Any opinions on remaining Free Agents

If you look at were we ended last season and were we stand now it does not appear we are making much ground filling holes.

We picked up a veteran RT to fill the void left by Butler. We let Incognito go so now we lack veteran depth in the middle of the OL.

We let Owens and Reed go so we lack WR experience (and maybe talent). Hardy and Johnson are still unknowns.

We did not (or could not) address LT, making it a draft priority.

Changing to a 3-4 created a huge need at NT and that hole is still there going into the draft, another prioirity.

We added solid veteran help at ILB and DE with Davis and Edwards. Very good pick ups to have made, both with 3-4 experience.

Schobel will most likely be leaving, not sure if he fits into the 3-4 anyway.

QB of the future is still unknown. Gailey appears to want to give Trent a thorough look. We will probabaly draft a QB somewhere in the first 4 rounds.

I understand the uncapped year and not a great crop of Free Agents this year. All the good NTs were taken off the board early.

I sure hope we can swing a deal for a few more players or possibly add more picks in the first three rounds.

I think we should be alright on D with a good draft...offense though...we are going to just get what we can get in the draft for a tackle or two...and smash the ball...nothing spectacular, but we'll be better than we were last year...maybe 9-7 10-6...we'll definitely see what these QB's are made of...I think they will all get a thorough look and we can better address the situation next year because we'll have the Line in front of them...our interior is good and hopefully we hit on at least one tackle...D Bell could probably play RT...if not I know Meredith can...so we only need to hit once and we'll have an OK RT, and OK C, and a couple good Guards and a good LT...if we still take 50 sacks...it's lack of pocket pressence hands down...so at least we can have a good evaluation there...I think we'll be fine...we wont be jokes like we have been....and that's always good

If you look at were we ended last season and were we stand now it does not appear we are making much ground filling holes.

We picked up a veteran RT to fill the void left by Butler. We let Incognito go so now we lack veteran depth in the middle of the OL.

We let Owens and Reed go so we lack WR experience (and maybe talent). Hardy and Johnson are still unknowns.

We did not (or could not) address LT, making it a draft priority.

Changing to a 3-4 created a huge need at NT and that hole is still there going into the draft, another prioirity.

We added solid veteran help at ILB and DE with Davis and Edwards. Very good pick ups to have made, both with 3-4 experience.

Schobel will most likely be leaving, not sure if he fits into the 3-4 anyway.

QB of the future is still unknown. Gailey appears to want to give Trent a thorough look. We will probabaly draft a QB somewhere in the first 4 rounds.

I understand the uncapped year and not a great crop of Free Agents this year. All the good NTs were taken off the board early.

I sure hope we can swing a deal for a few more players or possibly add more picks in the first three rounds.

The guy in the second post had great points , just to add to what he said i have a feeling that Nix and Gailey are checking out a lot of people as draft possibilities and will get quite a few guys as undrafted free agents after the draft so they can make there money go farther. Plus if they don't like there production in ota's and training camp they can release them and they're not out any thing. Plus after the draft they will know more of what holes are left to fill and can not only look at left over FA but UDFA . Nix & Gailey sly like a fox !! :lol:

Two free agents I think would help the Bills and could be had.

1- Akin Ayodle- Played in a 3-4 in both Miami and Dallas also can play OLB in a 4-3 (a lot of 3-4 teams mix in 4-3) and MLB and some OLB in a 3-4. Great depth addition even with Davis we still need Linebackers.

2- Laveranues Coles - We need a vet WR guy is coming off a down year but may still have a year or 2 in the tank.

If we can fill a hole on offense and add depth to our front 7 before the draft starts I say its a decent job in free agency.

And If we can draft a LT in round 1, a NT in round 2, and a RT in round 3 plus add in a vet QB down the line I say we had a good off-season.

1- Akin Ayodle- Played in a 3-4 in both Miami and Dallas also can play OLB in a 4-3 (a lot of 3-4 teams mix in 4-3) and MLB and some OLB in a 3-4. Great depth addition even with Davis we still need Linebackers.

2- Laveranues Coles - We need a vet WR guy is coming off a down year but may still have a year or 2 in the tank.

If we can fill a hole on offense and add depth to our front 7 before the draft starts I say its a decent job in free agency.

And If we can draft a LT in round 1, a NT in round 2, and a RT in round 3 plus add in a vet QB down the line I say we had a good off-season.

Eh, Coles isn't any better than Josh Reed at this point in his career. I think they would have just kept him if they intended on going that direction.

Just a few FAs still out on the market that I like.

