Give Trent Edwards a chance

Nasty

First time post here. I personnally liked TE as our quarterback. Better then Fitzpatrick. Better then Losman. Better then anyone we can get in a draft this year. Our problem is just keeping him upright to make the throw. His accuracy is good and when he did have time to throw over the middle and down field he wasn't affraid. For instance during the Redskins game two years ago at the end of the game when he needed to make a throw downfield and had time he was money. Another example was the Jacksonville game when he had another fourth quarter game winning drive at the end. He is a good quarter back to me just not coached properly and no line. He was loved in 08 until the Cardnials game where he had his first concussion. That to me is when he got scared. Then he went through the hole training camp last year to have his coordinator dumped right before the season and had a new OC. If he had any consistant coaching he would be a stud now. For that matter I think Losman would have panned out to if it wasn't for sorry coaching. With Loseman they tried to make him a pocket quarterback. To me he should have used his legs more. But I still like Edwards better. We really need to concentrate on our lines Offensive and Defensive this year. Go Bills!!

He's fragile and frightened. He's had a few chances. Time to move on.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First time post here. Then he went through the hole training camp last year to have his coordinator dumped right before the season and had a new OC. If he had any consistant coaching he would be a stud now. For that matter I think Losman would have panned out to if it wasn't for sorry coaching. With Loseman they tried to make him a pocket quarterback. To me he should have used his legs more.

Sounds similar to whan Losman was first going down before Edwards was drafted. We haven't had consistent coaching in over ten years.

The problem is that he hasn't been close to that quaterback since he got his head scrabbled .

Did you see the home opener vs. Tampa Bay this year? Trent had a great game. As he did 2 weeks after the concussion against San Diego and again against KC last year (about 8 weeks after concussion). I'm not buying it.

Of the 3 QBs who played this year, Fitz was the best. Sucks, but still better than those 2 other stiffs. If we can't find someone better, Fitz' the Man.

First time post here. I personnally liked TE as our quarterback. Better then Fitzpatrick. Better then Losman. Better then anyone we can get in a draft this year. Our problem is just keeping him upright to make the throw. His accuracy is good and when he did have time to throw over the middle and down field he wasn't affraid. For instance during the Redskins game two years ago at the end of the game when he needed to make a throw downfield and had time he was money. Another example was the Jacksonville game when he had another fourth quarter game winning drive at the end. He is a good quarter back to me just not coached properly and no line. He was loved in 08 until the Cardnials game where he had his first concussion. That to me is when he got scared. Then he went through the hole training camp last year to have his coordinator dumped right before the season and had a new OC. If he had any consistant coaching he would be a stud now. For that matter I think Losman would have panned out to if it wasn't for sorry coaching. With Loseman they tried to make him a pocket quarterback. To me he should have used his legs more. But I still like Edwards better. We really need to concentrate on our lines Offensive and Defensive this year. Go Bills!!

All I had to read was "Give Trent Edwards a chance" and your first line of your blog and I stopped and had all I could do from puking on myself! I normally write long blogs like yours but I think I will vomit and die and I have to watch a third season of Trent Edwards playing checkdown, not being able to sense the defensive rush swarming around him, looking directly at the receiver he is looking for which results in more interceptions, getting injured all the time and concussions because he can't sense pressure, not going for the open receiver downfield, not being able to play in cold weather, rainy weather, foggy weather, hot weather, snowy weather, loud conditions, away games, etc.....I could go on, but just why should we go with Trent Edwards???? Oh you like his haircut and how he politely replies after countless losses that he will have to review the tape of the play or game to see exactly what happened? I will tell you what happened, He sucked !! :thumbsup:

Trent is a proven loser. Enough said.

Did you see the home opener vs. Tampa Bay this year? Trent had a great game. As he did 2 weeks after the concussion against San Diego and again against KC last year (about 8 weeks after concussion). I'm not buying it.

Of the 3 QBs who played this year, Fitz was the best. Sucks, but still better than those 2 other stiffs. If we can't find someone better, Fitz' the Man.

Can't stand Edwards, Don't know Brohm, and Fitzy was inconsistent with some bright moments. So he is the lesser of 3 evils in my book. I really hate the idea of this thread and have to run to the bathroom and puke! I am so sick of

Edward Pisser Hands being one of our QB's !!! :thumbsup:

Like it or not, unless we draft one of the two top QBs next month, Trent Edwards will probably be under center come September.

I don't think so. Even if we go in to the season with same 3 guys we have now, I think Brohm will beat out Edwards.

