Would you give up a 1st for Kevin Kolb?

76 members have voted

1. 1. Would you give up a 1st for Kevin Kolb?

• Absolutely! I'd trade this years in a heartbeat!
    • Yes, but only next years 1st
    • No, but i'd give a 2nd
    • No, I don't want him

With Reid saying that he's "entertaining offers" on all of their QB's, I was wondering what you guys would think of a 1st for Kolb?

Of course, this is kinda hypothetical because even though Reid said he's listening to all offers for all of their guys, I don't think anyone really expects the Eagles to trade their future away. However, you never know. Maybe Andy really does have a hard-on for Donovan and with the right offer, he'd get rid of the guy that's essentially forcing the McNabb trade talks? Maybe a top ten pick in a draft that's a month away would be too tempting to pass up? Such picks are almost never traded for players.

And on the other side of the coin, he's looked damn good when called upon; but has he really proven he'd be worth such a trade?

With Reid saying that he's "entertaining offers" on all of their QB's, I was wondering what you guys would think of a 1st for Kolb?

Of course, this is kinda hypothetical because even though Reid said he's listening to all offers for all of their guys, I don't think anyone really expects the Eagles to trade their future away. However, you never know. Maybe Andy really does have a hard-on for Donovan and with the right offer, he'd get rid of the guy that's essentially forcing the McNabb trade talks? Maybe a top ten pick in a draft that's a month away would be too tempting to pass up? Such picks are almost never traded for players.

And on the other side of the coin, he's looked damn good when called upon; but has he really proven he'd be worth such a trade?

Rob Johnson looked awesome the one game he played for Jax the year before the Bills gave up a 1st rounder for him. If the Bills are going to give up a 1st round pick, especially a Top 10 pick, it had better be for a proven veteran with at least 5 productive years left that can be an immediate positive difference maker. Besides, if the Eagles would be willing to deal Kolb for a first rounder, doesn't that imply that they would rather take a chance on an unproven player instead of the guy they have been grooming the past three years to replace McNabb? Teams don't trade their QB of the future if they really believe he is their QB of the future (unless said QBoF is a head case like Jay Cutler). :ph34r:

Rob Johnson looked awesome the one game he played for Jax the year before the Bills gave up a 1st rounder for him. If the Bills are going to give up a 1st round pick, especially a Top 10 pick, it had better be for a proven veteran with at least 5 productive years left that can be an immediate positive difference maker. Besides, if the Eagles would be willing to deal Kolb for a first rounder, doesn't that imply that they would rather take a chance on an unproven player instead of the guy they have been grooming the past three years to replace McNabb? Teams don't trade their QB of the future if they really believe he is their QB of the future (unless said QBoF is a head case like Jay Cutler). :ph34r:

Like I said, I don't really think they would trade him. But they did say they were listening to offers for all 3 of their QB's.

Rob Johnson looked awesome the one game he played for Jax the year before the Bills gave up a 1st rounder for him. If the Bills are going to give up a 1st round pick, especially a Top 10 pick, it had better be for a proven veteran with at least 5 productive years left that can be an immediate positive difference maker. Besides, if the Eagles would be willing to deal Kolb for a first rounder, doesn't that imply that they would rather take a chance on an unproven player instead of the guy they have been grooming the past three years to replace McNabb? Teams don't trade their QB of the future if they really believe he is their QB of the future (unless said QBoF is a head case like Jay Cutler). :(
Good Call :ph34r:

.......and miss out possibly on another Maybin? I hope they don't trade the #9 pick...gee I would'nt want to overpay for another unproven rookie hold out again over a possible franchise much needed QB in Kolb....

Sense my sarcasm?

This guy looked terrible, really terrible before the couple games last year. In fact, he had no TD's and a bunch of INTs. Given he was so raw and inexperienced I wont conclude he is still terrible. However, even when he looked better this past year he still didnt look great to me.

So, for me, he has the potential and has shown he is improving and must be showing the Coaches something in practice too for them to be considering parting with McNabb because this team is good enough to be a SB conteder with McNabb still. But, given his 4 TD's to 7 INT's and inconsistency on the field I would not be comfortable giving up the #9 pick this year for him given our glaring need at LT.

I just think he hasnt shown enough yet to warrant a first round pick period. More importantly though, I really feel Brohm has a lot of potential too and he isnt cositing us anything. So if we are going to take a chance on an unproven guy with potential, why not go with the guy on our roster first who costs us nothing before we give up a first round or even a 2nd round pick for another. Not to mention, Kolb has spent more time looking bad than looking good.