This sucks...

Now even the off-season is boring and unwatchable. I get it. Miami and the Bears are overpaying for players. At least they are doing something. Give me anything Buddy. Please. Even if it is cutting a QB or Whitner. Anything so the team is not so irrelevant.

I have to think the new regimes thinking is that of a build a team strategy from the draft. If they haven't signed anyone yet and are only looking at second string players that just about confirms this strategy. That being said I believe there are a few guys out there who could anchor spots for years and veterans who could give leadership. I am here for the same reason you are, I to would love to see a good signing or two, but I will be patient. I think the draft holds good players for the Bills.

Now even the off-season is boring and unwatchable. I get it. Miami and the Bears are overpaying for players. At least they are doing something. Give me anything Buddy. Please. Even if it is cutting a QB or Whitner. Anything so the team is not so irrelevant.

I'll take perceived irrelevance if it means we're getting better over the long run. Trying to sign players just for the sake of making moves would be an unfortunate throwback to the Donahoe era.

This is one of the weakest FA classes I can ever remember. Especially with the high potential of no football in 2011, I'm perfectly happy with trying to draft a winning team.

They have to much invested to not try and win it all next season.

I have to think the new regimes thinking is that of a build a team strategy from the draft. If they haven't signed anyone yet and are only looking at second string players that just about confirms this strategy. That being said I believe there are a few guys out there who could anchor spots for years and veterans who could give leadership. I am here for the same reason you are, I to would love to see a good signing or two, but I will be patient. I think the draft holds good players for the Bills.

I agree, I think the new regime wants to build a contender through the draft, they realize they need to start from scratch, you need to remember we are rebuilding. I think they will bring in a couple of career backups with one or two bigger names, like Larry Foote that can work with the young players and help them develop. I think they Bills we be more active making trades than they will be signing free agents. I think they are going to be putting Whitner, Lynch, Schobel, and maybe surprise a few of us and trade McGee. Rebuilding sucks and I think the new regime is putting more of their effort into the draft coming up, they have alot of studying to do and want their late round picks to be hidden gems. But I rather them do this now so in 2 or 3 years our Bills will be contenders, and not just just a season or two, but for many years because we will have a young solid core. Once that is done we can be active in free agency to fill the 1 or 2 holes we will have at that time.

Yes, lets start chucking some money out there and see if we can lure in the next Derrick Dockery or Langston Walker.

Seriously, what top shelf free agents are going to want to come to Buffalo? This franchise is a muddled mess and next year is about seeing if a foundation can be laid for future success. Once they do that then maybe go after some free agents.

I'm sorry to say this franchise is almost completely irrelevant to the NFL until they can turn things around.

What people have to realize, if they don't already, is that this years FA group is very small because the collective bargaining agreement is not in effect. 200 players that would normally be available are not UFA's. I would be the first to criticize this organization if they deserve it, but in this case, you really can't expect much. Tough time to be a Bills fan.

The management of this team (outside of Ralph) has a long history or building through the draft. Whaley is a Pitt guy, you never hear of them going crazy signing people in FA. Even SD is usually muted when it comes to signing free agents. Why does everything think they're going to change and go out and overpay for mediocre talent?

I'll take perceived irrelevance if it means we're getting better over the long run. Trying to sign players just for the sake of making moves would be an unfortunate throwback to the Donahoe era.

This is one of the weakest FA classes I can ever remember. Especially with the high potential of no football in 2011, I'm perfectly happy with trying to draft a winning team.

I understand what your saying and the merit of it as well..but the only thing is that I don't any probably many other

people don't have confidence quite yet in the Bills Front office. I think as long as Tom Modrak remains and some of the

previous regime, I am going to have some reservations that we can competently draft players who will be valuable to the

franchise. I don't think it's necessary to cover the players the Bills have drafted in the past decade because that has been

well documented going back to drafting Bryce Fischer who was in the Military and I don't even think he ever played for us.

Then there is the lack of work ethic that Mike Williams presented. Both of these draft picks were wasted opportunities that

should have been detectable prior to ever drafting these players and many others. So as long as we continue on the long

dry road of playoff drought and mediocre players at best, I'd rather get players who have been in other organizations

through Free Agency and at least have hope for the near future if nothing but the entertainment value of it. Last year is a

primary example of our draft pattern...We select probably the 4th or 5th best projected DE over B. Orakapo who was

rated as the best on most everyone's draft mocks including the so called experts like Kiper, Sporting News, and Pro

football Weekly! But, we are always smarter than everyone else and we take the 40 lb underweight tweener that the Bills

will grow into is frame because Paul Pozinjury is an alumni and convinces the Bills organization that they want Aaron

Maybe Maybin in the draft. I hope the lightbulbs come on in our organization and they formulate a winning plan which will

take at least 3 years or more through the draft. I am hoping that Buddy Nix is the second coming of Bill Polian, but GM's

of his caliber are a rare breed and releasing B. Polian was probably the beginning of the collapse of the Buffalo Bills.

