Antonio Pierce Cut Today

MattyT

There's a reason why he was cut. He has bulging disc issues that made him miss 6 games. The Giants didn't feel he would be able to come back. He probably will have difficulty passing a physical. If he had value they would have traded him.

There's also the almost $5 mill that he was about to be owed....

There's a reason why he was cut. He has bulging disc issues that made him miss 6 games. The Giants didn't feel he would be able to come back. He probably will have difficulty passing a physical. If he had value they would have traded him.

Nobody is going to believe me on this board, but I know Antonio from College days and he lives not that far from me in Southern California. I referred him to some contractors even to do some custom installations when he bought his house here. We dont keep in constant contact, but we chat once in a while and last time we spoke he seemed pretty confident he wouldnt have any lingering issues. Of course, thats just what he told me, doesnt mean its true.

Listen Alphadawg7, there is no way anyone here could have ever crossed paths with a proffesional athlete. They live in secret societies and towns where nobody is allowed to visit. I believe you, but you're right, there are so many sadsacks around here that just think it's impossible to ever have known or know someone in the NFL.

Nobody is going to believe me on this board, but I know Antonio from College days and he lives not that far from me in Southern California. I referred him to some contractors even to do some custom installations when he bought his house here. We dont keep in constant contact, but we chat once in a while and last time we spoke he seemed pretty confident he wouldnt have any lingering issues. Of course, thats just what he told me, doesnt mean its true.

So the truth comes out - you played for Arizona.

Hopefully, those contractors did a good job on his house or else he'll be looking for you. :)

That's actually pretty cool. Put in a good word for the Bills and encourage him to join his former teammate Kawika Mitchell, if you cross paths again.

Pierce is definitely slowing down and has been banged up. But if he checks out health-wise and will sign an incentive heavy contract, he could be a decent veteran pick up.

But the guy they should really grab from the Giants is Umenyiora, who was very unhappy in NY last year after being benched. He still looks pretty good from what I've seen and would be an upgrade at DE.

Pierce is definitely slowing down and has been banged up. But if he checks out health-wise and will sign an incentive heavy contract, he could be a decent veteran pick up.

But the guy they should really grab from the Giants is Umenyiora, who was very unhappy in NY last year after being benched. He still looks pretty good from what I've seen and would be an upgrade at DE.

That would be great if we were still playing a 4-3. We're probably better off for now hedging our bets with what we have at olb, than spending millions on transisitioning a great de to olb in a new system

Antonio Pierce since the sb has been a glaring weakness for the giants defense. He's slow to react and can't fight off blocks. At this point he's nothing more than a name. A Liability at that. That and he's not a 3-4 lb

Yea, I watch just about every giants game when they aren't on at the same time as the bills and pierce was a liability in 08, and in 09 was totally finished. All my giants fan friends complain about him more than we complain about keith ellison.

That would be great if we were still playing a 4-3. We're probably better off for now hedging our bets with what we have at olb, than spending millions on transisitioning a great de to olb in a new system

You're right....that's a good point about the scheme.

Hopefully, those contractors did a good job on his house or else he'll be looking for you. :)

That's actually pretty cool. Put in a good word for the Bills and encourage him to join his former teammate Kawika Mitchell, if you cross paths again.

Hahaha, honestly he used one of them to do his custom home theater and sound system for his house then fired them...lol. Well not really fired, just backed out before they got started. I guess they couldnt get him the right component rack or something that his wife liked so they went with someone else.