This Was Super Bowl 25 Revisted

BillsNYC

Believe it or not, that was by design. I was listening to the Boomer show on WFAN this morning and someone mentioned that the brilliance of that gameplan was that the Parcells/Belichick actually wanted the Bills to have success running on them because they were so fearful of Kelly's almost unstoppable passing attack. Not only does it run the clock, it would take Kelly out of his comfort zone and he wouldn't have the same confidence in the pass at the end of a tight game.

I was like 9 at the time and even then I was mad that the Bills didn't give him the ball enough. When you have a rb averaging 9 yards a carry, it is a disgrace that he only had 15 carries. You keep running the ball and force the Giants to adjust. This was a classic case of overthinking.

I agree. One team just seemed to want it more and was playing for more. The onside kick was a 50-50 ball and the hungrier team came away with it.

Don't agree at all.

The Saints amd a gutsy call on the onside kick, they had the element of surprise, and they we fortunate. One team made more big plays, that team was the Saints.

Payton outcoached the Colts, simple as that. Just like Parcells outcoached Levy.

No doubt...But some of it was The Colts shooting themselves in the foot...How in Gods name, with maybe the best QB in NFL History, they decided to Run 3 straight times in the last drive before the Half was beyond me...I understand they are backed up, but it's Peyton Manning back there and you just got a HUGE momentum boost on the Goal Line stand...Manning is smart enough to throw it away in that situation...The Saints had their TO's so running time off the clock could not have been that big of an issue...On top of it, if you're Indy and you're going to run 3 times, do you let Mike Hart get 2 of the 3 carries? I just don't get it...

Oh well...I'm a Bills Fan, and I know bad Coaching when I see it... :thumbsup:

For me, I thought the tide of the game shifted right AFTER the failed 4th and goal for the Saints at the end of the 1st half. The Colts had all the momentum -- and then went into an offensive shell, going three-and-out and punting the ball away to allow the Saints to move within field goal range to end the half. Reminded me of the Bills' inability to do anything with the ball immediately after the safety in Super Bowl XXV.

I agree. One team just seemed to want it more and was playing for more. The onside kick was a 50-50 ball and the hungrier team came away with it.

Or Baskett couldn't catch it and it hit him in the facemask. Not sure where hungrier comes in.