Bills will seriously suck in 2010!!

Face it Bills fans, there's just no way that the firm of Nix, Gailey, and Whaley can fix what ails the team all in one year. It's apparent to me that they're not even going to try.

They have too many holes on the O-line (LT,RG,RT), at QB, and at WR to produce anything close to a decent offense.

Far too many square pegs for a round hole on the defensive end now that they've switched to a 3-4.

They can't get the OLs, the quality starting QB, the NT and DTs, and the LBs that they need to be competitive. Nobody wants to come to Buffalo.

I think they're going to tank it this year by signing only no name FAs that won't make much of a difference in hopes of gaining a really high draft position for year 2.

The bottom line is that the Bills simply will not have the premier players where they need them to compete with other teams. We'll have T. Thigpen or T. Edwards at QB while the Pats will have T. Brady. There's just no comparison there.

Expecting Gailey to win with what he will have will be next to impossible.

The Bills are going to have to build their team through the draft for the most part (just like the Sabres have). They should be looking to stockpile draft picks and trade down when possible to obtain more picks. Then and only then will they have some leverage to obtain the quality players that they need to be competitive and to actually win.

It really sucks to be a Bills fan right now. The writing is on the wall.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like every fan I want a Super-bowl team now but I'll take a 2-14 team that is making smart moves to build the core of the team over a team that makes stupid short sighted moves that seem to be motivated by anything but winning football games and keeps spinning their wheels at 7-9.

Face it Bills fans, there's just no way that the firm of Nix, Gailey, and Whaley can fix what ails the team all in one year. It's apparent to me that they're not even going to try.

They have too many holes on the O-line (LT,RG,RT), at QB, and at WR to produce anything close to a decent offense.

Far too many square pegs for a round hole on the defensive end now that they've switched to a 3-4.

They can't get the OLs, the quality starting QB, the NT and DTs, and the LBs that they need to be competitive. Nobody wants to come to Buffalo.

I think they're going to tank it this year by signing only no name FAs that won't make much of a difference in hopes of gaining a really high draft position for year 2.

The bottom line is that the Bills simply will not have the premier players where they need them to compete with other teams. We'll have T. Thigpen or T. Edwards at QB while the Pats will have T. Brady. There's just no comparison there.

The Bills are going to have to build their team through the draft for the most part (just like the Sabres have). They should be looking to stockpile draft picks and trade down when possible to obtain more picks. Then and only then will they have some leverage to obtain the quality players that they need to be competitive and to actually win.

Aren't you just full of negativity today. I guess the upside with that way of thinking is this coming season won't disappoint you...

If we are not getting a legit QB in FA, then there is nothing wrong with sucking it up for a year. Look at the team and be realistic. It will take another 2 years minimum to have the new staff (and eventually QB) get this team playoff ready. The rebuild is long overdue so just accept it.

Here comes the nonsense. :rolleyes:

I dont know what our draft pick will be next year but I dont think it will as low as you are predicting.

Chan CAN coach....the offense will be better.......it may be a bunch of no name players but I think they will give it everything they have.

This team needs an enima......it takes a while for that kind of change to take effect.

Like every fan I want a Super-bowl team now but I'll take a 2-14 team that is making smart moves to build the core of the team over a team that makes stupid short sighted moves that seem to be motivated by anything but winning football games and keeps spinning their wheels at 7-9.

I absolutely agree. Although I don't see us being a 2-14 team. I expect another 7-9 or 6-10. Heck, even a blind squirrel can find an acorn now and then.

Totally Agree, and also add that they will be unwatchable as well. I am going to cancel my Sunday Ticket after 11 years. I just can't see watching this sad sack team with no leadership, organization, or sense of purpose other than the bottom line. It really does suck when there is no hope.

Is there any reason we'll be worse than last year? Or is 6-10 seriously suck?

New Defense we don't have the personell to play, potentially even worse OL (with retirements/injuries), TO's 6 TDs, while not huge, still made up over 1/4 of our offensive TDs...not to mention everyone on Offense learning a new system.

If Schobel retires and maybin continues flopping, its very very easy to see how we'd get markedly worse

I read the title, 1st line, and last line which was all that was necessary! The Bills sucked last year, the year before that, the year before that, the year before that, the year before that ,the year before that, the year before that, they year before that, the year before that, and the year before that!!! So why would that even worth having as a Topic??? Don't know, but Go Bills !!! Why are we foolish slaves to the Bills even though they don't care what are opinion of them is?? Heck, that would be a better topic than the one above! :rolleyes:

expect us to be a top 3 pick next year. Jake Locker anyone? We will have our pick. But watch us !@#$ up another top 5 pick again :rolleyes:

I have been saying this for a while but actually I am happy about it. As fans it is important to keep this attitude into the draft and into free agency. We can't fill every need in one draft or free agent period and it is very important for the long term success of this team that they do not try to. They need to draft the best players available within limits of course. This year it's imperative that they get big men on both sides of the ball. OL and Front 7 on D. If they can pick up a free agent QB or a second or third day draft pick to ad to the mix great. If not then let's take our medicine this year and go for a top QB in next years draft.