WR

-----------------

Kevin Curtis

Laverneus Coles

Torry Holt

Bobby Wade

Devard Darling

Kelley Washington (strictly for special teams)

David Tyree (strictly for special teams)

TE

-----------

Randy McMichael

David Martin

LJ Smith

FB

------------

Justin Griffith (would LOVE to see this...if the Bills are going to go to a power running game, lets get this big thumper)

OT

-------------

Levi Jones

Orlando Pace

OG

--------------

Chester Pitts

Bobbie Williams

Shawn Andrews

Randy Thomas

Keydrick Vincent

Kendall Simmons

Ben Hamilton

C

--------------

Kevin Mawae (...I guess...I'd rather see us get a backup center via the Draft)

DT

---------------

Damoine Lewis (a little too light for the 3-4, would be a better DE)

Gerard Warren (think this might be our best stop-gap option)

Kendrick Clancy

William Joseph

OLB

-----------------

Greg Ellis (could also fit at DE)

Antonio Pierce (can also play ILB)

As you can see, there is actually a decent amount of depth at the Guard position...we know the Bills were interested in upgrading their interior O-Line since they brought in Wade Smith so I think they will take a stab at one of those guys. Also not bad TE depth, something I'd like the Bills to address. Maybe bring in a vet to teach Nelson.

Also, keep an eye on Greg Ellis. Chan Gailey actually drafted him and he's definitely up there in the age department but he could provide excellent depth and leadership.

Thanks.

Coles is interesting. He could help us. Smart player.

Just a few FAs still out on the market that I like.

WR

-----------------

Kevin Curtis

Laverneus Coles

Torry Holt

Bobby Wade

Devard Darling

Kelley Washington (strictly for special teams)

David Tyree (strictly for special teams)

TE

-----------

Randy McMichael

David Martin

LJ Smith

FB

------------

Justin Griffith (would LOVE to see this...if the Bills are going to go to a power running game, lets get this big thumper)

OT

-------------

Levi Jones

Orlando Pace

OG

--------------

Chester Pitts

Bobbie Williams

Shawn Andrews

Randy Thomas

Keydrick Vincent

Kendall Simmons

Ben Hamilton

C

--------------

Kevin Mawae (...I guess...I'd rather see us get a backup center via the Draft)

DT

---------------

Damoine Lewis (a little too light for the 3-4, would be a better DE)

Gerard Warren (think this might be our best stop-gap option)

Kendrick Clancy

William Joseph

OLB

-----------------

Greg Ellis (could also fit at DE)

Antonio Pierce (can also play ILB)

As you can see, there is actually a decent amount of depth at the Guard position...we know the Bills were interested in upgrading their interior O-Line since they brought in Wade Smith so I think they will take a stab at one of those guys. Also not bad TE depth, something I'd like the Bills to address. Maybe bring in a vet to teach Nelson.

Also, keep an eye on Greg Ellis. Chan Gailey actually drafted him and he's definitely up there in the age department but he could provide excellent depth and leadership.

Good list. It sure looks like we need to draft LT and NT very early in this draft.

A blocking TE and a better FB will help. Especially in the AFC East.

Have to add a veteran wideout before camp; Coles or Kevin Curtis, or somebody.

Maybe if they'll come cheap and if they'll have to earn their roster spots. I'd hate to go another year not knowing what Hardy or Johnson can do because Gailey/Nix don't want to have an expensive veteran riding the bench.

Good list. It sure looks like we need to draft LT and NT very early in this draft.

A blocking TE and a better FB will help. Especially in the AFC East.

For the rest of free agency, I would be happy if the Bills brought in a Guard, a NT and a WR. The WR might come after the Draft though, the Bills might want to see how it falls in the mid rounds before they pull the trigger on a vet.

I would be VERY happy if they also managed to add an OLB to the mix, but the selection there is pretty craptacular.

Personally, I would like to see the Bills bring in a few more guys:

An interior lineman for depth and experience, either G or C.

Possibly a WR, but as BGIOP points out, that might come after the draft.

A DT stop-gap to compete with Kyle Williams and draft pick for starting position.

Also, I never thought of this before, but I do like the idea of a good blocking FB if we can get one.

Just my two cents.

For the rest of free agency, I would be happy if the Bills brought in a Guard, a NT and a WR. The WR might come after the Draft though, the Bills might want to see how it falls in the mid rounds before they pull the trigger on a vet.

I would be VERY happy if they also managed to add an OLB to the mix, but the selection there is pretty craptacular.

what about Keith Bullock at OLB?