Bills Tender Keith Freaking Ellison

Rzon604

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is a decent cover LBer. We need some bodies to fill our roster. I don't understand the hate for a 6th round pick that has played pretty well for a 6th round pick. Aaron Maybin on the other hand....

Dont underestimate their stupidity.

Considering cover two is a defensive play, and nickle is a formation, you are comparing apples to oranges (as in the defense could play a nickle cover two instead of a base cover two). Its fairly clear to me that you dont know much about football. Ironic how one who knows so little bashes others....for knowing so little...

PS Ellison blows, and our LB play was just as good if not better with Harris/Corto/Buggs in the game. It was much better when B. Scott moved to LB. If this FO lets guys like G. Wilson and B. Scott walk while retaining the infamous Ellison Im just going to snap.

Hallelujah! Someone on this board with a brain!

Even in the year that Ellison started the season he was not the first option for the team......they did not know that Crowell was going to do his thing right before the start of the season.

I have read in the media at some point (perhaps someone can pull that up for reference) that Ellison was not meant to be a starter.

The Dean said it :w00t:

The original poster of that statement said last year Ellison was not supposed to be the opening day starter. That is categorically false. John the Helmet replied with an irrelevancy of what happened two years ago, which was never debated.

Yes, Ellison was an accidental starter two years ago when Crowell got surgery a week before the season started. No one is debating Ellison was an accidental starter two years ago. But the original poster was 100% wrong saying Ellison was an injury replacement last year.

John the Helmet is also wrong in saying that Incognito WAS tendered. That was an article by Patrick Moran stating the Bills wanted to sign G. Wilson long-term, but if they couldn't he WOULD be tendered (which still hasn't happened), and Incognito WAS GOING to be tendered. Reading comprehension is a lost skill, very sad.

John the Helmet is also wrong in saying an article stated that Incognito WAS tendered. That was an article by Patrick Moran stating the Bills wanted to sign G. Wilson long-term, but if they couldn't he WOULD be tendered (which still hasn't happened), and Incognito WAS GOING to be tendered. Reading comprehension is a lost skill, very sad.

So all RFA tenders or deal need to be done today, right?

that'd include Wilson, Incognito, B Scott, Schouman. What they waiting on?

So all RFA tenders or deal need to be done today, right?

that'd include Wilson, Incognito, B Scott, Schouman. What they waiting on?

This is mostly why I'm so pissed Ellison was tendered. You take care of one of the least valuable RFA's, but wait until the last minute to tender Wilson, Incogs, Scott and maybe Schouman? What sense does that make, and what message does it send. 3 hours left to tender players and still no word on if we're going to retain some of the limited number of quality players we have. It just seems like same old stupidity from this team. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't understand what good waiting until the last minute does. When I heard Ellison was the first one tendered, I snapped.

The original poster of that statement said last year Ellison was not supposed to be the opening day starter. That is categorically false. John the Helmet replied with an irrelevancy of what happened two years ago, which was never debated.

Yes, Ellison was an accidental starter two years ago when Crowell got surgery a week before the season started. No one is debating Ellison was an accidental starter two years ago. But the original poster was 100% wrong saying Ellison was an injury replacement last year.

John the Helmet is also wrong in saying that Incognito WAS tendered. That was an article by Patrick Moran stating the Bills wanted to sign G. Wilson long-term, but if they couldn't he WOULD be tendered (which still hasn't happened), and Incognito WAS GOING to be tendered. Reading comprehension is a lost skill, very sad.

So is tact on the boards...also very sad

Relax dude. Its just a strategy. They have no intention of Ellison being on the 53 man roster in September. Teams are not tendering their restricted free agents because they want to keep them. Their only value to their team is "trade value" , and thus posturing to use these players as trade bait. If they don't get what they want in a trade, they will be released.

In Ellison's case, he is highly regarded as a cover linebacker. And, he does have 3 years of NFL starting experience. Someone with a 4-3 defense that needs a linebacker may very well give up a player or 5th or 6th round draft pick.

