Social Security Will Pay Out More Than It Takes In This Year!

Yeah, Damm them for getting that inflation factor wrong. How could that possibly happen with inflation being such a huge problem from 1950 to 1970?

Mornin, dude! :blink:

So I would suspect that they and congress have the numbers wrong on the obamacare.

1 trillion? how'bout maybe 5 trillion. Shiiit my guess is probably closer to the real number then theirs.

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mornin, dude! :D

So I would suspect that they and congress have the numbers wrong on the obamacare.

1 trillion? how'bout maybe 5 trillion. Shiiit my guess is probably closer to the real number then theirs.

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rainy & Gray but Morning none the less... :rolleyes:

Yeah they prolly do have the numbers wrong. But if you factor in inflation their numbers are prolly pretty close to your numbers.

We'll just have to wait and see. :D

Rainy & Gray but Morning none the less... :rolleyes:

Yeah they prolly do have the numbers wrong. But if you factor in inflation their numbers are prolly pretty close to your numbers.

We'll just have to wait and see. :D

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/n...f-cost-overruns

Why do we need to wait and see when throughout their entire history they've been pretty wrong on estimating just about everything? Why do we need to keep giving them the benefit of the doubt when they've gotten a track record of proven incompetence?

That's like saying we should wait and see, maybe Conner's next post will be smart.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/n...f-cost-overruns

Why do we need to wait and see when throughout their entire history they've been pretty wrong on estimating just about everything? Why do we need to keep giving them the benefit of the doubt when they've gotten a track record of proven incompetence?

That's like saying we should wait and see, maybe Conner's next post will be smart.

Reading comprehension is not your strong suite is it?

Yeah, Damm them for getting that inflation factor wrong. How could that possibly happen with inflation being such a huge problem from 1950 to 1970?

And how exactly would inflation play a role in the projected vs actual?

Even if you index it to inflation they were still off by more than 300%

And how exactly would inflation play a role in the projected vs actual?

Even if you index it to inflation they were still off by more than 300%

All I'm saying is compare apples to apples, not apples to zebras.

And that we won't know who's right for a few years.

Does it matter? This sounds like Mr. WEO's claim that the 2006 NFL CBA wasn't a bad deal for the owners when they signed it, but became one when "the situation changed." The central point being they GOT IT WRONG. What other factors haven't the CBO considered in this bill?

Stupid Barry. I saw him talking to Iowans about how people predicted "armageddon" when the bill was passed and how the day instead turned out to be nice. Shows you the lack of insight and/or level of ignorance these fools possess. :rolleyes:

OK, compare it apples to apples - do an inflation adjusted comparison and see how close to $16 billion that actual number came out to.

ps - inflation cust both ways, since you get more tax revenues in inflation

Does it matter? This sounds like Mr. WEO's claim that the 2006 NFL CBA wasn't a bad deal for the owners when they signed it, but became one when "the situation changed." The central point being they GOT IT WRONG. What other factors haven't the CBO considered in this bill?

Stupid Barry. I saw him talking to Iowans about how people predicted "armageddon" when the bill was passed and how the day instead turned out to be nice. Shows you the lack of insight and/or level of ignorance these fools possess. :rolleyes:

Shows me you need to look up hyperbole on dictionary.com

But that's just me...

Gold Star for Darrin. He caught a typo. :rolleyes:

Adding an 'e' at the end of suit is NOT a typo jacka$$, it's a mistake. Got to love you liberals, when you make a mistake, blame the other guy or the keyboard. Typical Saul Alinsky tactics.

Does it take effort to be this stupid, or is it a natural talent of yours?

You don't have the slightest clue as to what you're trying to compare. You throw out words like inflation, but yet are incapable of understanding anything close to the concept of inflation and what if anything it has to do with the worthless point you're failing to make.

The fact that you keep claiming that only time will tell who is right just shows how little you understand anything that's going on here. If you weren't half the moron you are, you'd be able to look at the numbers, look at the budgets, and understand that the projected costs put out by the gov't for this HC bill and any other bill that's proposed are never correct and never will be, regardless of what side is championing the bill.

Let's wait and see though, maybe you'll come up with something intelligent to say.

OK, compare it apples to apples - do an inflation adjusted comparison and see how close to $16 billion that actual number came out to.

ps - inflation cust both ways, since you get more tax revenues in inflation

And that makes a practical difference, how? (i.e. if I collected 50 million in tax revenue in 1967, and that 50 million bought 50 M-1 Tanks, and I collected 50 Billion in 2007 and that bought 25 M-1 Tanks, how am I better off?)

Adding an 'e' at the end of suit is NOT a typo jacka$$, it's a mistake. Got to love you liberals, when you make a mistake, blame the other guy or the keyboard. Typical Saul Alinsky tactics.

You don't have the slightest clue as to what you're trying to compare. You throw out words like inflation, but yet are incapable of understanding anything close to the concept of inflation and what if anything it has to do with the worthless point you're failing to make.

The fact that you keep claiming that only time will tell who is right just shows how little you understand anything that's going on here. If you weren't half the moron you are, you'd be able to look at the numbers, look at the budgets, and understand that the projected costs put out by the gov't for this HC bill and any other bill that's proposed are never correct and never will be, regardless of what side is championing the bill.

Let's wait and see though, maybe you'll come up with something intelligent to say.

My Butt + Your Lips = a match made in heaven.

Don't make Squid boy pull rank on you or he'll post his rank in the navy and wipe out all your arguments. He was a professional deck swabber. He knows his stuff! :rolleyes:

Shouldn't Obama have got the US government financial house in order BEFORE adding new entitlement programs?

It's great that this is the first thing I read this morning. If I didn't just get out of the bathroom, I'd have pissed myself laughing.

Obama. Financial house in order.

That's gold, man. :rolleyes::D :D

On a related note:

March 26 (Bloomberg) -- Former Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan said the recent rise in Treasury yields represents a “canary in the mine” that reflects investor concern over the U.S. budget deficit. He spoke today in an interview on Bloomberg Television.

Now I don't know if this is an immediate harbinger of things to come, but over the last few days, treasury auctions have been pretty damn weak, of course sovereign debt issues with Greece and now most recently Portugals bonds rating downgrade are certainly playing into investors minds, but the fact that the Chinese have reduced holdings for three straight months, the tough rhetoric thats coming out of their homeland and the admission of the worlds largest bondholder in the world (Bill Gross) telling investors to stay away from certain US bonds, we could end up seeing rates rise higher than monetary policy makers would like to see, knowing that rising rates in this sort of environment would be very bad for our economic recovery.

Then what? I suppose the Federal reserve would have to consider expanding their balance sheet further and buy even more treasuries. Afterall, there is a tremendous amount of debt that is to be offered this year and thereafter for quite some time, someone is going to have to buy it. Which of course has inflationary implications.

The point being, what many people don't understand is the threat that we are facing regarding our debt. Yes we all know, Bush was NOT fiscally responsible, but that still doesn't exclude the fact that we are signficantly closer to facing a REAL DEBT CRISIS. The fact that Bill Gross, who has no agenda other than to make money for his investors is telling us that this health bill will put the US in deficit by more than half a trillion dollars in the first decade alone speaks volume, and when you couple that with warnings from GROSS, BUFFETT, ROUBINI and GREENSPAN regarding losing our AAA rating, I think it may not be a bad idea to start addressing this issue.