Toyota: Democrats 'not industry friendly'

Magox

This should have came out years ago. I don't know why the way Toyota does business hasn't been exposed.

Why should any "quarter" be given to Toyota... Look how they handled the their sludging engine problems. Obviously, thats not too much a safety issue. Unfortunately, their way of doing business finally effected something that could kill people.

:thumbsup:

Anyway... They are a foreign company... The US doesn't have to be friendly at all... Somebody else will pick up the slack, especially in this industry.

I heard Ferrari was going to jump into the small econobox market. Watch out Detroit!!!

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbsup: ok Eric

Yes... My name is Eric. Very observant of you. What is your first name?

Why does the US have to be friendly toward a foreign company? Again, are Americans gonna stop driving? Surely somebody will produce cars, preferably domestic. And if there is a void in the market? So. It won't take longer before a company takes advantage of that.

What are you saying? Americans gonna stop driving small econoboxes? Stop driving? :thumbsup:

Maybe I'm tired but I don't get what you're saying...

I said, Ferrari would come in and take over the small car market. It's a joke obviously.

I need to sleep.

Why does the US have to be friendly toward a foreign company? Again, are Americans gonna stop driving? Surely somebody will produce cars, preferably domestic. And if there is a void in the market? So. It won't take longer before a company takes advantage of that.

It's a free market. They don't have to be friendly, but they shouldn't step in and help a crappy domestic company.

Mateo

Trade relations with a very valuable partner. Let's not forget that Japan is our largest national financier of our spending binges. Let's also not forget that we have a very healthy trade relationship with one another. Not to mention the hundreds of thousands of jobs they provide between their plants and auto dealerships here in the U.S

That's just for starters

Mateo

Trade relations with a very valuable partner. Let's not forget that Japan is our largest national financier of our spending binges. Let's also not forget that we have a very healthy trade relationship with one another. Not to mention the hundreds of thousands of jobs they provide between their plants and auto dealerships here in the U.S

That's just for starters

Let me reiterate: jobs.

Personally, I wish Toyota would just stand up in front of Congress and say "!@#$ you. We're closing all our American operations. Suck it, bitches." Then we could really see who owns who. :thumbsup:

It would be terrific for the domestic auto makers to regain a lot of their lost market share. However, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and other foreign makes employ a lot of Americans with assembly, engineering and marketing operations here. In addition a significant portion of the parts in American cars are produced outside of the US. Job-wise, the pickup we could expect from greater market share by American makes would not be as big as one might think.

I look at other industries like electronics and wonder why we can't produce more of that here. Flat screen TVs for example are produced (I believe) without a lot of manual labor. It would seem to me that products built with greater use of automation could be produced with less cost disparity. We've got to keep more cash right here at home.

Let me reiterate: jobs.

Personally, I wish Toyota would just stand up in front of Congress and say "!@#$ you. We're closing all our American operations. Suck it, bitches." Then we could really see who owns who. :thumbsup:

Yes, Toyota should be pissed because they had to answer questions about a gigantic recall. Thank god for Toyota because they created jobs in the US.

Yes, Toyota should be pissed because they had to answer questions about a gigantic recall. Thank god for Toyota because they created jobs in the US.

Toyota should be pissed at being demonized by Congress for the purposes of political theater. Congressional investigations are a joke to begin with, and this one somewhat more than most.

But mostly, I'd like to see it because it would be fun to watch the fallout, and find out who the cringing Congressional bastards really work for. :thumbsup:

Why do I believe that Toyota F'd up? Because it's their product.

How do you know there's really a problem...? Millions of cars driving hundreds of millions of miles, and only a handful of accidents supposedly caused by an issue...? It's possible, but it's also possible that the witch hunt is inventing it. I'm surprised anyone can be so sure that it's 100% definitely an issue.

How do you know there's really a problem...? Millions of cars driving hundreds of millions of miles, and only a handful of accidents supposedly caused by an issue...? It's possible, but it's also possible that the witch hunt is inventing it. I'm surprised anyone can be so sure that it's 100% definitely an issue.

100% sure the "witch hunt" did not invent the problem.

If you were Toyota and there is a "suspected" problem with design/equipment that caused a crash killing four people. Wouldn't you look into the design and recall if necessary? I am sure that Toyota has done their research, found the problem and are now correcting.

If you were Toyota and there is a "suspected" problem with design/equipment that caused a crash killing four people. Wouldn't you look into the design and recall if necessary? I am sure that Toyota has done their research, found the problem and are now correcting.

I'm not saying the witch hunt invented the problem. But did you read the links I posted? Similar issue happened to Audi in the 80s -- and turned out to be user error (only after it crippled the business in the US).

I'm not quite ready to crucify the company without actual scientific evidence.

I'm not saying the witch hunt invented the problem. But did you read the links I posted? Similar issue happened to Audi in the 80s -- and turned out to be user error (only after it crippled the business in the US).

I'm not quite ready to crucify the company without actual scientific evidence.

I did read the articles, difference is that toyota has been dominating this market for a looooong time.

You have no idea what makes a recall necessary.