One glaring need that everyone is overlooking

Stussy109

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's bring in Vick, Stallworth, Tank Johnson, and Pac Man Jones and maybe they'll get a group rate at the local probation office. Or not.

...and before any need is felt to "correct" my post, I know all of these guys may or may not still be on probation, I'm just making a joke. Maybe I should put one of these on here... :wallbash:

We already have a felon that got off due to being an NFL player

Granted his problems weren't as bad as Stallworth's, but he has quantity over quality. Plus he was a 1st rounder

Wouldn't be surprised to see Chris Chambers in Buffalo, and I wouldn't mind taking a serious look @ Jordan Shipley. Shipley's a Welker clone that would more than just fill the void left be Reed. :wallbash::wallbash:

Chambers is done. I see Shipley as a 'move the sticks' possession type Ricky Prohl/Steve Smith of NYG type. I would take Shipley in the 4th. Build the lines with the top 100 range picks.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Chris Chambers in Buffalo, and I wouldn't mind taking a serious look @ Jordan Shipley. Shipley's a Welker clone that would more than just fill the void left be Reed. :wallbash::wallbash:

Ok, I'm gonna stick up for Stallworth here because the comparisons to Vick, and the rest are just ridiculous. First off Stallworth never lied to the Commissioner's or anyone elses face regarding the accident. He called the police and ambulance for the guy and stayed there until the authorities arrived. Also, while he was drunk, Mr. Reyes (victim) was illegally crossing a major causeway that was poorly lit. Unlike guys like Lynch, Jones, and Vick Stallworth didn't run, didn't lie, and didn't try to cop out. He plead guilty to his crime, gave up his driver's license for life in Florida, and served his time. He has no other history of run ins with the law or anything like that so to lump him in with the thug moniker is wrong in my opinion.

Now, that said, let me tell you why I don't want him in Buffalo. One, he has a history of hamstring problems and he rarely plays all 16 games in a season and his stats are quite underwhelming. Two, he is still under contract with the cleveland browns after signing a 7 year deal prior to the 2009 season meaning we would have to trade for him because I doubt the Browns are going to release him and pay him all that cash while getting nothing in return.

I agree that WR is a slight weakness of this team. I do however remember being 5-1 to start the 2008 season with the same bunch. It'd be nice to upgrade, but it is possible to field a quality offense with the receivers we have IMO, not an explosive offense by any measures, but definitely one that can compete.

With that said: I wouldn't be shocked if Dez Bryant was the pick at #9. I don't know if he's a Nix type pick, but if the Bills brass has him rated higher than any of the o-lineman or defensive players they may decide to go in that direction. I remember liking the freakish athleticism of Rashaun Woods when he entered the draft out of Oklahoma St., and he flamed out big time for the 49ers. Dez Bryant is not Rashaun Woods, but given that receivers very rarely make big contributions right away I'd rather the Bills not go in that direction, this team needs contributions immediately.

I'd prefer Chris Chambers to Donte Stallworth if we went the FA route.