Buffalo NOT in the Top 10 Worst Winter Weather Cities

Rubes

And rightly so... BFLO is not that bad if you can live with the snow. WNY has a very tempered climate"... Not hot but cool in the summer, not terribly cold in the winter. Actually where else don't you need an air conditoner and not terribly high heating bills compared to cities like Chicago (brutal in summer an brutal in winter)?

Same with DET... Notice Detroit is number 9... I think that is even too high... They shouldn't even be in the Top 10, IMO.

Both cities are very tempered with regard to their location.

Snow is not bad if handled properly... Actually, it is quite pretty!!

Buffalo has the sunniest and driest summers of any major city in the Northeast, but still has enough rain to keep vegetation green and lush.[29] Summers are marked by plentiful sunshine and moderate humidity and temperature. It receives, on average, over 65% of possible sunshine in June, July and August. Obscured by the notoriety of Buffalo's winter snow is the fact that Buffalo benefits from other lake effects such as the cooling southwest breezes off Lake Erie in summer that gently temper the warmest days. As a result, the Buffalo station of the National Weather Service has never recorded an official temperature of 100 °F (37.8 °C) or more.[30] Rainfall is moderate but typically occurs at night. The stabilizing effect of Lake Erie continues to inhibit thunderstorms and enhance sunshine in the immediate Buffalo area through most of July. August usually has more showers and is hotter and more humid as the warmer lake loses its temperature-stabilizing influence.

Sorry. Buffalo winter (and spring) weather sucks. There's no sugar-coating it. Cold, windy and lots of snow.

PTR

Ya, you can sugar coat it. When compared to those other ten... I honestly believe BFLO does NOT rank in the top ten for winter. Maybe snow... But snow isn't bad, it is actually fun!

Again... Except for some of the southern cities on the list... BFLO is not nearly as cold as it gets in Minny, Chi, Mil...

"Worst" is purely subjective... That is why I hate stuff like this... One man's hell is another man's paradise!

EDIT: BFLO is no worse weatherwise than DET, and that ranks 9.

Sorry. Buffalo winter (and spring) weather sucks. There's no sugar-coating it. Cold, windy and lots of snow.

PTR

I hated spring back home ... hands down worst season of the year ... everything turns to mud. Now spring in East Tennessee (used to live there) absolutely glorious.

The survey looked at the 50 largest US cities as measured by population. Buffalo does not make the top 50 largest metro areas in the U.S. Based on the last census Buffalo was at #69.

Buffalo is the 69th largest CITY (city limits) with a population of approx. 270k, but the 47th largest metropolitan area with a population of approx. 1.12 million. This study went based on city population, so you're right, Buffalo didn't even qualify.