Social Security Will Pay Out More Than It Takes In This Year!

Thanks--and by the way, I was trying to cogitate on what is good inflation insurance.

Real estate. Buy a house, default on the mortgage, and let the government reduce your principal amount. Probably about the best inflation hedge going. :rolleyes:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll give you a hint, the difference in initial inflation assumption is minor compared to the actual costs incurred.

Which he probably found out AFTER making the ridiculous point - the real reason he doesn't care to do the math.

Note to RI: If you're actually going to try and engage using points instead of your usual drive-by flaming, you're going to get exposed for what you really are.

2006 :D

But i've only invested very sporadically, yet I can boast close to 70% return.

*Past performance may not necessarily reflect expected future returns*

So Bernie, looks like you got that internet line up and running in your cell.

Which he probably found out AFTER making the ridiculous point - the real reason he doesn't care to do the math.

Note to RI: If you're actually going to try and engage using points instead of your usual drive-by flaming, you're going to get exposed for what you really are.

HUH? I'm going to get exposed for what I really am?

DO-do DO-do DO-do DO-do... :D

You make no sense.

You wrote this:

What the hell were you referring to if you weren't referring to the SS money the government has been collecting?

Ya I know, DC Tom mentioned that the government borrows from it (Which I thought was no no) so I did some research and verified it. Sorry for the confusion.

Ya I know, DC Tom mentioned that the government borrows from it (Which I thought was no no) so I did some research and verified it. Sorry for the confusion.

See, this is called NOT being an idiot. This is good.

More of this, less of the other bull ****.