T-Jack

NoSaint

3rd round tender

Modest contract, and near promise to start lure him to sign here.

3rd rounder and poison pill to make Vikings pass.

Do you do it?

I haven't seen enough of him to make a strong call either way.

If forced to declare, I say yes. Would be cheap and an upgrade. I could EASILY be swayed though!

There are better QBs to be had with our 3rd.

suggestion you have in mind??

I think you could potentially get a bigger impact player but would be hardpressed to find a better qb there... but again - I have only seen so much of him playing. I'm just highly skeptical of pretty much anything after Bradford this year.

3rd round tender

Do you do it?

If forced to declare, I say yes. Would be cheap and an upgrade. I could EASILY be swayed though!

hmmmmm..... a 3rd rd pick or JP Losman's black cousin ummmmm, I'll keep my 3rd rd pick thanks.

I'd do this in a heatbeat. Tavaris started kindof slow in Minnesota, but in 2008 he had 9 TDs and 2picks and 1 TD and 0 picks last year backing up St. Brett. 21 and 18 lifetime. His QB rating has gone up each year he's been in the league. 95.8 in 2008 in 9 games. Can escape pressure which is a plus for Buffalo next year. I'm for improving our QB position next year even if not getting the "franchise" guy. I think Tavaris could be an improvement. For a 3rd rounder, he'd be worth it.

Buddy, get 'er dun.

Was wondering how long it would take for someone to start clamoring for another unproven commodity like Jackson...

Wow, if that was clamoring.... It must get painful to read the rest of the board. I stated his tender, his cost, and that if forced to pick a side I would say take a shot but that I didn't really know him well.

My other post was an indictment on the qb class and had little to do with him.

If I'm his campaign manager her has trouble coming his way.

I'd do this in a heatbeat. Tavaris started kindof slow in Minnesota, but in 2008 he had 9 TDs and 2picks and 1 TD and 0 picks last year backing up St. Brett. 21 and 18 lifetime. His QB rating has gone up each year he's been in the league. 95.8 in 2008 in 9 games. Can escape pressure which is a plus for Buffalo next year. I'm for improving our QB position next year even if not getting the "franchise" guy. I think Tavaris could be an improvement. For a 3rd rounder, he'd be worth it.

Buddy, get 'er dun.

I'd give up a number one for Kyle Orton. He's not flashy or sexy, but can play. 21 TDs and 12 picks last year. Just a solid QB. He's only 27 and will only get better. Could settle the QB spot for a while while we build around him.

Buddy, get 'er dun.

It's sad how mediocre/crappy QBs can so easily be interchanged---and seem so atteractive.

3rd round tender

Do you do it?

!@#$ no! One of the best OL's, best RB in the game, good WR's and the assclown STILL isn't worth a ****??? come on guys THINK!!!!!

Dan LeFevour! :w00t:

http://www.nfl.com/players/tarvarisjackson...le?id=JAC566507

I say no but for a 5th round pick ok.

Bruce Gradkowski stats for 2009

132 attempts 77 completions 54.5% comp pct 854 yds 6.5 yds per attemp, this looks good

2nd round tender. The Raiders don't want him. I saw the guy against Denver last year, looked really good. Is mobile. Trade Lynch for him.

132 attempts 77 completions 54.5% comp pct 854 yds 6.5 yds per attemp, this looks good

2nd round tender. The Raiders don't want him. I saw the guy against Denver last year, looked really good. Is mobile. Trade Lynch for him.

:w00t:

Actually NFL.com is showing him at 6 TDs 3 picks 82 for 150 and 1007 yards 6.0 yds per attemp.

Even better.

Actually NFL.com is showing him at 6 TDs 3 picks 82 for 150 and 1007 yards 6.0 yds per attemp.

Even better.

Not saying I'd do it, just correcting the record.

Was wondering how long it would take for someone to start clamoring for another unproven commodity like Jackson...

Hold on a second there, in Jackson's last 4 games with meaningful playing time, which includes 3 starts (which came after he took the starting job from Gus Frerotte in 2008, who was handed the job after Jackson went out with an injury), he went 3-1 (3 of those games were against 2008 playoff teams in Arizona, Atlanta, and NYG) and posted the following total stat line:

57/89 (64%), 740 yds, 8 TDs, 1 INT, 8.31 YPA, 116.58 average QB rating

http://www.nfl.com/players/tarvarisjackson...amp;season=2008

He was really starting to turn it on toward the close of 2008...I don't think it'd be all that bad a move...he's certainly no more risky than a 3rd round pick IMO.

Even better.

Sorry guys but those numbers are absolutely brutal. Trent Edwards' YPA for 2009 was 6.4, his completion percentage was 60.7%...which one of them is captain checkdown again?

Sorry guys but those numbers are absolutely brutal. Trent Edwards' YPA for 2009 was 6.4, his completion percentage was 60.7%...which one of them is captain checkdown again?

The difference is in 7 games Gradkowski was 6 TDs vs 3 picks. In 8 games, Trent was 6 TDs vs 7 picks.

Again, I'm not advocating this.

If we're not going to draft a QB and want to pick a decent vet, I think TJack would be a good way to go. Not the best, but good still.

LOL, I love how you guys can look at a stretch of 4 games and say the kid is improved and ready to start full-time. Jumping to those conclusions with Losman and Edwards have sunk this team. Now you'd be ok with them doing it again because the kid had some hype at draft time a few years ago and has played a couple good games?