Toyota: Democrats 'not industry friendly'

Magox

And all of that proves NOTHING. Oh wait a minute, there were some back room meetings where the UAW and other unions worked with Dems in the HOPES that Toyota would F up so that they could give them a black eye with the public. Of course, screwing over workers who are non-unionized within their districts.

Give me a freakin' break. And please STOP with your conspiracy theories.

So you lied that the suppliers are not union shops, but yet their is nothing to see here. Yeah sure. Okay. But you don't lie about Toyota being unfairly targeted. Gotcha.

If Toyota was a union shop this would be pushed under the rug and wouldn't be as big a media talking point. I suspect that once they are done trashing Toyota rep and sales, they will next target Honda or Nissan. Can't have any of those non-union slant eyed products being sold here. Right Comrade pBrain?

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the main reasons we replace the potentiometers frequently on the electric carts we have at work is probably because they are exposed to the elements more.

I think Jim in Anchorage mentioned redundant systems a while back. For the life of me, I can't figure out why Toyota wouldn't use them... Especially with the E-gas/potentiometer setups... Or like the article I posted above... Implement brake priority.

It is either a sense of engineering arrogance or ignorance... It can't be ignorance given Toyota's "reputation"... Or can it???

So you lied that the suppliers are not union shops, but yet their is nothing to see here. Yeah sure. Okay. But you don't lie about Toyota being unfairly targeted. Gotcha.

If Toyota was a union shop this would be pushed under the rug and wouldn't be as big a media talking point. I suspect that once they are done trashing Toyota rep and sales, they will next target Honda or Nissan. Can't have any of those non-union slant eyed products being sold here. Right Comrade pBrain?

Toyota's problems and issues HAVE been pushed under the rug for sometime. This appears to be a witch hunt because of that.

These issues have been going on for sometime now.

I just don't understand all the Toyota fanboys. Sure the gov't is going hard on them... Maybe unfairly because of what they allowed Toyota to get away with in the past.

It is kinda like blowing your top on your child for something you have been letting them get away with for a long time. The bad guy appears to be you... Even if you may be totally in the right.

I didn't lie about crap. I said that not ALL of their suppliers are unionized. You believe they ALL are because you found a few through google. And really how is toyota being treated unfairly? People died because of a problem with their product. What should happen in your mind? Just say to them, hey your not as awesome as you were before, just fix the problem and be awesome again?

Again, NO proof of anything. Keep trying to push some dumbass union/democrat evil agenda. And really union workers have been buying those "slant eye" products for years. YES, union workers.

And you lied about muppets having a gay agenda. :unsure:

I didn't lie about crap. I said that not ALL of their suppliers are unionized. You believe they ALL are because you found a few through google. And really how is toyota being treated unfairly? People died because of a problem with their product. What should happen in your mind? Just say to them, hey your not as awesome as you were before, just fix the problem and be awesome again?

Again, NO proof of anything. Keep trying to push some dumbass union/democrat evil agenda. And really union workers have been buying those "slant eye" products for years. YES, union workers.

And you lied about muppets having a gay agenda. :unsure:

You just know many of these fanboys would feel different is say a loved one of theirs pulled what they are calling a "dumbass" move and didn't put the car in neutral.

I mean really... It is human nature. Especially if you are driving a Toyota right now... People would defend thier ride and not have to deal with the hassle.

"...I will leave it to the reader to decide whether it is safe to roll the dice and get into a Toyota. I personally will not get into one of these vehicles again, and recommend all my relatives think twice. Toyota should recall all of their e-gas vehicles and implement Brake Priority, which is a simple ECU flash that should take less than 15 minutes per car."

You just know many of these fanboys would feel different is say a loved one of theirs pulled what they are calling a "dumbass" move and didn't put the car in neutral.

I mean really... It is human nature. Especially if you are driving a Toyota right now... People would defend thier ride and not have to deal with the hassle.

"...I will leave it to the reader to decide whether it is safe to roll the dice and get into a Toyota. I personally will not get into one of these vehicles again, and recommend all my relatives think twice. Toyota should recall all of their e-gas vehicles and implement Brake Priority, which is a simple ECU flash that should take less than 15 minutes per car."

You make very strong assumptions about people based on message board posts.

Me personally, I'll defend something if it's worth defending. My 2 previous cars, garbage.

People died because of a problem with their product.

I'm still waiting to see proof that there was a problem with the product. Everything I've read (and I just did some quick Google searches - nothing in depth) point to the unauthorized floor mat causing the accelerator to stick... Nothing that applying the brake wouldn't fix....

What am I missing? Have any proof on what you're talking about, because I'd really like to know what the issues are - I'm just not seeing it yet.

I'll point out this portion again:

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/in-defens...-the-audi-5000/

"Parnelli fired up the Caddy's big V8, dropped it in gear and floored it- with his other foot on the brake. The left rear wheel lit up in a screeching howl; the car was soon engulfed in a cloud of acrid smoke. The Caddy didn't move an inch- obviously. And neither did Parnelli, glancing at the wincing producer with his wicked grin. I had assumed (wrongly) that race-car drivers grew up eventually.

The experience seared in a lesson in basic automobile physics: brakes are always more powerful than engines, even when they have 500 cubic inches (8.2 liters). Too bad we didn't have our cameras running. We could have made a graphic rebuttal to 60 Minutes' fraudulent destruction of Audi."

The experience seared in a lesson in basic automobile physics: brakes are always more powerful than engines...

Still why was brake priority not installed? There is a whole bunch of variables here... People panic, how close are they to others, are the brakes worn, etc... etc...

