What Free Agent Would Come To Buffalo?

Why would any fee agent want come to Buffalo unless they had absolutely no other option. I can't see the Bills signing anybody worth a dam. This team has a senile owner, a second rate coaching staff, no quarterback, players who don't fit the new system, no offensive or defensive line, and a history of drafting failure. This team has no identity and nobody to build around.

Add the fact that New York has one of the highest tax rates, poor weather and you have nothing to entice a player to come here unless you over pay them.

Outside of the great fans, good place to raise kids, and chicken wings and beef on weck, what else is there?

Don't get me wrong, I am an avid Bills fan and my heart will always be with Buffalo, and I would do almost anything to help our team win, but that is reality.

I don't think Todd Wade will even sign with Bills. He is from Dallas and he will sign with Houston in a couple of days.

I think our only option is to get players from the CFL, and through the draft. Why don't we start looking at Rugby players from other countries. They might come to Buffalo to play. The again maybe not.

I think everyone saying this garbage that "no one wants to play in Buffalo" needs to re-think stuff...I'd rather find the John Davis-types (he didn't start for the then Houston Oilers) but he was a nice addition rather TO ( a lot of cash and little splash)...

Bills have to be careful...For every Bryce Paup, there is a Derrick Dockery...

99.9% of these guys are making a money grab...they don't care about the city good or bad come up with a dollar more and they will come running

I would like to add that most are not young guys and will fill the role of stop gaps and tutors on a losing team for a year or 2 unless they are looking at coaching in the future, what is the motivation?

After the recent past RW is not giving top dollar to FAs, so what you are really saying is yeah, no reason for them to come here.

Why would any fee agent want come to Buffalo unless they had absolutely no other option. I can't see the Bills signing anybody worth a dam. This team has a senile owner, a second rate coaching staff, no quarterback, players who don't fit the new system, no offensive or defensive line, and a history of drafting failure. This team has no identity and nobody to build around.

Add the fact that New York has one of the highest tax rates, poor weather and you have nothing to entice a player to come here unless you over pay them.

Outside of the great fans, good place to raise kids, and chicken wings and beef on weck, what else is there?

Don't get me wrong, I am an avid Bills fan and my heart will always be with Buffalo, and I would do almost anything to help our team win, but that is reality.

I don't think Todd Wade will even sign with Bills. He is from Dallas and he will sign with Houston in a couple of days.

I think our only option is to get players from the CFL, and through the draft. Why don't we start looking at Rugby players from other countries. They might come to Buffalo to play. The again maybe not.

You seem a little depressed.......

I would like to add that most are not young guys and will fill the role of stop gaps and tutors on a losing team for a year or 2 unless they are looking at coaching in the future, what is the motivation?

After the recent past RW is not giving top dollar to FAs, so what you are really saying is yeah, no reason for them to come here.

:lol:

Reference: Dockery, Derrick and Owens, Terrell

What difference does it even make? It doesn't appear that they are even going to try to sign any anyway. They have already thrown the 2010 season away. So depressing, what a worthless owner. He basically said they weren't going to sign any free agents, and if they do it will be the minimum wage guys. This team will never win again as long as the ownership stays the same. Please Ralph sell the damn team and get a real owner in here.

What difference does it even make? It doesn't appear that they are even going to try to sign any anyway. They have already thrown the 2010 season away. So depressing, what a worthless owner. He basically said they weren't going to sign any free agents, and if they do it will be the minimum wage guys. This team will never win again as long as the ownership stays the same. Please Ralph sell the damn team and get a real owner in here.

Richmond Virginia would love to have a pro team, and I say name them the Richmond Knights. Sell the team Ralph, or move them.

above me there F freaking U

+1,0002

The new regime is committed to building through the draft.

Free Agency isn't the draft. Recent FA pickups have shat the bed.

If there are some players they can sign for depth, they'll do it.

Expect all 9 draft picks to make this year's squad and probably 3-5 UFA kids to make the team too.

And to think. We were all here at the beginning when this thing finally began to get turned around.

You'll be thankful for that. It'll be something you can tell you kids or grand kids some day.

+1,0002

The new regime is committed to building through the draft.

Free Agency isn't the draft. Recent FA pickups have shat the bed.

If there are some players they can sign for depth, they'll do it.

Expect all 9 draft picks to make this year's squad and probably 3-5 UFA kids to make the team too.

And to think. We were all here at the beginning when this thing finally began to get turned around.

You'll be thankful for that. It'll be something you can tell you kids or grand kids some day.

Yea you wouldn't want to sign any free agents, they have all shat to bed? But all the recent draft picks have turned out great havent they? You can't win without doing both good, drafting and signing free agents. We are the only team not even looking at free agents. Ralph is enjoying this uncapped year more than anyone-besides not having a cap there no basement/minimum salary either, so Ralph can pinch like never before. Sucks right now to be a lifelong fan of such a disfunctional organization, with a terrible owner and no desire to win, only sell tickets. Please someone buy this team that wants to win not just pad their bank accounts. Help !!!!!!!!

I find this topic matter to be rather stupid and pointless. I'm sure on multiple message boards across the nation, fans are griping about their team not doing anything in FA, yet Bills fans make it seem like we are the only ones that haven't done anything yet.

We are the only team not even looking at free agents.

To take a line from some song I heard, 'I wish you'd step back from that ledge, my friend'. Jeepers, doesn't Wade Smith, that lineman from KC qualify as looking at free agents? Or maybe you're too wrapped up in finding ways to criticize the Bills that you didn't notice that. In reality, just because no one has reported anything doesn't mean the Bills aren't taking a look at some guys. Unless, you have an inside guy who says everyone in One Bills Drive sits around all days twiddling their thumbs and playing Madden? Give me a break. Signings will be made, they won't be flashy by any means, but they will be guys who can fill holes.

For the few weeks I have been posting here, it seems like most threads are stupid and pointless topics about the Bills sucking or being stupid or stingy and it ticks me off. Yes, I know that some people believe that as a Bills fan you have to expect the worst and whatnot, but some people just need to get a grip on things. FA doesn't end tomorrow, so by us not doing anything yet doesn't mean the world is going to end.

I don't even feel the need to address the original point of FAs not wanting to come here...*sigh*

Sorry for my fuming, but all the negativity has gotten to me :beer:

Uughh. Another why would anyone come to Buffalo thread.

Can you help us out? Take a years supply of chicken wings and beef on weck, head on up to Canada, and see if you can find the next Cookie Gilcrest.

Isn't Whaley the Pro Personal director? Doesn't he come from Pittsburg? When was the last time Pittsburg brought in any high priced free agents?

It's what i expected and wanted to happen.