So, rest assured... Ellison's jersey will be worn by someone else come September.

Despite all the Ellison hate on this board, he is one of the few half-way decent LBs on this team. He does not look like a fit for the 3-4 scheme but why through him away right now? Thanks for the excellent perspective.

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/6495905.php

What a joke. Nice first move of FA, tender a useless 220 pound LB who doesn't fit inside or outside in your scheme. Nice job. This pisses me off so much, I thought we were finally rid of this d.b.

First off, Ellison is better than trend following TSW posters give him credit for. Most people on this board dont have a clue to how to view how he plays and just spout out about he sucks because its the en vogue thing to do. Is he a great LB...no, of course not. But, is he a LB that has value to this team...yes.

In case you missed it, we SORELY lack depth on this team, so how does it make sense to just get rid of everyone like this board seems to want to do? We lack even more depth at LB where ever year we have players who down with injury. Ellison had a decent year and is good player to have around until we have someone better in place to replace him. But we cant just cut 50% of the team and expect to upgrade every spot.

Letting Ellison walk makes no sense. I am sure we will sign someone in FA, draft a LB, or both to help our LB corp out. But until then, Ellison still has value to this team and isnt as bad as this board likes to make him out to be.

What a joke. Nice first move of FA, tender a useless 220 pound LB who doesn't fit inside or outside in your scheme. Nice job. This pisses me off so much, I thought we were finally rid of this d.b.

Why get yourself upset? The season starts in September. You don't know what their plans are. Bottom line

is the guy has experience. Plays hard and can tackle pretty well. Someone who runs a 3-4 might want him

and give a pick for him. If not, he could be released OR he could be one of those special teams guys that

make the team every year. Calm down. It's not as deep as you make it out to be.

As long as they will keep him for depth and not as a starter, it isn't a bad move. Did he piss in your Wheaties or something? He hasn't been that bad, and to call him a d.b. which I am guessing is a dirtbag or another type of bag involving female hygiene? WTF?

This is mostly why I'm so pissed Ellison was tendered. You take care of one of the least valuable RFA's, but wait until the last minute to tender Wilson, Incogs, Scott and maybe Schouman? What sense does that make, and what message does it send. 3 hours left to tender players and still no word on if we're going to retain some of the limited number of quality players we have. It just seems like same old stupidity from this team. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't understand what good waiting until the last minute does. When I heard Ellison was the first one tendered, I snapped.

Have you considered that they could be going down to the last minute with some of the guys you mentioned because they are still trying to work out a long term deal? Then they could use that tender on a different player. Say they sign Wilson. Now you can use the 2nd round tender on Incognito, lets say. But if no long term deal is in effect you give Wilson the 2nd round tender, which they did.

And listen, just because people seem to like Icongnito does not mean Nix likes him. And because Nix might not like him doesn't make him wrong. Maybe there's some reason behind the scenes that makes him someone the team doesn't want. Or maybe they feel they can do better. Or maybe he will be brought back. There's still time to do it. Everybody needs to calm down.

Have you considered that they could be going down to the last minute with some of the guys you mentioned because they are still trying to work out a long term deal? Then they could use that tender on a different player. Say they sign Wilson. Now you can use the 2nd round tender on Incognito, lets say. But if no long term deal is in effect you give Wilson the 2nd round tender, which they did.

And listen, just because people seem to like Icongnito does not mean Nix likes him. And because Nix might not like him doesn't make him wrong. Maybe there's some reason behind the scenes that makes him someone the team doesn't want. Or maybe they feel they can do better. Or maybe he will be brought back. There's still time to do it. Everybody needs to calm down.

You seem to be very confused. There's no limit on the number of tenders the team can extend. Even if a player is tendered they can still reach a long-term agreement.

I bet the Colts would like him as a cheap replacement for Gary Brackett.

Gary Brackett is an inside linebacker. Ellison could not replace him, he is strictly a weakside LB. Can anyone make a coherent point here?