Remember the Jetsons?

WWVaBeach

Only $100,000

I found the video to be a little disappointing, but thought some of you might want to go buy one anyway.

The one thing I always wondered about the Jetsons is why was everyone's house on poles? What did the Earth look like at ground level? Was it just a forest of metal poles? Was the ground covered with garbage or water from the melted poles? Did they ever show life at ground level on The Jetsons?

PTR

With a range of 31 miles and a maximum speed of 63 miles per hour, you'll be able to jaunt to the store at will, or to the gas station for a fill-up. That's right, Martin's jetpack uses ordinary gasoline, not jet or rocket fuel.

Great, I'll be waiting for a someone to pull out of a parking spot and some !@#$ will just drop out of the sky and take it.

The one thing I always wondered about the Jetsons is why was everyone's house on poles? What did the Earth look like at ground level? Was it just a forest of metal poles? Was the ground covered with garbage or water from the melted poles? Did they ever show life at ground level on The Jetsons?

PTR

I don't ever remember them actually showing what it looked like at ground level, but I do have a vague memory of them showing that the houses were built in the air due to air pollution. I think they showed the houses rising up above a black cloud of pollution or something like that.