Now I know why you Southern Californians

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All joking aside, if you're really interested in moving to Southern California, just let me know. I'll do everything I can to get the phone number for Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog so he can help you.

*I* am. I'd be moving behind the orange curtain, not to L.A. And from what I hear, you're virtually the County Executive in OC. It may take another couple of trips to convince the ol' lady, but she loved what she saw this trip out.

:thumbsup:

*I* am. I'd be moving behind the orange curtain, not to L.A. And from what I hear, you're virtually the County Executive in OC. It may take another couple of trips to convince the ol' lady, but she loved what she saw this trip out.

:thumbsup:

What part of OC were you? I love it there, and if you're truly serious I can help you out too. Having live in SoCal for nearly 30 years I can give you some good tips.

San Clemente, Dana Point, Laguna Niguel.

Preference: San Clemente.

Ok, I was in Aliso Viejo. San Clemente is nice but being close to Pendleton there tended to be issues with the Marines in the bars that tended to spill out to the neighborhoods. There was always someone getting knifed and it tended to be race related which sucks. Laguna Niguel was right next to Aliso Viejo where we lived and is VERY suburban. I love Dana Point, we used to sail out of the harbor so we spent a aweful lot of time there. That's my favorite of all the three. Actually you should look at Aliso Viejo. It's very suburban too but lots of hiking trails and you're very close to Laguna Beach.

BTW, stay way far away from Yorba Linda. Lot's of crazy right wingers live there.

BTW, stay way far away from Yorba Linda. Lot's of crazy right wingers live there.

Yeah, you're much better moving up north near San Francisco. What's better than grabbing some fresh crabs at the market before you stutter-step your way over a scenic route of smelly, homeless, tree-hugging, CO2-hating, green-driving flower children. :thumbsup:

Ok, I was in Aliso Viejo. San Clemente is nice but being close to Pendleton there tended to be issues with the Marines in the bars that tended to spill out to the neighborhoods. There was always someone getting knifed and it tended to be race related which sucks. Laguna Niguel was right next to Aliso Viejo where we lived and is VERY suburban. I love Dana Point, we used to sail out of the harbor so we spent a aweful lot of time there. That's my favorite of all the three. Actually you should look at Aliso Viejo. It's very suburban too but lots of hiking trails and you're very close to Laguna Beach.

I'll be back there in August and will make sure I check it out! Can't wait to get back.

Yorba Linda? You're telling me Mock's one of the "Corpse of Tricky Dick's" neighbors?

Yeah it's pretty sweet down here... I moved here a few months ago for school, and although I still prefer San Francisco, sticking down south wouldn't be so bad.

Suntan in 4 days, no lie. Spent better part of one day at Aliso Creek Beach just sitting on a boulder looking at the water in amazement. No way a human being should be able to do that in February :lol:

Suntan in 4 days, no lie. Spent better part of one day at Aliso Creek Beach just sitting on a boulder looking at the water in amazement. No way a human being should be able to do that in February :lol:

Yeah, I had that moment last month. Right before I teed off, I said to myself, "Holy ****, I'm golfing in the middle of January." Pretty much decided I'm not going back East if I don't have to.

Yeah, you're much better moving up north near San Francisco. What's better than grabbing some fresh crabs at the market before you stutter-step your way over a scenic route of smelly, homeless, tree-hugging, CO2-hating, green-driving flower children. :lol:

You know it's like living anyplace you take the good with the bad. With my background the food scene it to kill for and if I have to kill a !@#$ing tree hugger to get a good table I look at it as a win-win.

BTW only in SF would a homeless person have a $2000 cat and a cell phone.

Yeah, I had that moment last month. Right before I teed off, I said to myself, "Holy ****, I'm golfing in the middle of January." Pretty much decided I'm not going back East if I don't have to.

You're a young dude, unmarried, no? DO NOT return East if you can at all manage it. You don't want to get stuck here.

Seriously? Pretty private down there. Where do you recommend?

It's private just not that clean. Aliso Creek runs right into the ocean there after running through all sorts of run off. It runs right past where we used to live so I used to see it foam up pretty good during storms. Main beach in Laguna is good, crowded but nice eye candy...no not that kind Simon. I liked the beach below the Montage Resort and the beach below the Ritz. We're not big beach people any more but I like the ones below the resorts because a good drink was just up the cliff. :lol:

Here's the Montage.

Joe. I moved here(Bay Area) 10 years ago from Southern Ontario and I will never live back east. My wife says that she would like to but it would be without me. Even for its flaws California is the best place in the US imho. Really, the entire west coast is beautiful. I could do Oregon np. So if you did move out here, you wouldn't regret it. You might be annoyed(like me) that you didn't make the move sooner.

:devil:

Please explain... How does that confirm your point? Last time I looked Bose was super expensive and one got crap. So, no... One does not get what they pay for.

You must be off your rocker again... B-)

$100 for a set of headphones is not super expensive. Get out of the trailer park every now and then.