The only guy on our squad worthy of getting a shot to win the starting job is Brohm. Trent literally has not had a good year of football since his days in High School. His college numbers were modest (if even that) at best and his NFL performance has been dismal given the amount of weapons he has.

Fitz, well he provided a spark, but it wasnt much better, he just seemed to have more confidence to sling the ball downfield. He has the makings of a decent #2, and thats about it from what I have seen of him.

Brohm, has a lot of upside but is still a question mark given how little time he has been here and not yet getting a chance to play in the NFL. We wont get a better idea until we get to camp and he is given a chance to play, but as of today, he has a lot of upside and is a much more intriguing option than another year of Trent or Fitz.

We could draft a guy, I seriously doubt we draft one in the first 2 rounds though, but he wont be ready to take the reigns likely by week 1. So, I think the FO looks to bring in a Vet to challenge for the job, or even steer the ship for a season while they try and develop Brohm (assuming he shows them enough) or some other young mid round draft pick this year.

Trents biggest problem too is that he seems to do more in practice than in games...thats a bad sign

I thought we'd already given him a chance? I think I gave him about 20 chances, then he came out and admitted he wasn't a fan, and then fell on his sword in the Tennessee game.

No thanks. I regret my supporting him over JP. If we had given JP half as many chances, there is a chance we wouldn't be QB shopping.

So, as far as Trent goes....no, no, and !@#$ no.

Unless there really is a concerted effort going on by the front office to reduce payroll, I don't see any reason to get rid of Edwards before he has a chance to earn the starting job in training camp. Early on, Edwards showed that he had the ability to play very well. At this point I have basically no faith that he's going to be able to get his mojo back, but I don't see any reason to deny him the opportunity.

You're being very generous to refer to Trent's performance at any time in his career as having "mojo."

For some reason I'd think of "mojo" as resulting in more than 11 passing TDs in one's very best season. What's happened since means that a very cautious caretaker QB, one who might win you games with a great defense, is now toast. Let it go.

By the way, Losman sucks, and yet he produced our last 300 yard game and our last 3,000 yard passing season. He also had a season where he had 19 passing TDs. I can't imagine Trent staying out of the infirmary long enough or mustering the courage onfield to get 15.

Edwards is a solid QB between the 20s. Too bad one has to score points to win a football game.

3rd and 1 at the 20 for the Bills...

False start

False start

False start

False start

3rd and 21 at the 40 for the Bills...

Nobody in motion, Edwards takes the snap, 3 step drop, checkdown pass to Jackson, tackled immediately for a 15 yard loss. Wait, the officials are going to give the Bills a better spot for a 16 yard loss. :thumbsup:

he sucks so bad i forgot to write it. i thought everyone knew

The only guy on our squad worthy of getting a shot to win the starting job is Brohm. Trent literally has not had a good year of football since his days in High School. His college numbers were modest (if even that) at best and his NFL performance has been dismal given the amount of weapons he has.

Fitz, well he provided a spark, but it wasnt much better, he just seemed to have more confidence to sling the ball downfield. He has the makings of a decent #2, and thats about it from what I have seen of him.

Brohm, has a lot of upside but is still a question mark given how little time he has been here and not yet getting a chance to play in the NFL. We wont get a better idea until we get to camp and he is given a chance to play, but as of today, he has a lot of upside and is a much more intriguing option than another year of Trent or Fitz.

We could draft a guy, I seriously doubt we draft one in the first 2 rounds though, but he wont be ready to take the reigns likely by week 1. So, I think the FO looks to bring in a Vet to challenge for the job, or even steer the ship for a season while they try and develop Brohm (assuming he shows them enough) or some other young mid round draft pick this year.

Trents biggest problem too is that he seems to do more in practice than in games...thats a bad sign

I can not +1 enough. Everything here makes all the sense in the world. Trent is a mess. once a year he craps out a competent game--at no point has he shown the leadership or (to be uncouth) the balls to lead a professional football team. Brohm I have no real opinion on. Fitz is exciting at best and terrible at worst. he provides a spark but no consistency. He should be kept as our #2. It's pretty obvious that Chan needs to build an offense around the specific skills of the long term solution behind center. They going to create an offense that demands Freddy to run the last 20 yards 3-4 times a game? Trent has long outlived his usefulness,

He's already got a chance. All we can do is pull for him or against him. I pull for pretty much anyone in a Bills uniform.

Better than Losman and Fitz....WELL I"M SOLD!!!