Tony Pike 225 lb

The biggest knock on him in the forums was his weight, but Tony Pike weighed in at the Scouting Combine at 225lb, and said he wanted to get to 230lb by his pro day. Does this change anyone's opinions about drafting him?

It was rumored that Pike weighed around 99 lbs during this past season - has anyone checked him for the juice that Maybin took to put on weight?! :unsure:

Jeff Owens a DT from Georgia, can bench press Tony Pike 44 times. Sorry for the random thought but it popped into my head after looking over some of the combine numbers. This thought then turned into what "Thunderlips" did to Rocky in Rocky part 3.

I'd like to see Tony Pike gain some weight.

Direct quote from the overview on pike today: "Showed decent arm strength, but was very inconsistent, longer passes fluttered, overall an inconsistent showing"

No the weight gain didnt do anything for me, Bradford coming in at 236 was nice to see, but since he won't be around #9, its a moot point.

Direct quote from the overview on pike today: "Showed decent arm strength, but was very inconsistent, longer passes fluttered, overall an inconsistent showing"

No the weight gain didnt do anything for me, Bradford coming in at 236 was nice to see, but since he won't be around #9, its a moot point.

I liked everything about this dude all year except for his unbelievable inconsistency. But he's raw, has the stature we needs, and if CG is the QB's genius he's touted to be, we should be ok with this guy.

Me too; the guy has fewer question marks and presents less risk than getting a Bradford or Clausen at 9.

Watching him play all his games, I still see him as a 3rd round pick. I think Reedy's observations in the link in my previous post is pretty accurate.

Perhaps he might go higher - depends on the individual team, of course.

I liked everything about this dude all year except for his unbelievable inconsistency. But he's raw, has the stature we needs, and if CG is the QB's genius he's touted to be, we should be ok with this guy.

Who's touting CG as a "QB genius"?

Jeff Owens a DT from Georgia, can bench press Tony Pike 44 times. Sorry for the random thought but it popped into my head after looking over some of the combine numbers. This thought then turned into what "Thunderlips" did to Rocky in Rocky part 3.

I'd like to see Tony Pike gain some weight.

Ive known Jeff since he was 12 years old. His brother was on the team with me all 4 years. He was a little butterball but turned out to be one hell of a player. He used to be the towel and water boy during games. And now he can be playing in the NFL, thats wild. It was sad to see hm tear his ACL a few years ago, I believe it was the first game of the year too. Glad he rebounded.