Bryan Scott Re-Signed

JoeF

Bryan Scott Re-Signed

Bryan Scott back

Veteran safety Bryan Scott was due to hit unrestricted free agency on Friday, but instead he re-signed with the Bills. Scott agreed to terms on a two-year contract with Buffalo.

Scott started the first three games of the season at strong safety, missed five games with an ankle injury, then started the next six games at weak-side linebacker, due to the Bills' rash of injuries at that position.

Jairus Byrd is the Bills' starting free safety. The Bills now have three players in the fold who have started at strong safety - Donte Whitner, George Wilson and Scott.

---Mark Gaughan

Bills re-signed S Bryan Scott to a two-year contract.

Buffalo was so banged up last year at linebacker that Scott had to drop down and start on the weak side late in the season. He'll move back to strong safety in 2010 as a third-stringer behind Donte Whitner and George Wilson. The Bills have also been rumored to have Whitner on the trade block.

Source: Buffalo News

Bryan Scott Re-Signed

Bryan Scott back

Veteran safety Bryan Scott was due to hit unrestricted free agency on Friday, but instead he re-signed with the Bills. Scott agreed to terms on a two-year contract with Buffalo.

Scott started the first three games of the season at strong safety, missed five games with an ankle injury, then started the next six games at weak-side linebacker, due to the Bills' rash of injuries at that position.

Jairus Byrd is the Bills' starting free safety. The Bills now have three players in the fold who have started at strong safety - Donte Whitner, George Wilson and Scott.

---Mark Gaughan

Excellent

Bills re-signed S Bryan Scott to a two-year contract.

Buffalo was so banged up last year at linebacker that Scott had to drop down and start on the weak side late in the season. He'll move back to strong safety in 2010 as a third-stringer behind Donte Whitner and George Wilson. The Bills have also been rumored to have Whitner on the trade block.

Source: Buffalo News

I like it!

Great news...even better news is if this leads to Donte getting shipped out. I'd love to go into this season with Byrd and Wilson as our Safeties.

can't say i disagree, but all these first round misses are like a kick to the head

Good for Bryan Scott, I'm glad he was rewarded.

Scott and Ellison are going to be solid to above average backups. Personally, I'd like to see Scott on the field often. They both can play special teams and serve as backups. Didn't Nix make it clear that STs only players were going to be weeded out? I think these guys are going to fit the bill and replace the Wendlings/ Bowens of the team.

Whitner is going to be the FS backup/potential Nickel guy. Even with Byrd last season, we had 3 safeties on the field quiet often. Whitner was never fully benched for Byrd Either. Bottom line is he is more valuable to this team than any draft pick trading him would produce. We need to get past this trade Whitner debate until he is in fact traded.