Wonderlic scores for the 2010 QB Prospects

All it really means is Tebow doesnt have the vocabulary and understanding of geometry/algebra that Fitzpatric has. Thats all those tests really are, with some riddles mixed it. I have had to take the Wonderlic before thats all it is. If your major was math or science based you will do well on it, you will do worse if you studied history. One could be naturaly smart and not do well if they never learned the math on it.

I doubt the Wonderlic is used any different than 40-times; it confirms what you see on the field.

But having said that, when I took the 15 question sample that has been circulating around the internets for years, I was able to answer more than half the questions in less than 2 minutes; as I understand it, they get a half hour to answer 50 questions. In other words (presuming the sample questions are representative of the actual test), I could have beaten Tebow's, Claussens, and McCoy's scores and still had over 20 minutes to pick wax out of my ears. I can't understand anyone getting less than 15 on this test unless they just fill out the circles on the answer sheet in the pattern of a 3 wide spread-option facing a dime with a corner blitz.

If we're talking about an underprivileged or inner-city kid who went to college solely to play football and couldn't care less about his studies, I agree the Wonderlic score is essentially worthless.

If we're talking about a kid from a middle or upper class family who earned a 4-year degree, a score like that is embarrassing.

I doubt the Wonderlic is used any different than 40-times; it confirms what you see on the field.

But having said that, when I took the 15 question sample that has been circulating around the internets for years, I was able to answer more than half the questions in less than 2 minutes; as I understand it, they get a half hour to answer 50 questions. In other words (presuming the sample questions are representative of the actual test), I could have beaten Tebow's, Claussens, and McCoy's scores and still had over 20 minutes to pick wax out of my ears. I can't understand anyone getting less than 15 on this test unless they just fill out the circles on the answer sheet in the pattern of a 3 wide spread-option facing a dime with a corner blitz.

:rolleyes:

In an interview with Chris brown at the combine Nix said he really doesn't care about those tests. They have nothing to do with 'football smarts'.

For a player as well known as Tebow, who will be interviewed and researched to death, the Wonderlic is meaningless. It MAY have SOME value for later round players who the scouts and coaches have not been able to thoroughly vet.

I think the average NFL QB score is 24. And QBs are traditionally the highest scoring group of players. The Wonderlic certainly doesn't tell you everything about a player. But a college grad scoring only a 22 does make one do a double take.

Atleast he didn't pull a Vince Young on the Wonderlic. :rolleyes:

Atleast he didn't pull a Vince Young on the Wonderlic. :doh:

And that was the first person of whom I thought when I saw this thread title. Half the NFL gave him up for dead last year, but he turned out pretty damn good this past year, didn't he?

By the way, how did Kelly do on the Wonderlic? Not a loaded question - just wondering if anyone knows.

By the way #2 - Good to see you again, Dean. It must be off-season!

All it really means is Tebow doesnt have the vocabulary and understanding of geometry/algebra that Fitzpatric has. Thats all those tests really are, with some riddles mixed it. I have had to take the Wonderlic before thats all it is. If your major was math or science based you will do well on it, you will do worse if you studied history. One could be naturaly smart and not do well if they never learned the math on it.

One went to Florida and one went to Harvard, simple. All Tebow does is win, he may not at this level but don't bet against him.