This sucks...

Now even the off-season is boring and unwatchable. I get it. Miami and the Bears are overpaying for players. At least they are doing something. Give me anything Buddy. Please. Even if it is cutting a QB or Whitner. Anything so the team is not so irrelevant.

Come on now, cutting Whitner right now would be stupid.

Everyone wants to see Nix make a significant move but first lets rewind back to the last GM change with Levy/Jauron. Levy came into free agency guns blazing and he looked at lots of players and made some big signings right away.

Everyone was excited about his moves but now looking at the aftermath they were not the kind of moves that good teams make.

1. We signed Robert Royal on day one - I think it is safe to say he did not make a positive impact. Not a huge gain or loss here but hey, we signed someone on day one. Yahoo.

2. We signed Derrick Dockery, an average guard, to the largest (at that time) Bills contract ever. He turns out to play at a slightly average level and for huge money. We give up big money for Dockery and later on have no money for Clements - one of our own. Clements leaves and we get to spend another 1st rounder on a CB. Good teams (Indy, Pttsburgh, New England) do the opposite, they sign their best players when they are still in their prime and the don't pay big $$ for FA's.

3. We sign Langston Walker, a so-so RT on the worst OL in football, to a huge contract. Then later we flub negotiations with our Pro Bowl LT while still grossly overpaying for Walker and Dockery.

I know I have the benefit of hindsight here but my point is maybe it is better that Nix does proceed with caution.

Now even the off-season is boring and unwatchable. I get it. Miami and the Bears are overpaying for players. At least they are doing something. Give me anything Buddy. Please. Even if it is cutting a QB or Whitner. Anything so the team is not so irrelevant.

Yeah, just like Dan Snyder does every year. And they have nothing to show for it. Peppers signing with the Bears is a desperation move by the coach because he knows he's gone if they don't win this year. And 9 times out of 10, desperation moves don't work.

OK All let put on our Big Guy Panties, and trust in the FO having a plan, they were not ever going to be involved in 1st day or 1st week, Maybe 1st Month, Fee Agency, it simply makes no sense If you are close to winning a Championship it does, The Bills will bring in FA after the dust settles for depth and some stop gap Starters, what about that dont any of you GET?

Come On Man !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Jet and Dolphins have proven that you can rebuild in a year..but you have to make the right moves.

I see fans feel like we have made bad moves on the FA opening day before so we shouldn't do anything....not so sure. The Jets and the Dolphins are examples of how to do things correctly. I am all for giving Nix and Gailey a chance to field a solid product. But I would like to see where they are putting in the effort. Schedule some visits, talk to some free agents. I have not seen this yet but that doesn't mean they are not interested in building a winner. I don't think they are very impressed with the FA geezers out there.

The safeties are the best unit on the field...don't touch it.

The OL, LB's, QB's and DL is poor. These areas are the ones where we should consider making our trades.

Our LB's are the most expendable I would try to create draft picks out of this group.

This is what Parcells did with Zach Thomas his fellow LB's in Miami. He traded them for draft picks. Ryan did the same with the Jets and Vilma. By doing so they changed the identity of the defense in one year.

Not once did I here Parcells or Ryan say..well we can't do it all in one year.

Mitchell, and Poz are really the perfect trade bait for the plain reason they are out most of the time anyway and they aren't much better than the replacements. This an area that needs to be upgraded. It would change the identity of our defense. Lets face it, it can't get much worse.

Trading down in the draft for more picks would be smart as well.

Miami and the Bears are looking to be contenders this season, we are looking to be contenders in 2-3 years so why over pay for a 30 year old player where in 2-3 years when we are competitive in the division we will be looking to replace those players. Peppers is a 4-3 defensive end and is to old and high dollar to try and convert to a 3-4 lb. Dansby has primarily played in the 4-3 and he is not that spectacular of a player, he is good but it makes more sense to draft and develop our own. We dont need a RB. Other than that this is a very weak FA class.