I think we should pick up 2 good FA on Offense and 2 on Defense as we have a lot of holes on the Bills. If you accept

mediocrity I suppose there are only 4 or 5 holes on this team, but if you are true to excellence and admit the Bills

shortcomings..then I think you realize that the Bills really have about 9 or 10 holes on this team. You could take several

of our starters and they would be backup players for depth on several of your better teams. Next years draft would be

unbelievably successful if they can net 3 or 4 quality starters out of the deal, but seriously they probably will draft 2

starters if they are lucky. With so many holes to fill on both sides of the ball, it seems they are going to patch those holes

with maybe lesser freeagents as a stopgap player. Not necessarily a quality starter, but a warm body to fill the vacancy. I

think this mode of think is filled with flaws and I see the Bills taking a step or two backwards in the upcoming year. I want

the Bills to win as much as the next guy, but there are reasons why teams fill holes with FA's. I check the FA Tracker

every few hours just hoping for some FA signings to no avail. I know it's premature, but everything or actually next to

nothing which I see happening leads me to believe that the Bills will be about 5-11 next year. Historically, teams who

switch from the 4/3 to the 3/4 defense have a terrible year in the date of its inception...So good luck Buddy in the

draft...You better find the next Sproles, LT, and Merriweather...etc....and a couple of more to fill the holes on the Bills.

flaw of the Bills is our owner Ralphy boy! Even if we draft great....We almost never are able to keep our high price

Unrestricted FA...AND that's not an opinion it's a fact....ie: Nate Clements, Antwoine Winfield, Pat Williams, Jabari Greer,

Sam Cowhart, Ted Washington etc.......and many more....So what's the sense??? Go get me 5 top FA signees now starting

with a QB, OT, LB, DT/NT, WR and see just where the Bills finish the next two years in conjuction with our draft!!

yeah...maybe Ralph will pay a load of money, but he'll make back lots of dough too when his team wins more...gets extra

revenue from playoff games, is able to demand more money from Toronto if he wants to extend the team's one game a

year venture, merchandise sales, and maybe some MNF games as well. I understand the flaws with my thinking as

Washington's owner blows the heck out of this theory, but I think relevancy in this leaugue is short-term and by the time

you build now days through the draft...if your owner isn't willing to shell out big bucks to keep the free-agents...then your

doomed and you have to find a replacement...and go through the whole process again!! Look at N.England...they pickup

big name FA's and have success and so does many teams...look at Minnesota and Favre! enough..said...

spokespersons may say that FA's aren't the key to a successful team but many players have proved that to be false

including Drew Breeze!!! Buffalo needs to get off their butts and make something happen....if nothing else inject some

enthusiasm into the Bills organization..Get fired up!!! Get some real good FA's before they are all sold! I see many

players I would love to have...why don't they??? It's almost like having extra picks in the draft by picking up a few of

these guys!! I don't understand the Bills thinking...I think Gailey was hired for this belief as the bottom line with this team

is the BOTTTOM Line in the standings!!!!!!!! :lol:

Get some real good FA's before they are all sold! I see many

players I would love to have...why don't they??? It's almost like having extra picks in the draft by picking up a few of

these guys!! I don't understand the Bills thinking...I think Gailey was hired for this belief as the bottom line with this team

Getting FA's you would love to have does not get us to the promised land. Build a Core to get close as miami and the jets have then fill in the final pieces with FA's. This is not Fantasy Football wwhere you have the pick of the league. let the new leadership work their way or buy the team and do it your way. :thumbdown:

Getting FA's you would love to have does not get us to the promised land. Build a Core to get close as miami and the jets have then fill in the final pieces with FA's. This is not Fantasy Football wwhere you have the pick of the league. let the new leadership work their way or buy the team and do it your way. :lol:

I know of a cheaper solution then buying the team, by Madden football and go into franchise mode.

I'm sooo glad you aren't the GM.

The offseason is supposed to be boring. It's when we go back to spending time on Sundays with the wife and kids!

We did something last year. We signed T.O. How did that work out? As for being irrelevant, there are 32 teams in the NFL and half of them rarely get talked about.

PTR

The offseason is supposed to be boring. It's when we go back to spending time on Sundays with the wife and kids!

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

The small free agent class is a tough break for Buddy . This year was actually shaping up to be a good class before the uncapped situation . A few good sighning could have pushed up the rebuild . On to the draft

What people have to realize, if they don't already, is that this years FA group is very small because the collective bargaining agreement is not in effect. 200 players that would normally be available are not UFA's. I would be the first to criticise this organization if they deserve it, but in this case, you really can't expect much. Tough time to be a Bills fan.

yes but 1/4 of the teams - the top 8 - aren't allowed to sign players until they lose a player. So even though there are less players avaialble there are fewer teams to compete against for the available FA's.

