Massa likes to tickle other dudes

I was listening on and off, and Massa really sounds like a dumbass. Then Beck closes it with "America, I'm sorry. I've wasted your time." :wallbash:

I know little of Beck but that's funny.

Massa comes across as a kid who got shoved into a locker a lot.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know little of Beck but that's funny.

I started listening to Beck on occasion just because of all the crap he was getting from the left, and I think I'm starting to understand why the left hates him so much: he does the one thing the left can't fight -- he poisons their argumentative well by readily admitting and displaying up front any and all points that may be used to debunk him. It starts with "here's why Bush screwed up with his reckless spending, wars, etc.," and at one point, during the Van Jones stuff, fessed up some of his worst personal secrets so the DailyKos, Olbermann crowds couldn't go after him. He's a recovering alcoholic who I one day heard admit "I once fired a guy for bringing me the wrong pencil." :unsure:

He's not a GOP apologist, and he personifies the growing movement of people in the country who have simply been politically asleep for years, picking an ® or a (D) on the ballot and going about their business, while he simultaneously readily admits, "Look, I'm not sure if this is right or that is right, but I know what I THINK is right based on all the research I'm doing on the subject."

There's a lot of "think for yourself, don't blindly believe what the other side says," but if I had to wager a guess as to why the left really, really hates him, it's because of the phone he keeps on the stage by his desk. It's a phone he put in specifically for anyone at the WH to call him and correct anything he may be misrepresenting on his show. He explains that he made sure that the WH has and knows the number; then he goes off on whatever topic he's discussing at the time, dismantling the Obama WH for all the gooey underbelly stuff they do, and wanders over to the phone, starts with "If I'm wrong, all they have to do is call," before picking up the phone to ensure it has a dial tone, followed by something like "Yep, still working. No calls. I must be telling the truth."

It's funny. For a while. Then it's old. Like most of the political talking heads out there.

I tried watching Beck once, and didn't last to the first commercial break.

That said, Massa is turning out to be a Grade-A loon. The latest, going back to his Navy days:

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archiv...vy-files/37309/

Yeah, one listen to one of his interviews and it's clear he's way way out there.

BTW, you've been lurking around here a lot lately. Please don't. This place needs no touch of class.

Yeah, one listen to one of his interviews and it's clear he's way way out there.

BTW, you've been lurking around here a lot lately. Please don't. This place needs no touch of class.

I like having Lori here. Between the raving idiots, and those of us who mock the raving idiots, it's nice to have someone who doesn't fall in either category.

At least occasionally. When she's not clinging to her guns and liquor...

I like having Lori here. Between the raving idiots, and those of us who mock the raving idiots, it's nice to have someone who doesn't fall in either category.

Religion. It's religion smack in the middle of the Land of God

I gotta quote this one so Conner sees it. Tom made a mistake

The quote was guns and religion. As a former Pennsyltuckyian I can honestly say that we don't cling to liquor, but it does keep us warm at night

The quote was guns and religion. As a former Pennsyltuckyian I can honestly say that we don't cling to liquor, but it does keep us warm at night

Speak for yourself.

Lori is a journalist, so I'm pretty sure she clings to her liquor.

This...

Lori is a journalist, so I'm pretty sure she clings to her liquor.

Honest mistake on my part, really. :rolleyes:

Mark Schmidt... Go:

maybe not ppp worthy.

To get the thread back on topic, Schmidt could probably win an election for Massa's Congressional seat right now. Good times in the RC last night ...

• 1 month later...