Torry Holt

If we can get Torry Holt for a good price why wouldnt we at least take a look at him. No one really wants him so its realistic to think we can get him for a good price. I know he is old and not as fast as he was but he has proved he can get open and would be a great leader on this team not only being a vetern but maybe he would be a great teacher for Stevie Johnson and James Hardy. If he shares his knowledge of the game and work habits with Hardy and Johnson, and they still cant produce we will know that we need to look elsewhere.

A 1 yr 8-9 million dollar deal for his help on and off the field would benefit everyone. IMO

Thoughts?

If we can get Torry Holt for a good price why wouldnt we at least take a look at him. No one really wants him so its realistic to think we can get him for a good price. I know he is old and not as fast as he was but he has proved he can get open and would be a great leader on this team not only being a vetern but maybe he would be a great teacher for Stevie Johnson and James Hardy. If he shares his knowledge of the game and work habits with Hardy and Johnson, and they still cant produce we will know that we need to look elsewhere.

A 1 yr 8-9 million dollar deal for his help on and off the field would benefit everyone. IMO

Thoughts?

You want to pay him 3 million more than we paid T.O. last year to be a high profile WR coach?

Thoughts?

Who is this stevie johnson you speak of?

Why do most here think veteran players are mentors or teachers? They just want to play and get paid.

Good point. Wasn't TO supposed to be a mentor to our "young WRs" when the Bills signed him? Remember reading that somewhere.....

Thoughts?

$8-9M?? - try $3-4M

Why do most here think veteran players are mentors or teachers? They just want to play and get paid.

Agreed on all accounts. I'm all for a veteran presence on the team so long as they can play up to the level of their contract. I don't think Holt can play anywhere near that contract anymore. If he wants to coach, hire him as a WR coach.

Even if he came cheap I don't think I'd bother. At this point in his career he's basically a slower smaller less physical version of what we already have in Lee Evans. If we're going to bring in a vet I'd want someone with some physicality who can go across the middle.

Because Torry Holt is a consummate pro. Mike Sims-Walker said on Sirius that Holt taught everything about how to be a good pro and Sims-Walker did well in his 1 year with Holt. You can never have enough players like Holt and he's younger than TO, so why not? We don't need a burner. We need slants and outs and Holt can do that.

Even if he came cheap I don't think I'd bother. At this point in his career he's basically a slower smaller less physical version of what we already have in Lee Evans. If we're going to bring in a vet I'd want someone with some physicality who can go across the middle.

Hardy and Johnson give you physicality.

is that so? Wake up and smell the coffee. This team is talent deficient

That's why our cast-offs always go and at least contribute elsewhere right stop sniffing the coke and pay attention. Several of them are starters on playoff teams.