Dude have you wathced this team play the last decade. The only excitement they have generated is in the off-season. Usually they suck us in for about the first third of the season. But last year it was over before it even started.

I understand what your saying and the merit of it as well..but the only thing is that I don't any probably many other

people don't have confidence quite yet in the Bills Front office. I think as long as Tom Modrak remains and some of the

previous regime, I am going to have some reservations that we can competently draft players who will be valuable to the

franchise. I don't think it's necessary to cover the players the Bills have drafted in the past decade because that has been

well documented going back to drafting Bryce Fischer who was in the Military and I don't even think he ever played for us.

Then there is the lack of work ethic that Mike Williams presented. Both of these draft picks were wasted opportunities that

should have been detectable prior to ever drafting these players and many others. So as long as we continue on the long

dry road of playoff drought and mediocre players at best, I'd rather get players who have been in other organizations

through Free Agency and at least have hope for the near future if nothing but the entertainment value of it. Last year is a

primary example of our draft pattern...We select probably the 4th or 5th best projected DE over B. Orakapo who was

rated as the best on most everyone's draft mocks including the so called experts like Kiper, Sporting News, and Pro

football Weekly! But, we are always smarter than everyone else and we take the 40 lb underweight tweener that the Bills

will grow into is frame because Paul Pozinjury is an alumni and convinces the Bills organization that they want Aaron

Maybe Maybin in the draft. I hope the lightbulbs come on in our organization and they formulate a winning plan which will

take at least 3 years or more through the draft. I am hoping that Buddy Nix is the second coming of Bill Polian, but GM's

of his caliber are a rare breed and releasing B. Polian was probably the beginning of the collapse of the Buffalo Bills.

I think we should pick up 2 good FA on Offense and 2 on Defense as we have a lot of holes on the Bills. If you accept

mediocrity I suppose there are only 4 or 5 holes on this team, but if you are true to excellence and admit the Bills

shortcomings..then I think you realize that the Bills really have about 9 or 10 holes on this team. You could take several

of our starters and they would be backup players for depth on several of your better teams. Next years draft would be

unbelievably successful if they can net 3 or 4 quality starters out of the deal, but seriously they probably will draft 2

starters if they are lucky. With so many holes to fill on both sides of the ball, it seems they are going to patch those holes

with maybe lesser freeagents as a stopgap player. Not necessarily a quality starter, but a warm body to fill the vacancy. I

think this mode of think is filled with flaws and I see the Bills taking a step or two backwards in the upcoming year. I want

the Bills to win as much as the next guy, but there are reasons why teams fill holes with FA's. I check the FA Tracker

every few hours just hoping for some FA signings to no avail. I know it's premature, but everything or actually next to

nothing which I see happening leads me to believe that the Bills will be about 5-11 next year. Historically, teams who

switch from the 4/3 to the 3/4 defense have a terrible year in the date of its inception...So good luck Buddy in the

draft...You better find the next Sproles, LT, and Merriweather...etc....and a couple of more to fill the holes on the Bills.

flaw of the Bills is our owner Ralphy boy! Even if we draft great....We almost never are able to keep our high price

Unrestricted FA...AND that's not an opinion it's a fact....ie: Nate Clements, Antwoine Winfield, Pat Williams, Jabari Greer,

Sam Cowhart, Ted Washington etc.......and many more....So what's the sense??? Go get me 5 top FA signees now starting

with a QB, OT, LB, DT/NT, WR and see just where the Bills finish the next two years in conjuction with our draft!!

yeah...maybe Ralph will pay a load of money, but he'll make back lots of dough too when his team wins more...gets extra

revenue from playoff games, is able to demand more money from Toronto if he wants to extend the team's one game a

year venture, merchandise sales, and maybe some MNF games as well. I understand the flaws with my thinking as

Washington's owner blows the heck out of this theory, but I think relevancy in this leaugue is short-term and by the time

you build now days through the draft...if your owner isn't willing to shell out big bucks to keep the free-agents...then your

doomed and you have to find a replacement...and go through the whole process again!! Look at N.England...they pickup

big name FA's and have success and so does many teams...look at Minnesota and Favre! enough..said...

spokespersons may say that FA's aren't the key to a successful team but many players have proved that to be false

including Drew Breeze!!! Buffalo needs to get off their butts and make something happen....if nothing else inject some

enthusiasm into the Bills organization..Get fired up!!! Get some real good FA's before they are all sold! I see many

Nice cliffnotes :thumbdown:

Inappropriate, buddy.

*knows it was inappropriate to quote the whole thing, but felt it was necessary*