Mort Chat

Rico

Rob(Buffalo,NY): Hey Mort, just wanted to know what trade value Travis Henry has? Also what teams will most likely try and trade for him? BTW, Happy Thanksgiving.

Chris Mortensen: (11:11 AM ET ) I believe he can fetch a 2nd rounder... I think teams like the Texans, Raiders, Eagles, Bucs, Panthers, maybe the Seahawks if Shaun Alexander isn't re-signed, the Cardinals and 49ers all would have an interest.

Mort could have said Happy Thanksgiving back! :D

I'd be happy as a pig in crap for a 2nd rounder... two 2nd Rounders, a 3rd rounder, and hopefully a compensatory pick at the end of the 3rd?

Not having a 1st makes TD have to avoid looking at the big flashy names. MAYBE he will actually address this Oline for once!

Mort could have said Happy Thanksgiving back! :D

I'd be happy as a pig in crap for a 2nd rounder... two 2nd Rounders, a 3rd rounder, and hopefully a compensatory pick at the end of the 3rd?

Not having a 1st makes TD have to avoid looking at the big flashy names. MAYBE he will actually address this Oline for once!

132114[/snapback]

OK, brain cramp here. Who are you referring to that we might get a 3rd round comp pick for? I didn't think they even awarded them that high.

OK, brain cramp here.  Who are you referring to that we might get a 3rd round comp pick for?  I didn't think they even awarded them that high.

132130[/snapback]

I believe the highest compensentory pick (for a FA signing) was a #3 - which Cincy was awarded this year for TKO's signing by the Bills in '03.

There's no set formula for such. And you are right - most are 6th and 7th round.

Masteed (Boston): You mentioned earlier that Philly could be a possible candidate for Travis Henry. Why do you think so, especially with Westbrook already there-- would they accept a split role?

Chris Mortensen: (11:45 AM ET ) That's a good question. And I only mentioned the Eagles because they do need another RB to be more complete. Westbrook makes them pretty special but there has to be some concern about him holding up for 16 games.

Eric Rohloff(Vernon NJ): Mort, Do you see Drew Bledsoe being traded this offseason? possibleity to the Lions along with Henry for a #1 pick? Thanks.. Please Answer.

Chris Mortensen: (11:47 AM ET ) I think a lot will depend upon how Bledsoe finishes the year. If he plays poorly, then he won't have a lot of trade value anyway and he might serve better as a backup. If he plays well, then I'm not sure the Bills would get rid of him.

Eric Rohloff(Vernon NJ): Mort, Do you see Drew Bledsoe being traded this offseason? possibleity to the Lions along with Henry for a #1 pick? Thanks.. Please Answer.

Chris Mortensen: (11:47 AM ET ) I think a lot will depend upon how Bledsoe finishes the year. If he plays poorly, then he won't have a lot of trade value anyway and he might serve better as a backup. If he plays well, then I'm not sure the Bills would get rid of him.

132191[/snapback]

There are only 6 games left, how much longer do we have to wait and se eif he plays well this year? :D

132191[/snapback]

Where is that Vomit Clickable Smilie?