Now I know why you Southern Californians

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We hit 80 degrees today. Beautiful. How was PA?

Depressing. People here truly are miserable. Not that you can blame them not seeing the sun for weeks at a time. Tracking yet another furken snow storm coming in early next week. Ready to pack up the U-haul, abandon the house and move out to the Golden State.

Depressing. People here truly are miserable. Not that you can blame them not seeing the sun for weeks at a time. Tracking yet another furken snow storm coming in early next week. Ready to pack up the U-haul, abandon the house and move out to the Golden State.

I'm heading back to WNY next week to do some skiing. Bring on the mother !@#$ing snow baby!!

Oh and BTW it was even a balmy 70 up here. :rolleyes:

Skiing at 81? Nice!

Every damn day (well except weekends, its too crowded). I've been skiing with him for 40 years and I couldn't keep up with him as a kid and I still can't. And the good thing is that we're the first on the slopes every morning and done at lunchtime for beers. :D

Here's the cool thing. Whenever I call him over the past 8-10 years and I ask him about the skiing its always fantastic! Grooming and snowmaking has come a long way.

Every damn day (well except weekends, its too crowded). I've been skiing with him for 40 years and I couldn't keep up with him as a kid and I still can't. And the good thing is that we're the first on the slopes every morning and done at lunchtime for beers. :D

Here's the cool thing. Whenever I call him over the past 8-10 years and I ask him about the skiing its always fantastic! Grooming and snowmaking has come a long way.

My dad used to ski a lot, but he's got a bad back and can't. When I was a kid, he'd get us out onto the slopes at 6 AM to get the free hour and we would ski until the sun went down. Those are LONG days, no doubt but when you're a kid, it's a lot of fun. I want to take my daughter skiing, probably will next year.

But, when I move to So Cal, I think I'll take up surfing.

:lol:

My dad used to ski a lot, but he's got a bad back and can't. When I was a kid, he'd get us out onto the slopes at 6 AM to get the free hour and we would ski until the sun went down. Those are LONG days, no doubt but when you're a kid, it's a lot of fun. I want to take my daughter skiing, probably will next year.

But, when I move to So Cal, I think I'll take up surfing.

:D

I hear ya on the long skiing days as a kid. I had a full day/night pass at Holiday Valley were my dad was an instructor. I'd ski all day and when the lights came on I keep on skiing until my dad was done watching the Bills in the bar. If it was a good game I'd be out there until 7:00pm.

I don't get the surfing thing. Now, I've never tried it but I watch them bob around in the water forever and then this wave comes along and they'd get a ride of about 30 seconds. :lol: And then there are these whackjobs that were out there last weekend.

I don't get the surfing thing. Now, I've never tried it but I watch them bob around in the water forever and then this wave comes along and they'd get a ride of about 30 seconds. :D And then there are these whackjobs that were out there last weekend.

it's all about the solitude and peace.

that and the chicks dig it. :lol: