I need to Vent;I hate the State of Pennsylvania

plenzmd1

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Washington is looking at selling all it's state run liquor stores to raise money. I think it's a great idea.

It seems very old-fashioned (state run liquor stores)... then Pennsylvania kind of runs things that way. The majority of the COMMONWEALTH :P tunes into Lawrence Welk every Saturday evening... as does Cheektowaga and pockets of the Tonawandas.

;)

It seems very old-fashioned (state run liquor stores)... then Pennsylvania kind of runs things that way. The majority of the COMMONWEALTH :P tunes into Lawrence Welk every Saturday evening... as does Cheektowaga and pockets of the Tonawandas.

;)

I hate to admit it but I've found myself tuning in to Lawrence Welk every now and then.

Actually, I may have mis-stated the real AKA of Mexican Polka. While Norteño has a lot of Polka influence (as you can hear from the links above), I think Banda is really close to Polka, overall:

One good thing about the highest real estate taxes in the country living in NJ, is that you can do 90 on the highways, and not be bothered. they don't sweat the traffic ticket income like other states. if you do get pulled over, its usually a warning.

One good thing about the highest real estate taxes in the country living in NJ, is that you can do 90 on the highways, and not be bothered. they don't sweat the traffic ticket income like other states. if you do get pulled over, its usually a warning.

So basically you've prepaid your ticket. even if you never get one. :D

Let me preface this by stating I went to school in Western PA and had a great time and most of my good friends are from the Commonwealth of PA.

That being said, I just hate going to PA. Have to travel to Pittsburgh or Philly prolly once per month.

Here is what I hate

1) Interstate instantaneously turns to chit as soon as you cross into PA..I don't care what highway you are on.

2) Speed Limit goes down as soon as you pass into PA for NO reason

3) Or maybe that is why there is a cop every 3 miles.

4) Breezewood...any other place in the union where you have to exit to get from one interstate to the other? Who was the brilliant engineer that concocted that idea.

5) The Turnpike..expensive, jersey walls everywhere, expensive gas and dirty rest areas (Must say have grown to love the Jersey Turnpike full service stations)

6) Having to go into some nasty bar in BFE to buy a 6 pack..and then getting a great selection of Bud, Bud Light, Miller Light, or PBR

7) Downtown Pittsburgh streets, and little to no public transportation available

8) High Taxes on everything, including gas

There are many more..can someone from PA explain to me is any redeeming qualities that make you want to live there?

9) It just feels like you go back in time 25 years as soon as you cross the PA state line.

Where in Pittsburgh do you go? I kinda like living here, but there are parts of town (i.e., parts of Allegheny County) that aren't nice at all. I also take public transportation here, which is pretty good, IMO. Agreed though on the roads--ugh...

I just google mapped Breezewood. WTF? Was the mayor sleeping with the head of the Dept. of Transportation? "Let's force people to drive through our town so they stop for gas/eat/sleep"

Amazing isn't it? And God Bless ya if you want to find any food that has not been fried and has a half of pound of bacon on it. BTW, no decent bars there either to get a six pack..only a Pizza Hut selling the aforementioned Bud or Miller. :D

Where in Pittsburgh do you go? I kinda like living here, but there are parts of town (i.e., parts of Allegheny County) that aren't nice at all. I also take public transportation here, which is pretty good, IMO. Agreed though on the roads--ugh...

I am usually in Donntonn or Oakland.

Amazing isn't it? And God Bless ya if you want to find any food that has not been fried and has a half of pound of bacon on it. BTW, no decent bars there either to get a six pack..only a Pizza Hut selling the aforementioned Bud or Miller. :D

I am usually in Donntonn or Oakland.

When I lived in western PA, a joke used was promising a gal an all-expense paid trip to Breezewood.

:angry:

When I lived in western PA, a joke used was promising a gal an all-expense paid trip to Breezewood.

:angry:

Better Joke..If you get in a fight with several PDOT workers in a bar, what is the best thing to do?

Hand them a shovel and then they will all just stand there doing nothing :D

It's also nice to get a 6-pack at Wegmans instead of going to a bar to pick up the same.

The Wegman's near me ('burbs of Philly) just started selling beer by the bottle and six-pack. It's nice to finally have that option here in PA.

The Wegman's near me ('burbs of Philly) just started selling beer by the bottle and six-pack. It's nice to finally have that option here in PA.

Every grocery store in CA sells pretty much anything you want. From Two Buck Chuck type stuff to +$100 bottles of wines, Champagne and Cognac under lock and key.