Our new LT!

DarthICE

CS: Speaking of the draft board, have any scouts mentioned to you where you may be on their boards at this time?

RS: I’ve gotten mixed reviews. Some has been from scouts, as well as guys like yourself. There are things all over the media about me being a second-, third- or even a fourth-round pick. I’ve even heard that I could go in the late-first round. It doesn’t really matter to me where I go in the draft. Obviously, I’d like to go as high as possible to be able to support my family, but I just want to play.

Please tell me I shouldnt read too much into that comment and he wont be like a Jason Peters always wanting more money

Right...we really should go for the tenth best Offensive tackle who as a second team all Big ten selection in our position of most critical need. That should make sure we don't suck.

Name for me the rounds that the LT's for the two SUPERBOWL teams were drafted in. And where are they from college wise.

CS: Speaking of the draft board, have any scouts mentioned to you where you may be on their boards at this time?

RS: I’ve gotten mixed reviews. Some has been from scouts, as well as guys like yourself. There are things all over the media about me being a second-, third- or even a fourth-round pick. I’ve even heard that I could go in the late-first round. It doesn’t really matter to me where I go in the draft. Obviously, I’d like to go as high as possible to be able to support my family, but I just want to play.

Please tell me I shouldnt read too much into that comment and he wont be like a Jason Peters always wanting more money

Well lets see. You leave your current job for a simillar one. Where the company chooses you determines your salary. Would you want to be picked higher or just go wherever making less money?

Right...we really should go for the tenth best Offensive tackle who as a second team all Big ten selection in our position of most critical need. That should make sure we don't suck.

This is the type of player who could be a perfect fit for Buffalo. An absolute standout for a sub-par team. He was snubbed for the Senior Bowl. He's going to play with something to prove. Typically, the "top ranked" tackles don't always work out so well (we all remember Mike Williams) and often times players lost in the shuffle because they played for a subpar team turn into great players (we all remember the "House").

The draft experts always rates players based on where they played and who their competition is. Just because you went to a top school, like Texas, and played well against your conference doesn't mean you are that good. There are so many "good players" on garbage teams that get lost in the shuffle, solely on where they play.

Name for me the rounds that the LT's for the two SUPERBOWL teams were drafted in. And where are they from college wise.

Hmmm

That would be Charlie Johnson from OK State (6th Round) and Jermon Bushrod in the 4th Round from.....TOWSON?!?!?!?

Well he HAS to identify a NON #9 pick LT that is a star so he can advocate the drafting of Bradford, the object of his man crush, at #9.

Name for me the pick that the QBs for the two SUPERBOWL teams were drafted at and where are they from college wise.

Hmmm

That would be Charlie Johnson from OK State (6th Round) and Jermon Bushrod in the 4th Round from.....TOWSON?!?!?!?

OK - After a little research, the Towson Tigers are a Division I-AA team in the "Colonial Conference" and went a whopping 7-4 in 2006 - the year before Bushrod was drafted. Not a team I would be looking for starting left tackles... tells you something doesn't it.