I got a Fevour

Virgil

The more I look into the draft and our options, the more I want us to take Dan LeFevour. First off, just think of the signs we could make. "I Gotta Fevour". I mean c'mon, he's got one of the better qb names since Colt Brennan.

But in all seriousness, the only knock I can see on this kid is the competition he was up against. But with that, look at Joe Flacco. The kid can run if he needs to, he's got a good, not great arm. Better than Brady I'd say. And the best part is, we'd pry be able to trade up into the late 2nd to get him, leaving us our first two picks.

Now, i'm a believer that if our Offense is on the field more, our D will only get better. You pick up either a T, McClain, or if one of those top 2 DT's fall with the first pick, a DT or OT in the second (whichever wasn't picked in the first), and then LeFevour, I think we are in great shape for the future.

I'm actually okay with bringing in Thigpen for a season for LeFevour to learn behind and bring him onto the field in spurts.

Overall, I think we stand as good a chance with this kid as anyone else. At worst, I see him as the 3rd best QB in the draft. Please feel free to rebuff

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more I look into the draft and our options, the more I want us to take Dan LeFevour. First off, just think of the signs we could make. "I Gotta Fevour". I mean c'mon, he's got one of the better qb names since Colt Brennan.

But in all seriousness, the only knock I can see on this kid is the competition he was up against. But with that, look at Joe Flacco. The kid can run if he needs to, he's got a good, not great arm. Better than Brady I'd say. And the best part is, we'd pry be able to trade up into the late 2nd to get him, leaving us our first two picks.

Now, i'm a believer that if our Offense is on the field more, our D will only get better. You pick up either a T, McClain, or if one of those top 2 DT's fall with the first pick, a DT or OT in the second (whichever wasn't picked in the first), and then LeFevour, I think we are in great shape for the future.

I'm actually okay with bringing in Thigpen for a season for LeFevour to learn behind and bring him onto the field in spurts.

Overall, I think we stand as good a chance with this kid as anyone else. At worst, I see him as the 3rd best QB in the draft. Please feel free to rebuff

The one thing you can point to with LeFevour that none of the other big QB hypes in the draft can say is LeFevour played at a consistently high and winning level all 4 years at Central Michigan. 3 MAC crowns in 4 years! Over 70% completion rate for 4 years. People say Tebow knows how to win? LeFevour won all 4 years. How may QBs win their conference 3 out of 4 years as a starter?? This is a guy who will succeed in the NFL and we can probably grab him in the 3rd round, instead of wasting a #1 pick on some one-season wonder boy.

Buddy Nix says he looks for guys who've been great for several seasons. I think he has LeFevour on his radar.

PTR

I'm just wondering how many games you watched him play in this year that you gotta a fever for LeFevour?

LeFevour is a spead QB who played in the MAC. CMU faced 2 tough defenses this year from BCS conferences, Boston College and Arizona, and LeFevour bombed in those games. A combined 310 yds, 58% 0TD's and 2 INT's, the offense scored 16 total points and more importantly they were beaten badly in both games . I'm sorry but the guy made a living off of MAC defenses and please save the Big Ben comparisons.

Finally, saying his arm is better than Bradys is one of the dumbest things that I've ever read on these boards. Brady is a HOFer, who has played in tough weather his entire career at UM and now NE. His arm has been strong enough to throw for 5000 yds and 50 TDs in a season, not to mention his 3 SB rings. The contrast is utterly ridiculous.

Seriously, if you jump on a guy's bandwagon, come with something more than ridiculous speculation and conjecture.

Buddy said that arm strength is his yardstick for measuring NFL quarterbacks. LeFevour is definitely in the mix. Here are the yardage leaders for career. Keep in mind there are differences in length of playing time, though.

1 Colt McCoy, Texas 13253 (spread offense)

2 Case Keenum, Houston 12950 (spread offense)

3 Dan LeFevour, Central Mich. 12905 (spread offense)

4 Max Hall, BYU 11365 (spread offense)

5 Tim Hiller, Western Mich. 11329 (variation of the spread)

6 Todd Reesing, Kansas 11194 (spread offense)

Tebow is 12th on this list (Spread option), Bradford 14th (operates from center a fair bit; but base set is a spread set).

Watch Case Keenum. He's the leader in yards per game (323.8 yards per game average) with a passing efficiency of 155.47. That's from a spread offense.

Zac Robinson in the 5th is also a possibility. They ran a spread at OSU.

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/2009/Internet/car...eerPassB14.html

The CMU OL wasn't very good this year at all.

In the bowl game vs. Troy, CMU lost the "pro prospect" battle by a wide margin, especially the Troy DL vs. CMU OL issue, where Troy has two pro prospects at DE and a junior DT, Eugene Kinlaw, who will be no lower than a Third Rounder next year. They got heat on Dan all game.

The only reason CMU beat Troy was Dan. Dan's receivers were all body catchers, so Dan had to put the ball in the breadbasket for a completion.

