A lot of chatter on Whitners Twitter page

It's been a few years, but I'm STILL mad that we took him 8th overall in 2006 (although taking McCargo in the same first round was even worse).

Get over it...he has been in the leauge three years, on a horrendous team... he had a decent rookie season... the Bills have never really had adequate personal to run the Tampa two defense, so yeah, Whitner was not going to look good all the time... people get mad because he guaranteed a playoff appearance, that never happened, what an unforgiveable sin, trying to rally a team with no pulse... not his fault the Bills picked him higher than he should have been... the way people here hammer on this kid is crazy...

Get over it...he has been in the leauge three years, on a horrendous team... he had a decent rookie season... the Bills have never really had adequate personal to run the Tampa two defense, so yeah, Whitner was not going to look good all the time... people get mad because he guaranteed a playoff appearance, that never happened, what an unforgiveable sin, trying to rally a team with no pulse... not his fault the Bills picked him higher than he should have been... the way people here hammer on this kid is crazy...

Great post.

Thumbs Up.

So, in keeping with the spirit of Bills players being traded/released and then getting to the Playoffs or SuperBowl with other teams, it would be a safe bet to lay some money on Cleveland next year. :rolleyes:

Cleveland? I still wouldn't make that bet. :lol:

:rolleyes:

I've certainly never "hammered" Whitner or implied that it was his "fault" that he was drafted in the top 10... I just think that the team made a very questionable pick for that slot. He's a nice player, has a lot of heart, but clearly is not a "top-10" talent IMHO. You expect/hope guys drafted that high to be real difference makers... to be play makers... to be guys that other teams game plan around. You expect guys picked that high to not fall behind George Wilson on the depth chart. He's a nice player, but definitely not the difference maker most had hoped for with a pick that high. That is all. Personally, I like the guy and hope it works out for him.

Thank You!

Great post.

I've certainly never "hammered" Whitner or implied that it was his "fault" that he was drafted in the top 10... I just think that the team made a very questionable pick for that slot. He's a nice player, has a lot of heart, but clearly is not a "top-10" talent IMHO. You expect/hope guys drafted that high to be real difference makers... to be play makers... to be guys that other teams game plan around. You expect guys picked that high to not fall behind George Wilson on the depth chart. He's a nice player, but definitely not the difference maker most had hoped for with a pick that high. That is all. Personally, I like the guy and hope it works out for him.

I don't think it was your post but mroe the collection of the Whitner bashing. He didn't choose himself 8th. Since he's been here, all he has been is positive about the Bills and Buffalo. There have been a ton of worse picks than Whitner.

Personally, I hope he gets traded so we get some value because we're deep at safety and he can go to a team where the fans will give him a fair shot.

The truly sad thing about what you said is that we never had the proper players to run the tampa two. 4 freaking years of changing over the d and they never go it right and now here we are back to square one

Yeah, sorry...didn't mean to jump down your throat...as C.Biscuit97 said, it was just a statement in general about the TSW. It seems that Whitner has become the face of all that is wrong with the Bills for many, because, as you mention, he may have been overvalued by the Bills when he was drafted. He is hardly the worst pick this franchise has made. While his talent level may not be in line with where he was picked, he is one of a handful of guys on the current roster who seem to love the notion of being a Buffalo Bill, and seems to give a crap with whether this team wins or loses. It just seems like he has become the focal point of fan angst, and I don't think he deserves it. If he gets traded, so be it. How many other guys on this roster have enough trade value for anyone to take notice?

I never hated Whitner, I do wonder why I bought his jersey though. I hate the scouts who made that pick. However I hated them long before Whitner, and I have continued to hate them with good reason. He will always be associated with the pick though...