Big difference when you are purposely flooring it as opposed to the thing getting a mind of it's own (that is when the variables and the WTF? comes into play).

Toyota has used these potentiometers and e-gas systems in their vehicles... AND Toyota has not engineered the precautions into their vehicles like other makes have. Why is that? I want to know.

I'm still waiting to see proof that there was a problem with the product. Everything I've read (and I just did some quick Google searches - nothing in depth) point to the unauthorized floor mat causing the accelerator to stick... Nothing that applying the brake wouldn't fix....

What am I missing? Have any proof on what you're talking about, because I'd really like to know what the issues are - I'm just not seeing it yet.

I'll point out this portion again:

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/in-defens...-the-audi-5000/

"Parnelli fired up the Caddy's big V8, dropped it in gear and floored it- with his other foot on the brake. The left rear wheel lit up in a screeching howl; the car was soon engulfed in a cloud of acrid smoke. The Caddy didn't move an inch- obviously. And neither did Parnelli, glancing at the wincing producer with his wicked grin. I had assumed (wrongly) that race-car drivers grew up eventually.

The experience seared in a lesson in basic automobile physics: brakes are always more powerful than engines, even when they have 500 cubic inches (8.2 liters). Too bad we didn't have our cameras running. We could have made a graphic rebuttal to 60 Minutes' fraudulent destruction of Audi."

"Toyota has ordered dealers to inspect their cars after a floor mat was suspected of snaring the accelerator pedal of a Lexus that crashed in San Diego County and killed four."

Those floor mats are in their product, that makes it their problem. And dear god did you lose money on Audi or something? When a car suddenly accelerates, I can't imagine the inexperienced or even some experienced drivers will think "Geesh, brakes are always more powerful than engines.." Most likely they are thinking, oh crap let's not hit anything and what to do. That's not even taking into account where they are when this happens. I know, you are always calm, cool and collected and the perfect driver... not everyone out there is as lucky as you though.

"Toyota has ordered dealers to inspect their cars after a floor mat was suspected of snaring the accelerator pedal of a Lexus that crashed in San Diego County and killed four."

Those floor mats are in their product, that makes it their problem. And dear god did you lose money on Audi or something? When a car suddenly accelerates, I can't imagine the inexperienced or even some experienced drivers will think "Geesh, brakes are always more powerful than engines.." Most likely they are thinking, oh crap let's not hit anything and what to do. That's not even taking into account where they are when this happens. I know, you are always calm, cool and collected and the perfect driver... not everyone out there is as lucky as you though.

You would think that if a car accelerates on its own, nearly every driver would respond by putting a foot on the brake. I'm not going to defend Toyota, and maybe there will be a safety improvement industry wide that comes from all of this. The majority of US drivers in my opinion don't have a clue what to do in many panic situations and/or don't have the driving skill to deal with it effectively so we have to build more idiot proof cars and the more idiot proof they are, the less skill people will have. Kind of like a government entitement plan. The better the plan is, the more will find themselves getting comfortable in it. As a driving purist I despise anti-lock brakes and traction control, but they have made cars safer for many drivers at the expense of some driving ability of the same people.

You would think that if a car accelerates on its own, nearly every driver would respond by putting a foot on the brake. I'm not going to defend Toyota, and maybe there will be a safety improvement industry wide that comes from all of this. The majority of US drivers in my opinion don't have a clue what to do in many panic situations and/or don't have the driving skill to deal with it effectively so we have to build more idiot proof cars and the more idiot proof they are, the less skill people will have. Kind of like a government entitement plan. The better the plan is, the more will find themselves getting comfortable in it. As a driving purist I despise anti-lock brakes and traction control, but they have made cars safer for many drivers at the expense of some driving ability of the same people.

Very true. Unfortunately people do not place an emphasis on drivers education anymore. Not saying that would cure everything or the level of panic some people will have. But it should help.

I think the floor mat thing is a lot of hooey and I have a really hard time believing that the average driver doesn't automatically step on their brake when the car starts doing something untoward, since that's pretty much an automatic reaction in all but the best drivers.

Toyota is full of crap.

Those floor mats are in their product, that makes it their problem.

Actually from what I've read, the floor mat was not the right kind (size) for the car, and it was installed backwards... The individual dealership screwed up badly in that case, not the entire company.

And who the hell WOULDN'T brake when going too fast? Come on now. And if you don't have time to brake, you were following too closely. At least that's what I learned in driver's ed -- how is the guy in front of you slamming on his brakes any different than your car speeding up? Both require the same reaction.

Based on the lack of responses, I'm guessing this is the only "problem" that has been noticed with the Toyota cars and I'm not actually missing anything then?

I know, you are always calm, cool and collected and the perfect driver... not everyone out there is as lucky as you though.

Based on this statement, pBills apparently does think it's user error. Kudos! :thumbsup:

Actually from what I've read, the floor mat was not the right kind (size) for the car, and it was installed backwards... The individual dealership screwed up badly in that case, not the entire company.

And who the hell WOULDN'T brake when going too fast? Come on now. And if you don't have time to brake, you were following too closely. At least that's what I learned in driver's ed -- how is the guy in front of you slamming on his brakes any different than your car speeding up? Both require the same reaction.

Based on the lack of responses, I'm guessing this is the only "problem" that has been noticed with the Toyota cars and I'm not actually missing anything then?

Based on this statement, pBills apparently does think it's user error. Kudos! :thumbsup:

Of course part of this depends on what happens when people panic. No doubt.