bradford rumor ?

bkc

Thank you. Personally, I wouldn't want this to happen since it would most likely cost draft picks and we need them all, but if Nix really likes Bradford then I'll trust him. We better get a good LT in FA then if that's the route we are going to take, unless we want to get our guy in the 2nd.

Please tell me when you have ever seen this happen with any team.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No way Ralph approves moving up and paying that kind of money to anyone....especially a rookie QB.

Bingo. Spot on. Not wanting to pay #2 coin is one thing, but it also belies the reality that he's not worth the 9th pick either.

Bradford is going to be selected by the Rams with the first pick. As someone here had mentioned, it makes absolutely no sense for a team without a QB to draft a DT at #1. First off, QB is the most important position in football. Secondly, the contract size alone dictates it goes to the QB position if one is there and there is a great need for one.

So for all the Bills fans worrying one way or the other, Bradford will be gone before the Lions pick. BTW, if he were to be passed over by the Rams, I'd hope the Bills do pony up the picks/players to get him. This team has gone long enough without a franchise QB and if it takes next years #1 and a player or a mid round pick, then so be it. Get er done and let true hope be restored in Bills nation.

moving up to the #2 spot from #9 I believe.. will cost us our 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th round picks based on the point system...but that probably won't happen, so what they'll want is our 1st and 2nd this year, and like another 1st next year.

i like bradford, but no thanks.

Prove it. Show me anything that says Ralph won't pay. Show me where Nix won't pull the trigger and move up.

I think Ralph would pay the cash and would OK the Deal if Nix and Gailey asked for it...

The thing is...Nix is from the Polian/Butler/Smith tree... And their philosophy has never really been to make the big Trade up...Polian made the deal for Biscuit and gave a way a TON, but he already had the QB and a heck of a lot more in place. Smith Traded down for Rivers...Butler went for Tomlinson/Brees in a Trade down instead of staying put and Drafting Vick...PS...How good does that Trade look today?...lol...

So while there is no proof The Bills will not Trade up...I would be VERY surprised if they did. Given who Nix has worked with in the past and the many, many, many Needs this Team has currently, it would be quite the shocker to say the least... <_<

If we had to rely on just the draft to get all our needs, than we will be waiting a while. Personally, I'd like to see them take an OT first, NT second and then LeFevour, but I dont see LeFevour getting to the third round. So Free agency is where we will look at one of the OT's we will need, then linebacker. I'm hoping we resign Incognito. This will give the Bills enough guys up front to focus on the NT and the QB. Incognito is the key, if he does not resign than we will be going OT first. I think it will take some balls to move up and grab Bradford. and we all know The Bills don't have any. It will cost a lot of money to do that. and I don't see them spending that either. It would be exciting watching the Bills move up and take Bradford. If we dont do it, I am sure someone else will.

umm, Incognito is a guard, so unless you think Levitre is (permanently) moving to OT, your analysis is off. Also Nix and Gailey have both said that you build a team through the draft and use mid-range FAs to fill the holes. Lastly, it's really hard and expensive to find good OTs in FA, so not sure how that's gonna work either.

Prove it. Show me anything that says Ralph won't pay. Show me where Nix won't pull the trigger and move up.

The closer it comes to the draft the more apparent it is that the Rams will draft Bradford with their first pick. They are coming to the realization that their best chance of getting the critical franchise qb is by taking the plunge now and doing it while they are in position to do it. Last year they passed on drafting Sanchez. I don't think they will do it again with this upcoming draft.

If the Rams are going to pay #1 money then it is reasonable that they will use that money to secure the most important position on the roster. Would the Bills still trade up with Detroit if they had the opportunity to do so? I don't think they would for the chance to get Clausen, especially if there might be a chance that he might be available when our draft turn comes up.

Please tell me when you have ever seen this happen with any team.

Sorry if you didn't catch that hint of sarcasm. I know how hard that will be, that is why I want the Bills to stay put and draft their LT.

The Bills might be able to get the Lions pick by trading their first and ML to the Lions. The Lions could then give up Maurice Morris to help them get AC. That's the only way I can see this playing out. If Buffalo gives up a slew of DP's to the Lions I'll be really PO'd.

I would be PO'd as well. I just really don't like the notion of moving up, but that's me.