Lynch to Chargers idea...

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/articl...101/2150324/tbd

In a perfect scenario, the Bills would get San Diego's second-round pick and use one of their second-round picks on Gerhart. A Fred Jackson-Gerhart 1-2 punch could be very effective.

How would people feel about that?

I am not in the "Trade Lynch" campaign, but I would be alright with it, IF we DID get Gerhart. As I have said before, I think Lynch is a talented and young running back. He is a "Franchise" running back. But again, like I've said here a few times previously, I would love for the Bills (to be able) to draft Gerhart. Trading Lynch would allow, and in a roundabout way, force them to draft Toby, if not another running back. I think Gerhart, although compared to Leonard, will be more like Alstott. Which, in the end, would be better for the Bills because he could play fullback as well.

My "Dream" scenario would be to trade Lynch, pick up McCluster with the 2nd we obtained, and Gerhart with out 3rd.

DE or LB with our 1st and a OT with our 2nd.

I wouldn't use a first, nor a second round pick for that matter, on a RB if this trade were to happen. RB's can be had all throughout the draft.

This team needs to build up both lines before they even think about drafting skill position players. We need a NT, DE's, LBers and depth for our new 3-4 defense, as well.

We need to stockpile picks. I'd trade/release Schobel, Kelsay, Whitner, Kyle Williams and any other player that doesn't fit the 34 defense and use these picks on the positions I have mentioned above.

Let's build this team right, this time. From the inside-out. Games are won/lost in the middle of the field and that's where we're at our weakest.

I wouldn't use a first, nor a second round pick for that matter, on a RB if this trade were to happen. RB's can be had all throughout the draft.

This team needs to build up both lines before they even think about drafting skill position players. We need a NT, DE's, LBers and depth for our new 3-4 defense, as well.

We need to stockpile picks. I'd trade/release Schobel, Kelsay, Whitner, Kyle Williams and any other player that doesn't fit the 34 defense and use these picks on the positions I have mentioned above.

Let's build this team right, this team. From the inside-out. Games are won/lost in the middle of the field and that's where we're at our weakest.

Well said.

In a perfect scenario, the Bills would get San Diego's second-round pick and use one of their second-round picks on Gerhart. A Fred Jackson-Gerhart 1-2 punch could be very effective.

I am not in the "Trade Lynch" campaign, but I would be alright with it, IF we DID get Gerhart. As I have said before, I think Lynch is a talented and young running back. He is a "Franchise" running back. But again, like I've said here a few times previously, I would love for the Bills (to be able) to draft Gerhart. Trading Lynch would allow, and in a roundabout way, force them to draft Toby, if not another running back. I think Gerhart, although compared to Leonard, will be more like Alstott. Which, in the end, would be better for the Bills because he could play fullback as well.

My "Dream" scenario would be to trade Lynch, pick up McCluster with the 2nd we obtained, and Gerhart with out 3rd.

First off, No LB's. Second, I like the trade, get the punk outta here

Free Agent LT, so we don't have to draft one.

Trade Lynch, first pick, Whitner and Parrish to the Lions for the # 2 pick in the draft.

That is if the Rams don't pick Clausen and they dont take QB's they take the safe safe pick( Suh)

Sorry, Matt Millen is no longer Lions GM.

No way would I trade Lynch even for a 1st rounder. We know the guy can play and seems to have put his off-field issues aside. He's a perfect back in Buffalo- big, strong, and never goes down after the first hit. He could be a feature back with a team that had an NFL caliber O-line.

If san diego,trades a pick,which could be potentially used on Toby Gerhart,for Marshawn,there reputation as a well run front office will take a nosedive.

No chance,at least in my eyes :w00t:

I believe san diego may take him in the frst anyhow----we shall see

I dont wanna trade Lynch but I want Gehart on this team more than anyone. He is going to be such a dominant player IMO. I dont believe he is off the board on day one tho, because I think he will be just another RB whiff by the NFL, ie Frank Gore/Marion Barber/Tashard Choice/Shone Green

Trading Lynch for a late second round pick? If the Bills front office is interested in this kind of deals, then here is my suggestion:

From now on, for every draft, trade all their first round picks away and get into second or third round. Don't even look at who is on the draft board. That's because whoever we drafted, you guys seem to want to trade them away for lower round picks in a few years. So why not just trade the picks right the way. You will get more second, third round picks out of it.

