more quaterback talk

bkc

QB Sam Bradford (Oklahoma)/Jimmy Clausen (Notre Dame)

A number of teams don't have either of these signal callers in their top 20 prospects. They aren't looking for franchise quarterbacks. Bradford's shoulder and Clausen's lack of height (word is he'll measure at 6-1 or less) are issues, and might decide which player teams rate higher.

Teams might not see either player throw this week as many top quarterbacks wait until their pro day to throw in a familiar environment to familiar receivers.

from cbs sports

All teams never ever ever give any true indication of the direstion there going to go. Its all specualtion created by the media.

Maybin may as well retire, he's already proven to be usless in this league.

McKelvin in his- what, half a season as a rookie starter? didn't prove to be a big-time playmaker and bascially the best kick returner in the league.

Lynch didn't start his career with two straight 1,000 yard seasons behind what everyone on here describes as the worst offensive line in history.

McGahee in 2004 was ridiculous, just had an attitude problem.

Mike Williams- behemoth tackle from Texas, consensus top 5 pick.

Let's cut them a little slack. As much as I hate to say it because I love the man, but the most egregious picks were all made under Levy's watch (Whitner, McCargo and Losman).

Wasn't Losman a Donahoe era pick?

Lynch was the Levy era pick you were looking for I think.

To me this is going to be a wonderful draft........

We could get either

- A talented young quarterback

or

- A talented young offensive tackle

or

- The best LB in the draft

This is going to be a cant lose draft....as long as we dont take a DB I am going to end up being happy with whoever is drafted I think.

Thats what I said last year! :ph34r::unsure::wub:

We don't 'feel' we need one, it is clear we need one

ICE man, I'm as adamant as you are about the need for a franchise QB, but his point doesn't conflict with yours. His point is simply that Buffalo shouldn't just draft a QB that they may not feel will be great because of that need. He's saying that if Buffalo takes a QB it should be because they believe he's the answer, and not for any other reason...and it's hard to disagree with that.

That said, if it comes down to taking a QB they believe in vs. an OL, LB, etc. they believe in, the choice should be QB wihout a doubt.

Or trade down and get none of the above. Sorry, but given this teams history, you can't rule it out.

Ah....the ever present imaginary trade down scenario....now all you have to do is get another team to want to trade up!!!!....lol

Could I see yours? I've shown you mine... :ph34r:

Here's how mine looks right now...

1 St. Louis Rams- Sam Bradford - QB/Oklahoma

2 Detroit Lions- Ndamukong Suh - DT/Nebraska

3 Tampa Bay- Gerald McCoy - DT/Oklahoma

4 Washington Redskins- Jimmy Claussen - QB/Notre Dame

5 Kansas City Chiefs- Eric Berry - S/Tennessee

6 Seattle Seahawks- Russell Okung - OT/Oklahoma State

7 Cleveland Browns- Joe Haden - CB/Florida

8 Oakland Raiders- Jason Pierre-Paul - DE/South Florida

9 Buffalo Bills- Brian Bulaga - OT/Iowa

10 Jacksonville Jaguars- Dez Bryant - WR/Oklahoma State

11 Denver Broncos- Rolando McClain - LB/Alabama

12 Miami Dolphins- Derrick Morgan - DE/Georgia Tech

13 San Francisco 49ers- Jared Odrick - DT/Penn State

14 Seattle Seahawks- C.J. Spiller - RB/Clemson

15 New York Giants- Brandon Spikes - LB/Florida

16 Tennessee Titans- Carlos Dunlap - DE/Florida

17 San Francisco 49ers- Anthony Davis - OT/Rutgers

18 Pittsburgh Steelers- Mike Iupati - OG/Idaho

19 Atlanta Falcons- Brandon Graham - DE/Michigan

20 Houston Texans- Kyle Wilson - CB/Boise State

21 Cincinnati Bengals- Golden Tate - WR/Notre Dame

22 New England Patriots- Jermaine Gresham - TE/Oklahoma

23 Green Bay Packers- Bruce Campbell - OT/Maryland

24 Philadelphia Eagles- Sergio Kindle - LB/Texas

25 Baltimore Ravens- Patrick Robinson - CB/Florida State

26 Arizona Cardinals- Dan Williams - DT/Tennessee

27 Dallas Cowboys- Trent Williams - OT/Oklahoma

28 San Diego Chargers- Jonathan Dwyer - RB/Georia Tech

29 New York Jets- Earl Thomas - S/Texas

30 Minnesota Vikings- Colt McCoy - QB/Texas

31 Indianapolis Colts- Dexter McCluster - WR/Ole Miss

32 New Orleans Saints- Sean Witherspoon - LB/Missouri

I know I'll get ripped for putting a QB at No. 1, but as I've said many times over, I just can't see any team handing over $40M+ in guaranteed money to a DT.

EDIT: and for those of you wondering, I have Buffalo taking Daryl Washington - LB/TCU in the 2nd round. As much as I'd like a QB, I just don't see it happening in the top 2 rounds.

To me this is going to be a wonderful draft........

We could get either

- A talented young quarterback

or

- A talented young offensive tackle

or

- The best LB in the draft

This is going to be a cant lose draft....as long as we dont take a DB I am going to end up being happy with whoever is drafted I think.

They've got to hit throughout the two days, and if they don't have OT, NT, QB and LB addressed through the draft they had damn well better have done it in FA. If they can have the success they had in 2009 in rounds 2 (really, 1B) thru 7, while making sure the first pick is an impact player, they should be in good shape. Obviously they should not be worrying too much about the secondary.

QB Sam Bradford (Oklahoma)/Jimmy Clausen (Notre Dame)

A number of teams don't have either of these signal callers in their top 20 prospects. They aren't looking for franchise quarterbacks. Bradford's shoulder and Clausen's lack of height (word is he'll measure at 6-1 or less) are issues, and might decide which player teams rate higher.

Teams might not see either player throw this week as many top quarterbacks wait until their pro day to throw in a familiar environment to familiar receivers.

from cbs sports

Any team that doesn't need a QB isn't going to put them in their top 20, but I guarantee you any team (like Buffalo) that is in need of a franchise quarterback, has these two in their top 20 if not top 2 or 3. QB is the most important position on a football team, and if you don't have one, you aren't going to win-just watch Bills highlight films of the last 5 or 6 years (not a lot of highlights) and you will see what I mean.