Our new LT!

DarthICE

OK - After a little research, the Towson Tigers are a Division I-AA team in the "Colonial Conference" and went a whopping 7-4 in 2006 - the year before Bushrod was drafted. Not a team I would be looking for starting left tackles... tells you something doesn't it.

Both those guys were playing due to injuries to the starters. Ugoh (2nd round-Arkansas) and Brown (1st round- Okla.)

1st and 32nd picks from Tennessee and Purdue. What's your point?

That is pretty much my point. 1st overall and a hidden gem in the 2nd round. What does that tell us?.....absolutely nothing. ROFLOL.

It's basically the same argument about LTs but scaled up for QB. I gathered this info for another post. Most of the "good" QBs in this league fall into two categories. Guys that were drafted #1 overall or basically in the top 5 to maybe 7. The larger group of the rest, are all over the place like Brees who was a 2nd round pick. ICE is just campaigning SO hard for a QB at #9 across multiple threads that it is comical. I'll give him this though he does hit it from all angles. This is the latest trying to talk up some 6th round hidden gem at LT that can come in and be a star.

ICE's argument is that you don't need to spend a high draft pick on a LT to make a super bowl. My argument is you don't have to spend a high pick on a QB to make a superbowl. Even if you DO spend a high pick on a QB, like #1 overall, it's no guarantee that you will get to and win the super bowl. The NFL landscape is littered with first round and #1 over all QBs who sucked horribly and doomed their team to mediocrity for years. Comparatively there are quite a bit fewer high draft pick LTs that have busted and left their teams screwed over for a few years. We got REALLY unlucky drafting Mike Williams. I still can't believe we took him over Bryan McKinney who never gave up a sack in college!!!!!! Are you kidding me???? We suck SO bad!!!!

That being said it doesn't matter where a player is drafted it matters what they do once they get on an NFL team.

Both those guys were playing due to injuries to the starters. Ugoh (2nd round-Arkansas) and Brown (1st round- Okla.)

Ugoh was benched in favor of Johnson during the pre-season.

Johnson was the starter in week 1 over a healthy Ugoh and that didn't change all season long.

And again, for most of the season who played? Who played in the playoffs, who played in the Superbowl? Apperantly the guys are good enough or their QB's would be dead and neither team in the Superbowl.

Bottom line, you don't need a first round LT.

And again, for most of the season who played? Who played in the playoffs, who played in the Superbowl? Apperantly the guys are good enough or their QB's would be dead and neither team in the Superbowl.

This is what I've been trying to explain to the other posters. Get those two boys from Bama with the first two picks then address the QB, OL. Remember DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!

True yet if we can nab a LT in the first round that will be an improvement over Bell and isn't considered too much of a reach at pick 9 why not take Bulaga? The draft is about getting the best collection of talent and it seems in recent years the Bills haven't focused on the big picture.

Name for me the rounds that the LT's for the two SUPERBOWL teams were drafted in. And where are they from college wise.

Weren't Bushrod and Johnson injury replacements for 1st round picks?. And...the fact that both teams GOT AWAY WITH using these two jamokes is more a testiment of their QB's/OC's ability to HIDE them rather than their overall ability. You will never see either in the Probowl and you may not see either start next year.

That being said, I like what I read about this Indiana kid. Surely sounds like a decent option if we go QB/LB in 1 and 2. Hell, I'm even open to drafting 2 OTs and just be done with the o-line for 4-6 years.

Weren't Bushrod and Johnson injury replacements for 1st round picks?. And...the fact that both teams GOT AWAY WITH using these two jamokes is more a testiment of their QB's/OC's ability to HIDE them rather than their overall ability. You will never see either in the Probowl and you may not see either start next year.

That being said, I like what I read about this Indiana kid. Surely sounds like a decent option if we go QB/LB in 1 and 2. Hell, I'm even open to drafting 2 OTs and just be done with the o-line for 4-6 years.

Ok so you proved my point! If you have a great QB then you can get away with a lesser pick at LT. Thanks for proving my point :rolleyes:

Right...we really should go for the tenth best Offensive tackle who as a second team all Big ten selection in our position of most critical need. That should make sure we don't suck.

Astro

Bills Correspondent, www.drafttek.com

RD1: Bulaga or Davis LT

RD2: Cody NT

RD3: Norwood OLB ....think the Bills have the Balls to draft anyone with this name??

RD4: Ben Tate RB

RD5: Adam Ulatoski OT

RD6- Zac Robinson QB

RD7- Reggie Carter ILB

RD7- Lee Ziemba OG

CS: Speaking of the draft board, have any scouts mentioned to you where you may be on their boards at this time?

RS: I've gotten mixed reviews. Some has been from scouts, as well as guys like yourself. There are things all over the media about me being a second-, third- or even a fourth-round pick. I've even heard that I could go in the late-first round. It doesn't really matter to me where I go in the draft. Obviously, I'd like to go as high as possible to be able to support my family, but I just want to play.

Please tell me I shouldnt read too much into that comment and he wont be like a Jason Peters always wanting more money

I would like nothing better than a player that makes all pro and then asks to be paid like an all pro.

Bushrod was, Johnson was not.

As I said, Johnson took the starting job from Ugoh (a former 2nd round pick acquired by Indy when they traded a future 1st round pick to SF to move back into the 2nd round) in the preseason.

Ok so you proved my point! If you have a great QB then you can get away with a lesser pick at LT. Thanks for proving my point :rolleyes:

Please point me to the next Peyton Manning or Drew Brees we can get in this draft. If you can do that I'm on your band wagon assuming they are invulnerable and won't shatter when the RDE blows by our turn style LT and creams our new rookie QB who will be as effective as Peyton Manning in his 14th NFL season.