Darren Sproles not tendered

I love Sproles as a change of pace weapon. What would he be looking to get paid though? He would be a nice return man as well.

I don't think he'd be all that expensive which is why Sd non tendered him. Teams won't over pay for a 1.5 down RB when they have shown that they don't pay for 3 down backs, they'll just draft one.

The better question is who is the better 3rd down back right now. Sproles or LT. I'd love LT in a limited role. he's not going to carry the mail anymore but for 5-10 touches a game he's still got value, esp as a receiver.

I don't think he'd be all that expensive which is why Sd non tendered him. Teams won't over pay for a 1.5 down RB when they have shown that they don't pay for 3 down backs, they'll just draft one.

The better question is who is the better 3rd down back right now. Sproles or LT. I'd love LT in a limited role. he's not going to carry the mail anymore but for 5-10 touches a game he's still got value, esp as a receiver.

Personally, I like Sproles a little better for Buffalo. He adds a dynamic that this team doesn't have and his special teams value would be a nice bonus. LT does have some left in his tank but I don't see how he could get 5-10 touches a game with Lynch and Jackson ahead of him. I'm guessing Lynch is staying of course. If Lynch goes though, LT would make sense.

Sproles is so explosive and does alot of it on his own. Between special teams and 3rd downs, he'd get enough touches to make a difference.

Personally, I like Sproles a little better for Buffalo. He adds a dynamic that this team doesn't have and his special teams value would be a nice bonus. LT does have some left in his tank but I don't see how he could get 5-10 touches a game with Lynch and Jackson ahead of him. I'm guessing Lynch is staying of course. If Lynch goes though, LT would make sense.

Sproles is so explosive and does alot of it on his own. Between special teams and 3rd downs, he'd get enough touches to make a difference.

My whole thought was that Lynch was trade bait for Sd then we need another back and Sproles or LT can be our #2.

trade ML for to SD for a third. Sign Jamal Lewis and Justin Griffin and then draft Toby Gerhart in the third. Allow Justice Hairston to compete in camp too. Thats a strong stable of runners right there. Lewis i would want to touch the ball 7 or 8 times a game to try to hammer the opposition. Slash n Dash Jackson obviously our main weapon, Griffin running it maybe once or twice a game, but catching 3 or 4 passes in the flats, and letting Gerhart lay the hammer down heavy in the second half picking up massive gains. Great winter-ready stable of runners right there.

Im still waiting for someone to explain to me how any of this would be a GOOD thing for the Bills...

-San Diego is the playoff team with the well run front office.

-They have 2 great backs.

-They want to upgrade those backs, and we here think that they would want Lynch.

-If a team like San Diego would be willing to part ways with both of those back for Lynch...

WHY WOULDNT WE JUST KEEP HIM?!?!

trade ML for to SD for a third. Sign Jamal Lewis and Justin Griffin and then draft Toby Gerhart in the third. Allow Justice Hairston to compete in camp too. Thats a strong stable of runners right there. Lewis i would want to touch the ball 7 or 8 times a game to try to hammer the opposition. Slash n Dash Jackson obviously our main weapon, Griffin running it maybe once or twice a game, but catching 3 or 4 passes in the flats, and letting Gerhart lay the hammer down heavy in the second half picking up massive gains. Great winter-ready stable of runners right there.

didnt jamal lewis retire?? anyways, I would trade ML to SD if they want him, then try to pick up sproles

The Bills won't go into the season with four RB's. IIRC, they go in with three RB's a FB.

Im still waiting for someone to explain to me how any of this would be a GOOD thing for the Bills...

-San Diego is the playoff team with the well run front office.

-They have 2 great backs.

-They want to upgrade those backs, and we here think that they would want Lynch.

-If a team like San Diego would be willing to part ways with both of those back for Lynch...

WHY WOULDNT WE JUST KEEP HIM?!?!

His attitude may not work well with Chansaw's vision. Gailey has to come in and change the attitude of this team and getting rid of Lynch wouldn't be a bad idea IMO. If they didn't have Jackson it would be stupid to do so but a RB to backup Jackson can easily be found.

Unless they love that Cason kid they drafted a year or two ago.

Actually I wouldn't mind a duo of Jackson and Sproles here in B-Lo.

LT is extremely washed up. San Diego's insistence on keeping him probably cost them a super bowl appearance this past season.

He has no burst, no speed, no power. It's all gone.

I don't care if he can catch passes if his legs are gone. He has never been the type of back who is nifty in tight spaces like a Thurman Thomas so he doesn't figure to have anything left to offer now that his explosiveness is gone. IMO, he is finished just like Shaun Alexander was finished.

As for Sproles, he is the Roscoe Parrish of running backs. They are still quick and fast, but they both lost a half step last season and that half step was what made them special. Sproles is still an NFL quality contributor(LT is not), but not the special player that played under a tag last year and made something like $4M.