Myron Rolle, Rhodes Scholar questioned at Combine

Beerball

it's a legit concern for a team who may spend a high pick on a guy. It's great that Robert Smith retired and went to med school and that Brad Butler thinks he can be a politician but it screws up a team's long term plan when guys flat out leave football. can't even trade em away for anything...

they were probably more interested in how he responded to being "insulted" than they were with the actual answer. smart questioning.

So the Bucs official tried to paint a Rhodes Scholarship in a negative light? This is what happens when the player is smarter and more mature than the football exec.

I bet he hopes he winds up in the Bucs division just to play them twice per year.

So the Bucs official tried to paint a Rhodes Scholarship in a negative light? This is what happens when the player is smarter and more mature than the football exec.

I bet he hopes he winds up in the Bucs division just to play them twice per year.

not at all

the Bucs official never talked to anyone except Rolle. he asked him a question in a confrontational manner to see how the kid reacted to it. this will tell them how he naturally reacts to being challenged, to being taunted, etc.

it is a very popular interviewing method. just like it is common for an interviewer to ask a question that has many possible answers, and no matter what the interviewee answers, they will say it is wrong. the interviewer doesnt care about getting the correct answer, they want to see how the candidate reacts to being told he is wrong. does he act like a baby? does he continue to argue his point? or does he re-think the entire thing and try to come up with another answer?

there is nothing wrong with what the Bucs official did, and he probably meant nothing personally.

it's an interview for a MULTI-MILLION dollar job. the interview better be challenging.

not at all

the Bucs official never talked to anyone except Rolle. he asked him a question in a confrontational manner to see how the kid reacted to it. this will tell them how he naturally reacts to being challenged, to being taunted, etc.

it is a very popular interviewing method. just like it is common for an interviewer to ask a question that has many possible answers, and no matter what the interviewee answers, they will say it is wrong. the interviewer doesnt care about getting the correct answer, they want to see how the candidate reacts to being told he is wrong. does he act like a baby? does he continue to argue his point? or does he re-think the entire thing and try to come up with another answer?

there is nothing wrong with what the Bucs official did, and he probably meant nothing personally.

it's an interview for a MULTI-MILLION dollar job. the interview better be challenging.

I would assume that the interview portion of the Rhodes Scholarship process was a bit more challenging for the kid.

Rolle and Byrd would be dynamite for years to come.

I just said that a couple days ago...I think that would be an AWESOME safety tandem.

I have been a Myron Rolle fan since he came out of High School in New Jersey.

I believe the hype of that class was Rolle, Videl Hazleton and Percy Harvin.

Hazleton went to USC and was their leading receiver in 2007. After not being used much in '08, he transferred to Cincinnati. I don't think he is eligible for the draft this year...but watch out for his name in year's to come. I think he will be a very good receiver and probably a 1st round pick.

he went to Oxford for a year to study neurosurgery.

:unsure:

"yeah, I went to Oxford and was involved with intensive studies in the field of neurosurgery"... "what did you do Mr. Tampa Bay Bucs, last place team personnel guru?"

"maybe you should draft me to help fix your moribund defensive back corp... when the game is on the line, and the opposing team needs a touchdown, who do you think the fans will be praying to???"

"so, Mr. Last Place man who drafted Gaines Adams... you go home and read your bible...............DENNIS!!!!!" :nana:

"and if you're lucky you can go to St. Petersburg Baptist church and win the annual raffle and draft Josh Morgan Freeman for your quarterback again, but if you're looking for God... he was in room #2 at Oxford University Medical School and he doesn't like to be second-guessed...." :nana:

Rolle and Byrd would be dynamite for years to come.

Huge Myron Rolle fan, but he was an average safety at FSU and I don't think he will be anything exceptional at the next level. That said, I hope the kid gets to live his NFL dream and then goes on to develop a cure for cancer or something. He's a class act all the way -- but not worth a high pick.

Huge Myron Rolle fan, but he was an average safety at FSU and I don't think he will be anything exceptional at the next level. That said, I hope the kid gets to live his NFL dream and then goes on to develop a cure for cancer or something. He's a class act all the way -- but not worth a high pick.

Rolle didn't put up the numbers down here, but he did make an impact. And lots of times teams simply avoided him and attacked weaker parts of the defense.

That being said, rolle's biggest problems are that he's a safety/LB tweener in reagrds to size and speed, and his hips are a bit stiff. Still, a hell of a player and a hell of a guy (he worked in my collaborator's biochem lab when i was in grad school), and you can't go wrong with a guy like him on your team. I'd guess a late 3rd/early 4th round would be the time to take him.

not at all

I agree,

I heard Brian Billick in an interview the other day and he said that players are so prepared by agents today for the interviews a team is wise to throw in questions that can't be anticipated. This was not about the answer as much as the reaction.

he went to Oxford for a year to study neurosurgery.

:rolleyes:

Has there ever been a player/team doctor before? :angry: