Stadium Fights

One thing that always confused me is how can 2 guys who live in the same town, who love the same team, spend $50 per tickets to fight, get arrested and dragged out of the stands. I know alcahol is usually the reason, but it makes no sense to me. As fans we get to see our team for 9 - 10 events per season. Why spoil it throwing fists with complete strangers??? I am a mainly happy and calm person who doesn't really drink. I don't understand how or why this happens. I wonder how much of it the players see and does it bother them to see?? If you respond, can you tell me your experiences from stadium fights. I never sit in the endzone, but they seem to be the worst sections for fights. I am sure gambling, the lack of jobs, gloomy weather and drinking are the reason, but I have never went to a game and thought to myself I am going to get hammered, stumble to my seat and then challenge people I have never met. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks Doug in Clearwater

I've been to games in Foxboro, Buffalo and San Diego and I've never been involved in a fight. And I've been pretty liquored up at the events. In opposing stadiums, I try to stay humble and not rub things in other fans noses especially if my team is winning. If they're losing, I nut up and take my ribbing like a man.

Thats not to say that I wouldnt rumble if provoked or threatened...

I've been to games in Foxboro, Buffalo and San Diego and I've never been involved in a fight.    And I've been pretty liquored up at the events.    In opposing stadiums, I try to stay humble and not rub things in other fans noses especially if my team is winning.    If they're losing, I nut up and take my ribbing like a man.   

Thats not to say that I wouldnt rumble if provoked or threatened...

132560[/snapback]

Agreed, when in an oppossing stadium, you keep your head down and let the verbal abuse roll off your back. My experiences have been pretty tame. Good natured ribbing. Even at the Raiders game out here this year. No problems. I remember many fights when i was little at Rich. Most fights were between the Bills and Jets fans with the Jets fans getting hauled out after much beating.

If threatened, I would do the same. I am a bigger guy, so people just do not mess with me. I don't give them a reason to as well. I am in the monority, but I truly hate seeing fights - for some weird reason, they scare me to death. Not exactly sure why, but I always worry about guys hitting there heads. I also hate seeing people rage (while watching a fight) and wish harm to others - that to me scares the stevestojan out of me how little people care about each other. I guess I am a 6 '2 inch kitty, but that is ok

If threatened, I would do the same. I am a bigger guy, so people just do not mess with me. I don't give them a reason to as well. I am in the monority, but I truly hate seeing fights - for some weird reason, they scare me to death. Not exactly sure why, but I always worry about guys hitting there heads. I also hate seeing people rage (while watching a fight) and wish harm to others - that to me scares the stevestojan out of me how little people care about each other. I guess I am a 6 '2 inch kitty, but that is ok

I was on the edge of a pretty good rumble at the end of a Raiders game in the snow one time at the Ralph.

The Bills had beaten the Raiders, the balance of the game was just a formality.

Anyway, this guy takes his shirt off. Sub-freezing weather, smart move! Taking off your shirt when there is snow on the ground is like making yourself a snowball magnet. So people started pelting the guy with snow.

Well, this drunken college guy with a bad arm misses the no-shirt guy and hits a biker's girl friend in the back of the head with a snow ball. This was a drunken biker's drunken girl friend who was already pissed the Raiders were losing. He had a bunch of other drunken folks with him. A mini-rumble started with about 50 people in the scrum. Security finally tossed everyone out.

I was just an observer! :lol:

I don't feel like writing it all out so I'll do the short version.

Early 90's was walking up the stairs in my Falcons jersey right after Deion returned a Kickoff for a TD at the Ralph. I was about 12 or 13. Some guy threw a beer can or something that resembled a beer can at me. My stepfather saw him and they ended up getting in to a fight and both got kicked out. It was stupid and I ended up hearing why I shouldn't of wore that jersey to the stadium all the live long way home.

The worst ribbing I ever took was in Shea Stadium when the Braves were playing. Must have been around 1996. Chipper chant was just getting popular....people were yelling at me, I mean screaming "Go the fVck back to Atlanta hick."....and I'm from NY...It was just plum crazyyyy. My dad and I left after the seventh cause I thought I was going to get beatdown on the way out.

You always see crazy things happen in the stands at the Sabres-Leafs games. Probably has something to do with fans getting drunk, realizing they are wearing hockey jerseys just like their heroes on the ice, and deciding they should fight the guys in the 'other' jerseys too.

I was in a biker bar one time with my girlfriend. The two biggest bastards in that bar came up to me and my girlfriend and said hey. WE ARE GOING TO HAVE YOUR GIRLFRIEND what are you going to do about it? I looked them both in the eye and said.......

