more quaterback talk

bkc

QB Sam Bradford (Oklahoma)/Jimmy Clausen (Notre Dame)

A number of teams don't have either of these signal callers in their top 20 prospects. They aren't looking for franchise quarterbacks. Bradford's shoulder and Clausen's lack of height (word is he'll measure at 6-1 or less) are issues, and might decide which player teams rate higher.

Teams might not see either player throw this week as many top quarterbacks wait until their pro day to throw in a familiar environment to familiar receivers.

from cbs sports

A number of teams don't have either of these signal callers in their top 20 prospects. They aren't looking for franchise quarterbacks. Bradford's shoulder and Clausen's lack of height (word is he'll measure at 6-1 or less) are issues, and might decide which player teams rate higher.

Teams might not see either player throw this week as many top quarterbacks wait until their pro day to throw in a familiar environment to familiar receivers.

from cbs sports

Yet there are plenty of "experts" around here who want to waste a #9 on Clausen. Or even trade up to get him :lol:

To me this is going to be a wonderful draft........

We could get either

- A talented young quarterback

or

- A talented young offensive tackle

or

- The best LB in the draft

This is going to be a cant lose draft....as long as we dont take a DB I am going to end up being happy with whoever is drafted I think.

We could get either

or

or

This is going to be a cant lose draft....as long as we dont take a DB I am going to end up being happy with whoever is drafted I think.

Or trade down and get none of the above. Sorry, but given this teams history, you can't rule it out.

Or trade down and get none of the above. Sorry, but given this teams history, you can't rule it out.

1 Lions Matthew Stafford QB

2 Rams Jason Smith OT

3 Chiefs Tyson Jackson DE

4 Seahawks Aaron Curry OLB

5 Jets Mark Sanchez QB

6 Bengals Andre Smith OT

7 Raiders Darrius Heyward-Bey WR

8 Jaguars Eugene Monroe OT

9 Packers B.J. Raji DT

10 49ers Michael Crabtree WR

11 Bills Aaron Maybin DE

12 Broncos Knowshon Moreno RB

13 Redskins Brian Orakpo DE

14 Saints Malcolm Jenkins CB

15 Texans Brian Cushing OLB

16 Chargers Larry English DE

17 Buccaneers Josh Freeman QB

18 Broncos Robert Ayers LB

19 Eagles Jeremy Maclin WR

20 Lions Brandon Pettigrew TE

21 Browns Alex Mack C

22 Vikings Percy Harvin WR

23 Ravens Michael Oher OT

24 Falcons Peria Jerry DT

25 Dolphins Vontae Davis CB

26 Packers Clay Matthews OLB

27 Colts Donald Brown RB

28 Bills Eric Wood C

29 Giants Hakeem Nicks WR

30 Titans Kenny Britt WR

31 Cardinals Chris Wells RB

32 Steelers Evander Hood DT

Look at the amount of talent taken after the 9th pick in last year's draft....there are always studs to be had after the top 10 in every draft..nothing wrong with trading down if our player isn't there, imo.

Look at the amount of talent taken after the 9th pick in last year's draft....there are always studs to be had after the top 10 in every draft..nothing wrong with trading down if our player isn't there, imo.

And yet we end up with Maybin, McKelvin, Lynch, Whitner, McCargo, Losman, McGahee, Mike Williams, Erik Flowers, etc.

I hate to bring facts into the discussion, but Buffalo hasn't traded down from ANY pick since 2001 (traded down from 14 to 21, allowing Tampa Bay to draft Kenyatta Walker - OT/Florida while Buffalo grabbed Pro Bowl CB Nate Clements at 21...worked out okay). They have, however, traded UP in the following drafts since that time:

2001 (up in the 2nd round with Denver to get Travis Henry)

2002 (up in the 2nd round with Denver to get Ryan Denney)

2004 (back into the 1st round with Dallas to get JP Losman)

2006 (back into the 1st round with Chicago to get John McCargo)

2007 (up in the 2nd round with Detroit to get Paul Posluszny)

2009 (up in the 2nd round with Dallas to get Andy Levitre)

I'd say it's much, much more likely the team trades up, not down.

+1

I always am thankful for your optimistic outlook.

I couldn't agree more.

Here is our latest scenario, where the choice is between the most NFL ready QB, the best Guard, and a solid DT.

http://drafttek.com/Round12010.asp

We could get either

or

or

We could get either

or

or

Iagree...it would be pretty hard to go wrong. I still think the best option is to get the best offensive tackle available at 9 though. Picking a player like McClain or a fine DT or even DE is a possibility depending on what talent is available when we pick. DB is out...and in my opinion, qb should be out as well.

from cbs sports

Drew Brees...shoulder injury & <6'1"...don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of eitehr Bradford or Clausen, just sayn' :ph34r:

And yet we end up with Maybin, McKelvin, Lynch, Whitner, McCargo, Losman, McGahee, Mike Williams, Erik Flowers, etc.

Maybin may as well retire, he's already proven to be usless in this league.

McKelvin in his- what, half a season as a rookie starter? didn't prove to be a big-time playmaker and bascially the best kick returner in the league.

Lynch didn't start his career with two straight 1,000 yard seasons behind what everyone on here describes as the worst offensive line in history.

McGahee in 2004 was ridiculous, just had an attitude problem.

Mike Williams- behemoth tackle from Texas, consensus top 5 pick.

Let's cut them a little slack. As much as I hate to say it because I love the man, but the most egregious picks were all made under Levy's watch (Whitner, McCargo and Losman).

from cbs sports

Pure crap.

Agree. Most teams have their QB on the roster. Those that probably don't (Cleveland, Washington, Oakland, T-Bay, Arizona, St.Louis, Buffalo, possibly Minnesota) are in the mix basically for 2 quarterbacks. There won't be a QB left for the Bills in my opinion.

Take out those who draft behind us (Minnesota, Arizona). St.Louis-TBay will take Suh and one QB. That leaves Oakland and Cleveland. Al Davis will be attracted by QB-WR even though they should take a lineman, and Cleveland. Cleveland's DraftTek analyst has QB as the prime P1 need in this draft, so they'll take the other QB if Oakland hasn't.

The good news is that leaves talent in our lap. If Oakland takes Bradford then Bulaga falls to us. If Oakland finally takes a OL guy (Bulaga-Davis-Iupati) which is their prime need, the Bills still have 2 very good OL choices (Bulaga-Davis-Iupati) , possibly Bradford (I doubt it right now), a 6-3, 327 Nose Tackle (Dan Williams), the best WR (Dez Bryant), the best RB (CJ Spiller), and a Gergia Tech DE (Derrick Morgan, who we feel is more of a 4-3 edge rusher). This week's Mock