Realistically, I Think 4 Starting Positions Will Be Filled

LB

NT

LT

RT

Assuming Wood comes back, these are the positions I see the Bills filling with members already on the team competing for all other positions. Most likely, the starting QB is on the roster which is fine because nothing is happening this year anyway. First round, they are picking LT with NT being filled in the second. This leaves LB and RT to be picked up in FA.

If, somehow, they manage a trade for LT in FA, hopefully Rolando McClain is the pick. Throw the whole thing out the window if Bradford somehow slips to them but I doubt either Clausen or Bradford is there.

LB

NT

LT

RT

Assuming Wood comes back, these are the positions I see the Bills filling with members already on the team competing for all other positions. Most likely, the starting QB is on the roster which is fine because nothing is happening this year anyway. First round, they are picking LT with NT being filled in the second. This leaves LB and RT to be picked up in FA.

If, somehow, they manage a trade for LT in FA, hopefully Rolando McClain is the pick. Throw the whole thing out the window if Bradford somehow slips to them but I doubt either Clausen or Bradford is there.

lt and rt have to be filled I don't think we have a healthy one on the roster

buluga first ,cody second ,jolly third might fit the bill

LB

NT

LT

RT

And that leaves **** for the most important position QB. So we will still suck

LB

NT

LT

RT

We can hopefully fill the LT in round 1. We may be able to get an solid LB and a rotational NT in rounds 2 and 3.

After that it is depth and development players for DE, RT, WR.

finding 4 starters in the draft would be best case scenario by a long shot. I mean yea it will prob happen because we simply dont have anyone else, but I doubt we are pleased with the rusults....

Last year we found 4 starters. Wood and Levitre started from day 1 due to no talent in our interior line. Then the TE Nelson had to start due to injury. Then Byrd got a shot, again due to injury.

If we can find three more starters from this years draft that would be great.

The Donahoe players are almost gone now. Most of the Levy/Brandon era players will be gone soon.

LB

NT

LT

RT

I think we are 4 starters short on each side of the line.

I like the Mc Clain pick on defense. We need to get 2 LB's out of this draft and 2 linemen.

Everyone would have to compete for the starting spot. Poz was annointed started after Fletcher left and has never lived up. I would have McClain, Mitchell and Poz compete for the inside spot. I think McClain and Mitchell win this battle based on instinct and intellegence.

We need to have a natural OLB in one of the outside positions and not just converted DE's but I'm curious to see how it pans out. The OLB position should not be treated as a rest stop for failed DE's, we will never be successful that way. The line is trial and error. Stroud, Johnson seem to be well suited for DE but we really don't know this. Who's on the NT. I don't see Williams being very successful here..he's just to small and this is a position of size and strength.

A DT must be drafted.

The offseason has to bring us 2 OT's, one can come from the draft and the other from free agency. Problem seems to be that we're not interested in being a player in FA for potential starters. The successful starters for OT aren't on the team yet.

Please no more threads putting Levitre at starter on one of the OT positions....remember we play to win the game.

All that leaves is a qb that can pull the trigger.

And that leaves **** for the most important position QB. So we will still suck

There really cannot be realistic expectations for playoffs this year so why not get the lines RIGHT for the first time in 10 years and draft the future QB in 3rd or 4th. If the new management is truly capable, we should have a QB ready to step in AFTER the 2011 FA and draft have concluded. Even though they have missed the playoffs for the past 10 years, this is the FIRST year where I don't think they have a snowballs chance in Hell to getting over 500.

I am totally fine with the rebuild as long as it is done properly..............Just make sure to pick a QB that can take over in 2011 who has the right mentality, build and leadership to succeed if given time to learn.

Well, there aren't many options at QB.

Delhome sounds like a good fit. Man played in a SB and 3 NFC title games. Not coming off the best season last year. Honestly

I think they could have him. He is a battler and is a proven pro QB. Not saying he is a long term answer but just a year or two guy who can teach a young QB like Brohm.

Delhome sounds like a good fit. Man played in a SB and 3 NFC title games. Not coming off the best season last year. Honestly

I think they could have him. He is a battler and is a proven pro QB. Not saying he is a long term answer but just a year or two guy who can teach a young QB like Brohm.

Delhomme's arm is shot. Did you watch any film of him after the Tommy John surgery. To give him a contract would be foolish when there are other qbs out there that could be the same guy and had for less dough.

We aren't drafting a RT at the 9 spot, so tell me who are these top 4 tackles who can come in and start at LT for 9th pick money?

Well, there are only 3 LTs that I would draft at 9, and then there are the 2 QBs as well. That is 5 players.... I doubt all 5 are gone by the time we pick.

There's two of them in the first round. Also, its starting to look like there might not be many options for OTs at pick #9 either.

I think it is more likely the two QBs will be gone before the OTs are gone. As far as the OTs go, if we get one of the main 3, it should be a good pick to fill a huge hole.

Last year we found 4 starters. Wood and Levitre started from day 1 due to no talent in our interior line. Then the TE Nelson had to start due to injury. Then Byrd got a shot, again due to injury.

The Donahoe players are almost gone now. Most of the Levy/Brandon era players will be gone soon.

Yep, last year was a very good draft for the Bills. It was also the first where Buddy Nix had considerable influence. I await the Nix haters comments.

LB

NT

LT

RT

Of course they will. They don't have a NT, a RT, a LT(maybe Bell starts here), and they need 2 LB's. Just because they are going to start doesn't mean they will be good players.

Its not my team so I understand what they MIGHT be doing but it isn't the way I would do it.....

I have always been of this philosophy:

- If you are deep at a position then pick one of those players and trade them either for a pick or player that can be used to address a weakness.

- Go into free agency....and draft veteran players that can help you at the obvious holes......I would have already brought in at least one OT, a NT, and a OLB

- Then you evaluate what you were able to do in free agency....and then draft the best available player at a position of need.....you have covered yourself by bringing in free agents at the weak positions so you can let the draft come to you....and not reach for a player.

But.....thats just me.

Thats my point. We will have 4 rookies starting because of need, not because those rookies are great and would be starting on a playoff bound team. AKA we are going to be hand cuffed into starting a rookie NT. Thats because he is the only NT, not because he earned the spot.