thomas DT34 North Carolina

4 107 Buffalo Mike Neal DE34 Purdue

5 140 Buffalo Lindsey Witten OLB34 Connecticut

6 178 Buffalo Blair White WRF Michigan State

6 192 Buffalo Clifton Geathers DE34 South Carolina

7 209 Buffalo Kion Wilson ILB South Florida

7 216 Buffalo Tony Washington OT Abilene Christian

I love the Blair White pick at 178. The guy is really under rated. Very good vertical leap and descent speed. Hope he decides to play ball vs starting Dental School. The kid is super smart.

Thanks, friend. Whether Trent is the starter or not on opening day, is there a good chance of at least bringing in a new QB to compete with the other 3?

Gailey and Nix have both publicly stated that a 4th QB will be brought in to compete. They just don't know if it will be a FA, draft pick, or through a trade. I'm guessing that it will be a draft pick, most likely being Colt McCoy or Tim Tebow in the 2nd.