josh_564

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to start the Opening Ceremonies

O Canada!

Our home and native land!

True patriot love in all thy sons command.

With glowing hearts we see thee rise,

The True North strong and free!

From far and wide,

O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

God keep our land glorious and free!

The opening ceremonies are tonight. The last torch carrier is unknown however most Vancouverites are hoping for Terry Fox's mother. For those who dont know who Terry Fox is

i guess discuss the olympics and hot athletes here

Gretzky?

I wish they'd get on with it....already getting my fill of NBC's fluff pieces.

Ten things to watch for during Vancouver's Opening Ceremony

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/vancouver...?urn=oly,219193

#11: Will the festivities result in another BSoD :nana:

Time to start the Opening Ceremonies

O Canada!

Our home and native land!

True patriot love in all thy sons command.

With glowing hearts we see thee rise,

The True North strong and free!

From far and wide,

God keep our land glorious and free!

Blame Canada!

I was going to give this a chance but it is just sad.

You'd think the Canadians would hire some good production people from the US or something for their moment in the spotlight. Obviusly they have not.

I'm sure they're trying to look less stupid than they actually are, but do they really think 10 guys dressed up like Dudley Do-Right carrying a Canadian flag is going to people think they're smart? I don't know whether to laugh or cry but I'm definitely turning it off before Rocky the Squirrell starts flying around.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry but I'm definitely turning it off before Rocky the Squirrell starts flying around.

Don't dis Rocky and Bulwinkle. They thwarted the efforts of Boris and Natashia which helped win the Cold War and bring down the Soviet Union

A local reporters trip and memories of Lake Placid...

Lake Placid still takes great pride in hosting the Winter Olympics 30 years later

I lived in Saranac Lake[10 miles from Placid] 1963-67 and they were still talking about the 1932 games like they were yesterday. My good Friend in the 6th grade used to train on the old 70 meter ski jump[11 years old!] and his brother competed in bobsled in the 1980 games, and went on to become a winter sports announcer for ABC sports.

I lived in Saranac Lake[10 miles from Placid] 1963-67 and they were still talking about the 1932 games like they were yesterday. My good Friend in the 6th grade used to train on the old 70 meter ski jump[11 years old!] and his brother competed in bobsled in the 1980 games, and went on to become a winter sports announcer for ABC sports.

Was Tail O the Pup around back then?

We were in LP this summer for a long weekend and the Olympic imagery is still everywhere. I hadn't been there since I was a kid, right around 1980; when we used to go on vacation near Schroon Lake.

We were in LP this summer for a long weekend and the Olympic imagery is still everywhere. I hadn't been there since I was a kid, right around 1980; when we used to go on vacation near Schroon Lake.

Ah yes, good ole Schroon "Yo Mama" Lake

I dunno. I was 11 when we moved to Albany. I do remember my Buddy's Dad owned the dew drop inn in Saranac lake in the middle of town right on the river; cool place, probably still in family hands since as I recall there where 5 brothers.

Loved it...except for the 40 mins that Time Warner couldn't fix their signal problems. Missed the US and Canadian athletes coming in and then most of the entertainment.

But overall, I'm an Olympic fan so I love every part of it.

And did you know that the Canadian National Anthem is the only one in the free world that doesn't describe war?