Dansby 5 year deal w/ fins.

NewEra

Parcells = Creditable plan and quality coaching= Dansby

Brandon = no plan except dupe WNY'ers into buying tickets, and marginal coaching = KC retread back up offensive lineman

Definition of irrelevance = only mention of the Bills in the last month is the release of TO and linked to a dog killer

its day one...you obviously don't understand

fine i take it back. nix said when he came here that his philosophy with FA's is that you sign someone to be a stop gap. No big time players really. So with an already awful FA class, combined with that philosophy, you keep saying that it's just "day 1" and see how that turns out.

The Jets traded for Cromartie. Now they have 2 shut down corners. If Sanchez has another decent season the Jets should be right back into the playoffs. The Dolphins had a wicked hard schedule last season and are sure to have a better record this year. The Pats, well Tom Brady, Bill Belicheat. Enough said. We are in the toughest division in the NFL. Teams in our division are getting even better. We need to be patient and trust Nix and Gailey to build this thing right. It's going to take a few years and maybe the other teams slide a bit. I'm willing to be patient and build through the draft. I just hope Ralph has winning in the best interest of the team and trying to be a cheap skate by putting profit ahead of wins out of his mind.

Brandon's plan - 1. Hope Brady likes sex with Giselle more than football 2. Hope Parcells get's fed up during the lockout and retires for good 3. Hope Rex Ryan implodes like his father did

I also agree with the concept of building through the draft BUT that does not mean you do nothing in free agency. The Jets & Dolphins added pieces to get better and the Pats did work resigning Wilfork, Neal and Banta Cain. I know it was only day one but with such a weak FA crop to begin with all the even half way decent ones will be gone and we will once again be stuck holding visits with over the hill vets who will still choose a different team over us.

Oh yea PS GO BILLS

fine i take it back. nix said when he came here that his philosophy with FA's is that you sign someone to be a stop gap. No big time players really. So with an already awful FA class, combined with that philosophy, you keep saying that it's just "day 1" and see how that turns out.

uh...wut?

uh...wut?

whats hard to understand? you're saying it's just day 1 of free agency, yet Nix's philosophy on free agency is not to build a team through it and go after big names. This year there is not many players that we could even sign to begin with that are reputable enough to get fans thinking "oh maybe we're going in the right direction." Are you really expecting much to happen to this team during free agency?

Awesome. The Bills continue to fall further behind, if that's at all possible.

Call me cyncial, but a team with as many needs as this one can't expect to turn around its fortunes based entirely on the upcoming draft when they have more holes than they do picks. Not mention that even some starters that are serviceable are truly backups on most teams.

I had until March 9th to secure my discount on my seasons, and I half expect the team to use that date and the free agent bstart date of today to show some movement to entice people to renew. Not so much.

Yeah, yeah, it's about 24 hours in but this team has some scrubby OL coming in and that's it. Hardly progress.

The Bills are not looking to turn their fortunes around this year. This will be a bad year. They will take a few steps back before they get better. They will be a bad footbal team this year. If you renew your season tickets, don't base that decision on hoping they turn it around this year. They will be bad. If you do renew, base that decision on the fact that you now trust the new guys in charge. That they have a plan and that plan will take longer than one year. Plus there is a chance we won't even have footbal next year. Good luck.

Awesome. The Bills continue to fall further behind, if that's at all possible.

Call me cyncial, but a team with as many needs as this one can't expect to turn around its fortunes based entirely on the upcoming draft when they have more holes than they do picks. Not mention that even some starters that are serviceable are truly backups on most teams.

I had until March 9th to secure my discount on my seasons, and I half expect the team to use that date and the free agent bstart date of today to show some movement to entice people to renew. Not so much.

Yeah, yeah, it's about 24 hours in but this team has some scrubby OL coming in and that's it. Hardly progress.

anyone who renews their season tickets is crazy. let em go. better seats will be available after THIS season. i bet the Bills have less than half the stadium in season tickets in 2011. they are going to be very bad in 2010, complete rebuilding season full of blowouts, mistakes galore and growing pains. it will be very hard to watch.

Exactly. Dansby is a NAME and why he got it I don't know. He is an ILB that doesn't rush the passer. The Fins way overpaid for this guy.

Even the Phins would agree that they overpayed for Dansby. But by signing him they address a need which will give them greater flexibility in the draft.

The Jets, Patriots and Phins are better than the Bills and will be for years. Even with that assessment the worst approach the Bills could take is to purchase mediocre free agents at a premium price. This franchise is not in position to make expensive mistakes. The best approach Nix and his staff can take is to systematically rebuild this roster through the draft and steadily get better.

The moronic owner squandered three years of rebuilding by placing Levy, Jauron and Brandon in positions they weren't suited for. Belatedly, the aged owner has a competent football person presiding over the franchise and following a sound blueprint that moves the team forward instead of repeatedly stuck in the mud.

If you are a Bills fan and expect a quick turnaround you are going to be greatly disappointed. Making a splash is not going to work with a very hollow roster. Drafting consistently well over a period of a few years is the only smart approach this franchise can take.