"Hold her feet?"

:lol:

I was in a biker bar one time with my girlfriend. The two biggest bastards in that bar came up to me and my girlfriend and said hey. WE ARE GOING TO HAVE YOUR GIRLFRIEND what are you going to do about it? I looked them both in the eye and said.......

"Hold her feet?"

132603[/snapback]

Did you buy them a beer afterwords......

It makes no sense to me, either. I can't stand idiots who fight at a game. Playfull ribbing and trash talk is fun, but sheesh people get out of control.

I hate to sound elitist, but most of the time both parties in a fight are white trash drunken toothless morons. (ignore the picture to your left, please)

Agreed, when in an oppossing stadium, you keep your head down and let the verbal abuse roll off your back.  My experiences have been pretty tame. Good natured ribbing. Even at the Raiders game out here this year. No problems. I remember many fights when i was little at Rich. Most fights were between the Bills and Jets fans with the Jets fans getting hauled out after much beating.

132586[/snapback]

the home game vs the Jets is ALWAYS the worst one for fights. usually, the more opposing team fans - the worse the fights. plus, Jets fans are born obnoxious, they are poor losers and even worse winners. you may know an ok jet fan but i guarantee you get a few beers in them and they'll be way too loud and chanting stupid sh*t. there was ONE cool Jets fan in my section this year and he was still loud as hell when they scored, even though they were down by like 20 points, still up dancing in people's faces... it was funny cause he had already taken some abuse from the bills fans but man, what a turd

Guest John Green
come on, don't you ever go to a game, have a few pops and just want to throw a cup of beer on someone?

132757[/snapback]

only when im in detroit at a basketball game

Guest Guest_Hammer_*

At the Ralph a few years ago a Raider fan in front of me was jawing on his way into the bathroom as the Raiders were up slightly. I warned him that he was entering a bathroom void of security. He kept jawing so my cousin and I picked him up and deposited him head first into a garbage can. EVERYONE in the bathroom was cheering and laughing at the site of this guys feet flailing out of the can.

I was at a Sabres-Ducks game last fall in Anaheim and we had about 100 Sabre fans exiting at once chanting "let's go Sabres" as we had just crushed them. A Duck fan flipped me off and said Sabres suck, then got in my face and pushed me. Ohhhh, it was on. I held him over the concession stand and gave him four shots that sent the concession stand girls screaming. Then his buddy jumped in and grabbed me, they both threw me on the ground and started to pound me until my fellow fans rescued me. I don't condone fighting and yes it is dangerous, but, sometimes a little old time hockey spilling into the stands is good for the game.

Never with another Bills fan except the first one. Every one I was pretty hammered as were the other participants. Needless to say, I have calmed way, way, way, way down over the last 5 seasons.

1992- Bills vs Rams Opener. Girl with us threw a water bottle and it hit some guy four rows below. He came up with his pals and about 8 of us started throwing. All were ejected. Good thing it was the 4th quarter and the Bills were up by 33.

1992- Bills vs Broncos Championship Game. Guy in an Elway Jersey in the row behind me swung his seat cushion at me when Carlton Bailey scored. I turned around and clocked him. Double ejections.

1993- Bills at Steelers AFC Divisional Playoff Game. Post Game in Three Rivers Stadium Parking Lot. Some yahoo threw a full bottle of Jack Daniels through the back window of our van. We just got the hell out of there in a hurry and drank the Jack on the way home to stay warm.

1995- Bills vs Miami. Bills clinched AFC East and some guy in a Bryan Cox jersey threw a full beer at me in the 4th quarter, then tried to apologize and shake my hand. I swung at him instead. Double ejections.

1998- Bills vs Jets game on a Saturday afternoon right before Christmas. Bunch of us went out drinking the whole night before and continued right through Saturday AM into early afternoon. One of the guys with us was really ripped and ripped off a metal bar from a bathroom wall. He brought it back to our seats and ended up swinging it at an obnoxious Jets fan. Nasty fight ensured with other Bills fans, Jets fans, security and cops. He ended up getting arrested. Whole slew of people got tossed including the two guys with us that were passed out in the seats from halftime on.

1999- Bills vs Jets Sunday Night Opener. Scoreboard End Zone. Jets fan behind me burned my Chris Spielman jersey with a cigarette and I saw him do it on purpose. I was pretty ticked off but let it go. Later on he does it again and it was on. He was the only one ejected as everyone else was pointing and yelling at the Jets fan saying he started it all.