Colt McCoy visiting

It’s been a torturous couple of months for Texas quarterback Colt McCoy. After leaving the National Championship Game in the first quarter with a pinched nerve in his throwing shoulder, McCoy has yet to perform in front of scouts. He’s expected to perform for the first time this offseason at Texas’ Pro Day on March 31st. And shortly after that, he will take the next step in finding employment in the National Football League.

Scout.com has learned that McCoy will travel to Buffalo for a two-day visit with the Bills front office on April 11th and 12th, and then hop on a plane and travel to St. Louis to meet with the Rams brass on April 13th and 14th. The Bills and Rams desperately need to upgrade their quarterback situation, and it appears that the draft is their best option to find a franchise signal caller.

The Rams may draft Oklahoma’s Sam Bradford with the No. 1 overall pick, but there’s also a chance that they will pass on Bradford in favor of Nebraska DT Ndamukong Suh. If the Rams decide to select Suh with the top selection, they could use the 33rd overall pick (the first pick in the second round) to select McCoy. The Bills are likely to select an offensive tackle in the first round, possibly Iowa’s Bryan Bulaga, Oklahoma’s Trent Williams or Maryland’s Bruce Campbell. But, the Bills could use the 41st selection in the second frame on the 6-foot-1, 216-pound McCoy.

A four-year starter at Texas, McCoy was one of college football’s most accurate and productive performers during his time with the Longhorns. He finished his career completing 70-percent of his passes for 13,253 yards, 112 touchdowns and 45 interceptions. Where McCoy ultimately lands in the draft will be determined by his health and Pro Day performance on March 31st. There are many questions surrounding McCoy; everything from his attributes to his throwing mechanics. But, there’s

http://profootball.scout.com/2/954245.html

It’s been a torturous couple of months for Texas quarterback Colt McCoy. After leaving the National Championship Game in the first quarter with a pinched nerve in his throwing shoulder, McCoy has yet to perform in front of scouts. He’s expected to perform for the first time this offseason at Texas’ Pro Day on March 31st. And shortly after that, he will take the next step in finding employment in the National Football League.

Scout.com has learned that McCoy will travel to Buffalo for a two-day visit with the Bills front office on April 11th and 12th, and then hop on a plane and travel to St. Louis to meet with the Rams brass on April 13th and 14th. The Bills and Rams desperately need to upgrade their quarterback situation, and it appears that the draft is their best option to find a franchise signal caller.

The Rams may draft Oklahoma’s Sam Bradford with the No. 1 overall pick, but there’s also a chance that they will pass on Bradford in favor of Nebraska DT Ndamukong Suh. If the Rams decide to select Suh with the top selection, they could use the 33rd overall pick (the first pick in the second round) to select McCoy. The Bills are likely to select an offensive tackle in the first round, possibly Iowa’s Bryan Bulaga, Oklahoma’s Trent Williams or Maryland’s Bruce Campbell. But, the Bills could use the 41st selection in the second frame on the 6-foot-1, 216-pound McCoy.

A four-year starter at Texas, McCoy was one of college football’s most accurate and productive performers during his time with the Longhorns. He finished his career completing 70-percent of his passes for 13,253 yards, 112 touchdowns and 45 interceptions. Where McCoy ultimately lands in the draft will be determined by his health and Pro Day performance on March 31st. There are many questions surrounding McCoy; everything from his attributes to his throwing mechanics. But, there’s

http://profootball.scout.com/2/954245.html

Makes sense.....in the second round or lower. Interest in McCoy seems to have fallen off so his agent is making the rounds.

I really do think the Bills are targeting a QB in the 2nd round. I think their first choice is Tebow, but with the possibility of Cleveland taking him in the 2nd a few picks above them, they are exploring their options.

Look at what nix said about the players he targets, then look at Tebow and McCoy's records from pee wee all the way through college. I still say McCoy is the pick if Tebow isn't there.

Look at what nix said about the players he targets, then look at Tebow and McCoy's records from pee wee all the way through college. I still say McCoy is the pick if Tebow isn't there.

Did you see the interview with McCoy after the Bama game? He seems like a great kid. I would like to see McCoy AND some Bama players on the Bills. :wallbash:

Even if the first pick was a LT who came in and played well? You guys make it out like we need 5 new lineman. I think if we hit on a solid LT we will be pretty good. Sure, RT may be a stopgap for now, but you never know someone like Merideth could surprise and take the position and do a good job.

I give you... THE PEOPLE'S HAT TRICK:

Rolando "Mickey Spillane" McClain (que the Harlem Nocturne)

Terrence "Buffalo Bill" Cody

Colt "Brennan" McCoy

Pass on a LB I don't care if we KNEW he was the 2nd coming of LT. We need a LEFT TACKLE. See my projected draft, that would be much better for this team

I really do think the Bills are targeting a QB in the 2nd round. I think their first choice is Tebow, but with the possibility of Cleveland taking him in the 2nd a few picks above them, they are exploring their options.

I sure hope not! I would take McCoy waaaay before taking Tebow. I like this kids character and his performance speaks for itself.

Pass on a LB I don't care if we KNEW he was the 2nd coming of LT. We need a LEFT TACKLE. See my projected draft, that would be much better for this team

I believe you have made your stance with striking clarity, however, in effort to open this up to the forum:

Riddle me this ICEMAN... with regard to the age old "best player available" vs. "position of need" debate would you:

A. Draft a LT that had a 50/50 shot of being Mike Williams and a 50/50 shot of being Jonathan Ogden

OR

B. Draft a LB that that had a 100% shot of being Lawrence Taylor

I give you... THE PEOPLE'S HAT TRICK:

Rolando "Mickey Spillane" McClain (que the Harlem Nocturne)

Terrence "Buffalo Bill" Cody

Colt "Brennan" McCoy

It looks like this may happen if there is a run on OL very early in the first round.

If the Bills think McClain is Ray Lewis part 2 they might pull the trigger.

Cody will be there in the second. Think he would fit well there.

But we still need an OT. We may have to trade back into the first round if they love McClain that much to get an OT.

I believe you have made your stance with striking clarity, however, in effort to open this up to the forum:

Riddle me this ICEMAN... with regard to the age old "best player available" vs. "position of need" debate would you:

A. Draft a LT that had a 50/50 shot of being Mike Williams and a 50/50 shot of being Jonathan Ogden

OR

B. Draft a LB that that had a 100% shot of being Lawrence Taylor

But come on, not even LT had 100% chance of being LT. Brian Bozworth was supposed to be one of the best linebackers to ever come out of college... and instead was a $10+ million dollar 2 year bust

I sure hope not! I would take McCoy waaaay before taking Tebow. I like this kids character and his performance speaks for itself.

Agreed. McCoy doesn't have to learn how to throw all over again. Hey board, I'm not sure but do you know of anyone

who has ever "changed" their mechanics and worked out at the next level?

But come on, not even LT had 100% chance of being LT. Brian Bozworth was supposed to be one of the best linebackers to ever come out of college... and instead was a $10+ million dollar 2 year bust

I concur 20 year o' fanhood. I was throwing it out as a hypothetical, so we had a basis to argue our competing theories. I, in no way, believe McClain is a 100% can't miss prospect just like THE BOZ was not.