I agree that Lynch is a pain in the butt. But you always need to develop your players. I think Lynch will be successful if he is coached correctly. The team need to get him in a position to be successful. Get him the right coach. Game plan to take advantage of his strength. Improve the blocking in front of him so that he is not hit behind the line. His off field problem is easy to address. At least he is not a hardcore criminal. Some of you are willing to bring in Mike Vick but want to trade Lynch away? I just don't get that.

I dont wanna trade Lynch but I want Gehart on this team more than anyone. He is going to be such a dominant player IMO. I dont believe he is off the board on day one tho, because I think he will be just another RB whiff by the NFL, ie Frank Gore/Marion Barber/Tashard Choice/Shone Green

I don't know about dominant in NFL, but Gerhart seems very durable. I watched him play a couple times, and he just kept pounding and pounding (was nice to see vs ND). Someone here mentioned he's like Riggins Jr. Wouldn't mind at all seeing him in Bills uniform.

Another thing, if there's possibly a strike or lockout in 2011, is there a draft? Cause Jackson would be 32 in 2012 season.

We need alot, but maybe RB is something to consider if no draft next yr, whether that means keeping Lynch or drafting.

Looks like Action Jackson's B-day is Feb 20th.

No way would I trade Lynch even for a 1st rounder. We know the guy can play and seems to have put his off-field issues aside. He's a perfect back in Buffalo- big, strong, and never goes down after the first hit. He could be a feature back with a team that had an NFL caliber O-line.

That's crazy.

If the Bills can get a 3rd and a 5th for him I'd say do it. I want to get as many players who have been picked by Buddy Nix on this team as fast as possible. If not I'm ok with keeping Lynch for 2010 and praying he stays out of trouble and has a bounce back year so we can trade him before his contract expires.

Let's build this team right, this time. From the inside-out. Games are won/lost in the middle of the field and that's where we're at our weakest.

One of the better posts I've read lately!!! :thumbsup: I wouldn't use a 1st-3rd round pick for a RB either, wasn't Terrel Davis a 4th rounder for Denver?? Like you mentioned RB's can be had all throughout the draft, and I believe that !! It all starts with the lines anyways and Denver always had good running backs because the Offensive lineman made gaping holes for them to run through!! It's all about the "O" & "D" lines...and of course we need a QB that is at least good! Over the years just look at the successful teams QB's.....P. Simms, T. Bradshaw, R. Staughbach, J. Montana, S. Young, P. Manning, T. Brady, J. Kelly, B. Favre, and many others ! If we select the right QB in the draft, L OT, NT or DE and get those first 3 picks right like we used to in the late 80's/early 90's then we can screw most everything else and it won't matter too much. The key is to get quality players over quantity players, so I'd like to stockpile draft picks...but hopefully we're not stockpiling 6th & 7th round picks...because I'm tired of seeing N/E with (2) 1st round picks most years!

Schobel is already retired in his mind so it's better to off-load him as once you start talking about it your already retired! I don't think much of Whitner at all, Kelsay is marginal, and they say that Williams had a good year overall..but with everythng else so drab I didn't even notice...The only thing I noticed were F. Jackson & J. Byrd doing an excellent job!! Lets get rid of that punk Lynch too! He's talented, but hasn't shown it, plus he's nothing but a pain in the butt! Yeah, this apple is rotten from the core! and we need to purge many and find good, solid team players who care about the game, and have the skills to lead us to the promised land !!! So one day we can celebrate like the Saints are now and I can look up to the heavens and let my Dad know that "WE" finallly did it and toast him as Bills fans everywhere embrace and know how painful it was and the patience it took to get that trophy "Lombardi" one day!! :unsure: Let's get it started !!!!!!!!!!!