bradford rumor ?

bkc

Ya know, we still haven't seen Bradford do anything, nothing, we see him stand from the shotgun and throw lofting bombs downfield and touch throws with little to no pressure, and when he has been pressured he didn't handle it well (nat'l champ game) or he gets sacked and hurt. He is no doubt a talented player, but he hasn't really dealt with any adverse situations very well. We have no clue where his arm strength is, maybe he doesnt have the arm to throw in Bufalo. To me, bradford is the guy that could be very very good, but he's such a big question mark, IDK if I would be ok with taking bradford. he could be matt ryan or matt leinart and i'm not sure which

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean gailey has shown he doesn't mind his qb being in a shotgun. Also, is it more then one injury in his history or did he rush back for his teammates and get knocked out because it was too early?

I'm not a huge fan, just trying to play it honest in evaluations.

I mean gailey has shown he doesn't mind his qb being in a shotgun. Also, is it more then one injury in his history or did he rush back for his teammates and get knocked out because it was too early?

I'm not a huge fan, just trying to play it honest in evaluations.

there's a difference in some work out of the shotgun and 90%, bradford played in the spread just like all the other top Qb's in this draft aside from clausen, so if there are questions about the others adjusting to the prostlye, they should be applied equally to bradford, thats all im saying

If we are moving to the number 2 spot, take one of the DTs. But I hope (and pretty sure we wont) we are not moving up. That would be stupid.

It's not going to happen and money is the reason. No way Ralph makes a rookie DT the highest paid player at the position. The franchise number for a DT is $7,000,000 per. The 2nd pick in the draft is looking at at least $11,000,000.

It's one of the reasons the Rams are seriously considering Bradford. The number makes a hell of a lot more sense for a QB.

The NFL really needs to fix the draft.

The Lions are reportedly holding out hope that the Rams take a defensive tackle at No. 1, so they can deal the No. 2 pick to the Browns or Bills.

Both teams are believed to be intrigued by the idea of moving ahead of the Redskins to select a quarterback, likely Sam Bradford. The Lions are also hesitant to guarantee over $30 million to one player after dolling out $40 million to Matthew Stafford last year.

fox sports

I just read on the same site as the link above that the Rams are leaning towards McCoy with their first pick...If this is so

then Detroit would probably take Suh ! But if for some reason they did trade that pick to us (Bills) I would choose Suh over any QB this year. I would still think it was a unusually bold and expensive move for the Bills and would be surprised for them to move up to the number slot in the 1st round. I would be just as happy if Buffalo choose Bradford as I think they need to get a QB they believe in and a franchise QB that they have lacked for several years. It should be an interesting draft and maybe the Bills will do the unexpected as so far it's been a dull coaching change with dull roster moves. I think the Bills are going to have to do something big somewhere along the line if they want to keep their seats full at the Ralph.

This just may be the ticket to punch to do that...but then you have to wonder if the Bills would put a rookie QB in as a starter right off the bat? There definitely is a desperate need to upgrade the Offensive Line and especially L OT Immediately! If it means otherwise keeping the 3 blind mice that we currently have as QB's then I am 1oo percent for drafting a QB in the first and picking up an older experienced QB in free agency in order to mentor a young QB like Sam Bradford or Clausen, or Lefeveor...etc.. The part that makes me wonder if this is a possiblity is the pricetag!! $ 40,000,000

Plus for a QB with no NFL experience that would be a unique concept for Ralph Wilson to swallow!

I just read on the same site as the link above that the Rams are leaning towards McCoy with their first pick...If this is so

then Detroit would probably take Suh ! But if for some reason they did trade that pick to us (Bills) I would choose Suh over any QB this year. I would still think it was a unusually bold and expensive move for the Bills and would be surprised for them to move up to the number slot in the 1st round. I would be just as happy if Buffalo choose Bradford as I think they need to get a QB they believe in and a franchise QB that they have lacked for several years. It should be an interesting draft and maybe the Bills will do the unexpected as so far it's been a dull coaching change with dull roster moves. I think the Bills are going to have to do something big somewhere along the line if they want to keep their seats full at the Ralph.