Dan doesn't have a really strong arm and will float anything more than 25-30 yards in the air, but he is by far the most developed, best reader of defenses in this Draft. He has a very neat quick compact overhead motion, gets rid of the ball quickly, and is lethally accurate with short passes.

With this OL, Dan is about the best rookie option, but Dan will negate some of Evans' talents deep.

The Brady comp is not correct. Dan's game is closer to Brees than Brady. And when Brady faced a ferocious Giant pass rush, he wasn't very HOFish either...

Do yourself a favor and fix the OL first before you waste another high pick on yet another kid QB who will just be mauled behind your pathetic OL.

The CMU OL wasn't very good this year at all.

In the bowl game vs. Troy, CMU lost the "pro prospect" battle by a wide margin, especially the Troy DL vs. CMU OL issue, where Troy has two pro prospects at DE and a junior DT, Eugene Kinlaw, who will be no lower than a Third Rounder next year. They got heat on Dan all game.

The only reason CMU beat Troy was Dan. Dan's receivers were all body catchers, so Dan had to put the ball in the breadbasket for a completion.

Dan doesn't have a really strong arm and will float anything more than 25-30 yards in the air, but he is by far the most developed, best reader of defenses in this Draft. He has a very neat quick compact overhead motion, gets rid of the ball quickly, and is lethally accurate with short passes.

With this OL, Dan is about the best rookie option, but Dan will negate some of Evans' talents deep.

The Brady comp is not correct. Dan's game is closer to Brees than Brady. And when Brady faced a ferocious Giant pass rush, he wasn't very HOFish either...

Do yourself a favor and fix the OL first before you waste another high pick on yet another kid QB who will just be mauled behind your pathetic OL.

If Dan LeF got drafted by the Bills it would be in the third round or lower. You are absolutely correct that it is futile for an qb to succeed unless there is a competent line in front of him. A lot of people forget that if Woods regains his health it might take another year for him to regain his strength and return to pre-injury form.

I'm just wondering how many games you watched him play in this year that you gotta a fever for LeFevour?

LeFevour is a spead QB who played in the MAC. CMU faced 2 tough defenses this year from BCS conferences, Boston College and Arizona, and LeFevour bombed in those games. A combined 310 yds, 58% 0TD's and 2 INT's, the offense scored 16 total points and more importantly they were beaten badly in both games . I'm sorry but the guy made a living off of MAC defenses and please save the Big Ben comparisons.

Finally, saying his arm is better than Bradys is one of the dumbest things that I've ever read on these boards. Brady is a HOFer, who has played in tough weather his entire career at UM and now NE. His arm has been strong enough to throw for 5000 yds and 50 TDs in a season, not to mention his 3 SB rings. The contrast is utterly ridiculous.

Seriously, if you jump on a guy's bandwagon, come with something more than ridiculous speculation and conjecture.

THANK-YOU!! Highly unlikely he ever starts in the NFL, just my opinion. I think Dez Bryant can throw farther than he can!!

THANK-YOU!! Highly unlikely he ever starts in the NFL, just my opinion. I think Dez Bryant can throw farther than he can!!

Dez bryant threw it 70 yds at the college all stars skill challenge, further than snead, canfield, robinson and lefevour. And snead is supposed to have the biggest arm in this draft.

Question, what does it matter how far you can throw if you cant hit the target on the other end?

Dez bryant threw it 70 yds at the college all stars skill challenge, further than snead, canfield, robinson and lefevour. And snead is supposed to have the biggest arm in this draft.

Question, what does it matter how far you can throw if you cant hit the target on the other end?

With that avatar you need to add the caption O'RLY

There is a trade off, but it didn't matter for the Saints. Brees never completed a pass in the SB longer than 15 yards in the air, but his short throws were incredibly accurate...

LeFevour and Brees have a lot in common.

idk ask JP ;)

Imo LeF is the best value qb we can get in the third, but i'll take clausen.

They guy is not good. He simply is not an NFL caliber QB. He made a living throwing screen passes and running the zone read option. Trade back into the 2nd round? I doubt he even gets drafted.

Thoner7, I've been trying to make out the model of the truck in your avatar - is it an older Dodge?

They guy is not good. He simply is not an NFL caliber QB. He made a living throwing screen passes and running the zone read option. Trade back into the 2nd round? I doubt he even gets drafted.

Ignorant...Obviously the combine will be very important to guys like LeFevour. If he lights up the numbers, someone will buy the package. QB is too important and worth risks like this guy. Hey...he could have sucked on his level..The combine and maybe his pro day will determine his round. It's not even worth speculation till then.

Lefevour and Keenum are interesting qb's, but I don't see us taking a flyer on a qb until about the third round (and even then the qb had better of the Lef. or Keenum caliber who slipped through the second round. We have so many other needs that taking a flyer on a qb would be a real luxury. If we don't think we have qbs who can perform, make a trade for McNabb or Vick.