This just may be the ticket to punch to do that...but then you have to wonder if the Bills would put a rookie QB in as a starter right off the bat? There definitely is a desperate need to upgrade the Offensive Line and especially L OT Immediately! If it means otherwise keeping the 3 blind mice that we currently have as QB's then I am 1oo percent for drafting a QB in the first and picking up an older experienced QB in free agency in order to mentor a young QB like Sam Bradford or Clausen, or Lefeveor...etc.. The part that makes me wonder if this is a possiblity is the pricetag!! $ 40,000,000

Plus for a QB with no NFL experience that would be a unique concept for Ralph Wilson to swallow!

I thought suh was more of a 4-3 guy

I think there will be either an LT or a QB there. All the teams that need a QB also need a LT. I am thinking there is a good chance at least one of them falls to us. I mean, I can't see three OTs and 2 QBs going with the first 8 picks when there are 2 elite DTs in there as well. I am sure someone is going to fall to us.

I Agree on both points , build the o line first, but if Buddy loves the guy then let get it done

Problem is, moving from 9 to 2 almost certainly would cost their 2nd and possibly 3rd this year and

maybe next year's first also. If so, I think that is too steep for either Bradford or Clausen.

Prove it. Show me anything that says Ralph won't pay. Show me where Nix won't pull the trigger and move up.

If we had to rely on just the draft to get all our needs, than we will be waiting a while. Personally, I'd like to see them take an OT first, NT second and then LeFevour, but I dont see LeFevour getting to the third round. So Free agency is where we will look at one of the OT's we will need, then linebacker. I'm hoping we resign Incognito. This will give the Bills enough guys up front to focus on the NT and the QB. Incognito is the key, if he does not resign than we will be going OT first. I think it will take some balls to move up and grab Bradford. and we all know The Bills don't have any. It will cost a lot of money to do that. and I don't see them spending that either. It would be exciting watching the Bills move up and take Bradford. If we dont do it, I am sure someone else will.

If we had to rely on just the draft to get all our needs, than we will be waiting a while. Personally, I'd like to see them take an OT first, NT second and then LeFevour, but I dont see LeFevour getting to the third round. So Free agency is where we will look at one of the OT's we will need, then linebacker. I'm hoping we resign Incognito. This will give the Bills enough guys up front to focus on the NT and the QB. Incognito is the key, if he does not resign than we will be going OT first. I think it will take some balls to move up and grab Bradford. and we all know The Bills don't have any. It will cost a lot of money to do that. and I don't see them spending that either. It would be exciting watching the Bills move up and take Bradford. If we dont do it, I am sure someone else will.

Why is Incognito the key?

Thank you. Personally, I wouldn't want this to happen since it would most likely cost draft picks and we need them all, but if Nix really likes Bradford then I'll trust him. We better get a good LT in FA then if that's the route we are going to take, unless we want to get our guy in the 2nd.

From Rotoworld;

Antonio Cromartie-DB - Chargers Mar. 1 - 8:02 pm et

Citing a league source, Lions beat writer Tom Kowalski reports that a trade sending Antonio Cromartie to Detroit is now "highly unlikely."

It appears Detroit balked when San Diego asked for Maurice Morris. The Lions have reportedly "opted to move in a different direction." Though Morris is a replacement-level back, he is versed in OC Scott Linehan's scheme and showed the ability to perform at a high level in spot duty with 126 yards and a touchdown on 17 carries against the Cardinals in Week 15 last year. Morris would also be the Lions' every-down back if the season started today.

The Bills might be able to get the Lions pick by trading their first and ML to the Lions. The Lions could then give up Maurice Morris to help them get AC. That's the only way I can see this playing out. If Buffalo gives up a slew of DP's to the Lions I'll be really PO'd.